Does WWE Believe in Punk as their Champion?

It's tough to say. Punk was given the federation's top belt and he has held it for the longest reign in almost 4 years. If they truly did not have confidence him then he would have lost the WWE Championship by now. The main problem that I and many others have had is that he has not been main eventing PPV events lately. Cena's matches against Rock and Brock made sense as main events due to being dream matches.... But how did matches with Cena against Kane and Johnny become more important than the world titles?

The whole point of being a wrestler should, kayfabe or not, be to become a multi time World Champion. The WWE and World Heavyweight Championship should take priority over other matches. Punk not closing shows in favor of filler matches like Cena VS Kane surely leaves one scratching their head in confusion. I still say that they have confidence in Punk though because otherwise his reign would never have lasted this long.

CM Punk just isnt ready to be the face IMO. hes been wwe champ for a while now but his feuds just arent the most exiting like miz,del rio, dolph those are ppl who havent been properly put over. CM Punk was hot last summer because of his feud with john cena nd HHH those are two main dominant superstars nd have an extremely high profile in wwe. the thing about heels now is their ALL made to look weak that really makes a difference cus when u think of heel miz nd heel HHH u wud obviously think of hhh as a threat nd miz as joke. wut they shud do is have more veterans put over punk like cena and Y2Jesus. and also the heels shud be put over more too how can u make a superstar while theyre all gettin squashed by AAs RKOs and dancing fat men? i mean john cena and randy have been top superstars for years now wuddent this be the time to put over younger stars as the past superstars have put them over?

They obviously aren't behind him. He almost never main events Raw or any pay per view despite being their champion for nearly six months, and now they've watered him down to a PG version of his character to make things worse.

Opinions become facts so fast. Here's mine though. WWE has faith in CM Punk but not without a money feud. While John Cena has been busy with all the dream feuds in Rock and Brock, WWE needed someone to carry the belt because matches with Rock and Brock can't be for the belt, especially when they have come back and wrestled only one match so far.
CM Punk has had one major feud since last summer and that was against John Cena. After that he has feuded with Del Rio, Ziggler and Jericho and all these feuds have been overshadowed by either Cena-Rock or Cena-Brock. OTL had the big angle of Johny Ace being fired which meant that Cena match would again go last because people want to see Ace's ass kicked. Meanwhile, here is chance for both Punk and Bryan to come up with a great feud and show WWE that they can draw. Both Punk and Bryan are over at this time and this could produce some great matches and with AJ involved (who is doing an amazing job so far), a decent enough story as well.
And yes, if company didn't have faith in a wrestler, he won't be carrying company's top belt for more than 6 months, overcoming almost all kind of odds.

I think WWE are trying to avoiding pushing Punk down the audiences throats as it hurt Cena's initial push. He's done well for the most part and I think him not closing Mania and ER was obvious, although I felt he should have closed OTL.

We'll see what happens with No Way Out but I can't see any reason to not have the title match be last for that PPV, Cena vs Show is not a big angle or a match that will be all that anticipated.

Yes, they do. Punk has been champion for 189 days at the time of me writing this (over six months) and is the longest reigning world champion for over four years. He is 21 days away from being the longest reigning world champ in six years. If they didn't have any faith in him, why let him keep it for that long? Jericho and Bryan recently could have had the belt instead, and they could have easily gambled on Del Rio. Hell, Cena may have transcended the title picture, but if they really wanted the belt off of Punk, even he is there as an option.

If the issue is because Punk as world champion isn't on top of the card...look at who is. John Cena is above and beyond the belt now, to the point that WWE, in my opinion, knows he's the safe bet in the main event and will put his match there because it's John Cena. Is it right? From a business standpoint, yes it is. I would prefer the world titles to be last, but I can still see the reasoning.

That's another thing; the World Heavyweight title hasn't main evented a PPV for two years. For two years, it's been match uno at the biggest event of the year. Does that mean the WWE has had little belief in Edge in 2011, Sheamus this year, and every champ since Elimination Chamber 2010? Of course not.

Punk has belief behind him, otherwise he wouldn't be champion. But he doesn't have as much as Cena, and when you remember that we're talking about Cena, is there anyone that isn't named Triple H that the WWE trusts more to be in the main event? No chance.

So, let's have a little chat here, shall we; people are using the argument that Punk having the title for a long amount of time signifies that the WWE actually believes in him.

Let me ask those people right now; besides John Cena, who else are they going to put the belt on? Seriously, besides John Cena, who on the Raw roster is actually going to look like a credible champion?

First, let's get this out of the way; you may as well forget everyone on Smackdown. Yes, Smackdown superstars appear on Raw, but that still means both world titles are held by a guy from one brand. The WWE just won't do that; so Randy Orton, Del Rio, and the peanut gallery, you can forget.

Well, why not Cena? Actually, that does make sense; seeing as how he's been in the main event and the top
draw, and Punk isn't. But we all know that Cena doesn't need the belt; trust me, when the WWE is done with this whole Johnny Ace stuff, he'll be back in the title picture.

Jericho? He's leaving soon; not putting the strap on him.

That leaves... Well, everyone else. Can you really imagine them putting the belt on Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and God forbid, Kane?

The WWE really wants this Punk thing to work; I don't get why, seeing as how he's such a ratings drag, and doesn't do a thing for buyrates. But they want to make him work, and they don't really have anyone else. Don't let this long reign thing fool you; Diesel had a year long reign, doesn't make him a success

Absolutely they do. If they didn't they would have found a way to have Punk drop the title. Jericho would have been the perfect opportunity to do that but Punk was put over repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back