Domestic football - spam version

I think it was The Star that had an article about your pre-season, sounds ghastly. I still think you'll be fine though. QPR, Swansea & Wigan to go down for me.

Well our only left back has gone for less than we paid for him. Don't blame Enrique and NUFC.com summed it up well:

In recognition of four season's service and sticking around following relegation we'll certainly not be giving him any stick at future meetings - unlike other rats who deserted at the first opportunity (or before it, in some cases...)

Jose earned decent money at SJP and become an established Premier League player, but has nothing in the way of meaningful silverware or full international honours - a situation that shows no signs of changing round here.

If there's a regret it's that he's not returned to Spain, but he's certainly shown more loyalty and commitment to our cause than any of his fellow countrymen ever did and leaves for an upwardly mobile club - unlike a twisty-faced Frenchman who occasionally played at left back for us before he fled to the footballing Mecca of...Wigan.

I don't either to be honest. Aside from LB our defence is strong, Kruls already in the Holland team and our immense midfield so we'll just see who we get up front and if we get that Erik Pieters I'd be pretty happy.

I don't think Newcastle are in as much of a mess as has been made out by the media to be honest. The signings they've made are good, and while losing Nolan, Enrique and potentially Barton will hurt, they won't struggle as has been suggested.

Fabregas has apparently signed for 31 million pound. Seriously, £31,000,000!? Andy Carroll went for 35 million and he's only 19 months younger than Fabregas. No matter how you look at it:
Cesc Fabregas > Andy Carroll

Fabregas has apparently signed for 31 million pound. Seriously, £31,000,000!? Andy Carroll went for 35 million and he's only 19 months younger than Fabregas. No matter how you look at it:
Cesc Fabregas > Andy Carroll

What I don't understand is Barcelona have that boy Thiago ready to make the jump to the first team, so it seems like a bit of a waste of money in some ways. Fabregas is a great player no doubt, but he's become more injury prone over the last couple of years, whereas Thiago seems like quite an exciting player.

And it's not worth trying to rationalise transfers anymore, how the agents and clubs agree these fees is beyond mind-blowing.

Decent parting shot by the NUFC website there. (Another)Top class and economical signing by the Reds there. In other news, Liverpool face Exeter City in the League Cup. Fucking delighted and am currently doing everything I know how to get tickets - dont care which end as long as its within the ground.

Just after making a fantasy premier league dream team and i got to thinking if anyone else here is doing it this year. Might make a league if enough people are interested.

nufc.com is not the official newcastle website, the official one is .co.uk there numbers.

Jose Enrique has completed his transfer to Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

A fee was agreed between Newcastle and the Reds on Thursday for the Spanish defender, who travelled south to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical, and the deal was finalised on Friday morning.

Enrique joined Newcastle in August 2007 from Villarreal, and made 129 appearances, scoring one goal, during his time at St. James' Park.

Just after making a fantasy premier league dream team and i got to thinking if anyone else here is doing it this year. Might make a league if enough people are interested.

I'll be up for it if your still thinking of doing it

Anyway I'm glad the Fabregas saga is finally over been having to listen to that shit for over a year now

Anyway PL kicks off tomorow and i'm fucking buzzing, I have my Weekend's back

I can't wait for the season to end, but I'm always waiting for it to begin again. My only complaint is that for the duration of our Europa League run we'll be playing mostly on a Sunday, so what the fuck do I do on a Saturday?

Predictions for the day

Blackburn 2-2 Wolves
Fulham 1-0 Aston Villa
Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland
Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal
Q.P.R. 1-0 Bolton
Wigan 0-1 Norwich

Sunday's Games
Stoke 0-0 Chelsea
W.B.A. 1-2 Man Utd

Monday
Man City 4-2 Swansea

Edit: Jake carn't you watch some local non-league sides on your Saturday afternoons ?

Blackburn 1 - Wolves 1
Fulham 1 - Villa 0
Liverpool 2 - Sunderland 1
QPR 2 - Bolton 2
Wigan 1 - Norwich 1
Newcastle 0 - Arsenal 2
Stoke 0 - Chelsea 1
West Brom 0 - Man Utd 2
Man City 3 - Swansea 1

Blackburn 2 - Wolves 1
Fulham 1 - Villa 0
Liverpool 3 - Sunderland 1
QPR 1 - Bolton 1
Wigan 2 - Norwich 0
Newcastle 0 - Arsenal 2
Stoke 0 - Chelsea 0
West Brom 1 - Man Utd 3
Man City 4 - Swansea 2

Blackburn 1 - Wolves 1
Fulham 2 - Villa 1
Liverpool 3 - Sunderland 1
QPR 3 - Bolton 2
Wigan 2 - Norwich 0
Newcastle 1 - Arsenal 2
Stoke 1 - Chelsea 3
West Brom 2 - Man Utd 2
Man City 2 - Swansea 0

I oredic toon 0 arse 0 with a sending off for arsenal, some controvesy for Joey and the ref missing song kicking joey in the ankle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back