Dudleyville Region, Third Round: (4) Dudley Boys vs. (13) Fabulous Freebirds

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Dudley Boys

• Fabulous Freebirds

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

team6.jpg

4. Dudley Boys

Vs.

Fabulous_Freebirds.jpg

13. Fabulous Freebirds

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

In Dudleyville? I'd still go with the Freebirds. This team made their reputation by going into someone's own backyard, kick the door down, smoke some pot, eat some chips, and possibly commit some petty larceny.

In all seriousness, even though the Dudley Boyz were a fantastic tag team and deserve to be a top seed in this tourney, I can't say they would come out over one of the more flamboyant tag teams of all time. Besides, there's also the mystery of which of the three you'll get... and that's a headache in and of itself.

I'll go with the Freebirds in a shocker as they walk of Dudleyville toking on a blunt, and waving the rebel flag like it's not racist at all.

I have to favor the Freebirds in this one. These were two predominantly brawler tag teams, and the Freebirds can largely cancel out the Dudleys advantages: Gordy could toe to toe with anyone in a fight, and Hayes and Roberts were both sneaky heels who could also wrestle. It's also not like the Freebirds never fought teams like the Dudleys...they were the predecessors to them in many respects and routinely fought teams like the Road Warriors and the Von Erichs (those matches got absolutely bloody).

This would be a hard fought match, and I really like the idea of these teams paired up against each other. In the end, though, I think the outside interference would come into play, and the Birds walk away with the slight upset victory.

Winners: The Fabulous Freebirds

The Freebirds were great, and I can see why people would vote for them, but I'm picking the Dudleys. They are 23 time tag champs, the only team to win ECW, WCW, and WWE gold, as well as gold in Japan. Twice they won match of the year as a tag team. To do that award in a tag match is crazy, to do it twice is unreal. They were voted team of the decade for '00-'09.

The Freebirds have the potential to cheat with the odd man out at ringside, but let us not forget that Bubba and D-Von were not the only two Dudleys. They had an entire family that could help them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back