"Don't Ever Call me Cody Again"

Said it before, I'll say it again: Cody remains Stardust forever, and it continues to be an engaging story.

Despite the middling quality of the midcard, Stardust has valid contributions. Tag, IC, US championships - he certainly has a future within those bounds. Outsite of that I would not object in time to a World Heavyweight Championshp (though others might). As others have said, it all depends on how he works it. We have yet to see the full potential of this character who makes Goldust seem levelled and stable by comparison.

I'll be honest I did miss Cody's 'Dashing' and 'Disfigured' gimmicks but from what I understand Dashing wasn't all that interesting and Disfigured was basically Stardust but less weird. His time in Legacy was crap and the only things I remember about him teaming with Sandow was Sandow's promos and Cody's moustache.

As others have pointed out Cody isn't going to be winning world titles anytime soon. However he will be a solid midcard wrestler and there's nothing wrong with that. Goldust never won a world title and he's still had a Hall Of Fame worthy career. With Bray Wyatt seemingly placed to quasi take over the supernatural gimmick of The Undertaker it's not to much of a stretch for Cody as Stardust to take over the crazy out there gimmick.

This is likely leading to a brother VS brother match at Wrestlemania, which Cody/Stardust must win. His future would depend on him winning this match if it/when takes place. Then, what happens right afterwards will be crucial for him as well. Does he stay as Stardust? Does he revert back to his Dashing or Disfigured personas? I liked Dashing Cody and while I disliked Disfigured Cody it was better than him being himself.... Stardust is better than both of his older gimmicks combined. He needs to stay in this character as a singles midcard star long-term. A few more runs with the Intercontinental Championship or perhaps a US Championship win as Stardust are what I see in Cody's future, after this angle with Goldust ends. Or maybe he'll re-form Rhodes Scholars with Sandow after Sandow finishes his feud with Miz. Both would be cool outcomes.

With Stardust it can always be revisited later, if he just stays with it it'll lose the mystical side he's pretty out there and I like him that way.

I like Cody if he switches back I think this could have led to a world title back when two titles were still around. I want this to happen if Dolph and Miz are former champions Rhodes should be there too, but unlike most that won via MItB or won it within a year it'll feel special if Cody wins.

At this rate it may not happen but now with Stardust and Cody he can have multiple personalities just flesh the disfigured side out more, he can be another Mick Foley cause WWE isn't even hiding that Stardust is Cody right now so why should they ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back