Does Kane deserve to be WWE Champion?

avriltt234

Occasional Pre-Show
Kane debuted in the Wwe in 1965 and has had a 17 year long career and he has only held the Wwe/World Heavyweight Championships one a piece, whereas people like John Cena have only been in the Wwe for 10 years and he has held the title 12 times.

I read online somewhere that Wwe where planning on putting the World Heavyweight Championship on Kane on the May 19th Smackdown after he defeated Rey Mysterio but he turned it down because he wanted to take time off to promote See No Evil and heal from injuries.

Anyway my question is do you think Kane deserves to be holding the title a lot more than he has done?

1965? Lol

I do, but not now. I don't feel like CM Punk needs to drop the title yet. It would be better IMO if Kane had a good feud beating Sheamus for the WHC, Then keeping it until Barrett comes back and have a good 2-3 month feud with Barrett winning the title

The guy made a little mistake god you guys are assfucks. Anyways I get what he's saying and Yes I believe Kane deserves another run. Hell, he should have been champ so many more times but alas with Kanes current character he's definitely worth another go with the gold. I just wonder who he'd eventually drop it to

Kane should of won the World Title back in 03. He was one of the biggest momentum shifts i've ever seen.

Not trying to make this a "Kane should have never lost the mask" thing, but he should of won the world title in that match, because it would have been HUGE, everyone loved Kane back then, he would of been larger than life, plus had a really great title reign if done correctly

Sure, I think Kane deserves at least one more run with either championship. But the best way to have him lose and still make him look good would be either a triple threat, fatal four way or elimination chamber. Some match with multiple people.

1965??? Are we talking about Ric Flair or kane? XP Ok on a serious note I do agree that Kane should have another wwe (preferably)/WHC reign. He has been around for along time, he was never the face of the company but he has always been a main/relevant guy. He has had 3 world title reigns..... Guys like Orton and Cena have had 10 or more in shorter careers. What could it hurt to give Kane the WWE/WHC again? I mean he is one of those guys who's career is bigger then titles, but still it's a low number :p.

Um.....yes. Anyone that says he doesn't deserve another WHC or WWE championship reign doesn't know what they're talking about. He was Isaac Yankem D.D.S. He played the part of the fake Diesel. He's put over plenty of people and has been involved in some bad storylines. (Katie Vick?) He's been loyal to Vince for over 15 years and is supposedly one of the nicest guys in the locker room. He's also one of the most talented big men in the business today.

The question is, does Kane want the responsibility of being the top guy? He's 45 years old and probably wants to spend more time with his family. There's a decent chance he could retire in a few years.

I'd love to see Kane get another chance at top. Regardless of how many reigns Cena and Orton have had, I'll always prefer Kane over either of them. Kane = Legend.

Kane and Undertaker are 2 of my favorite characters in the WWE. Both should've held the title more times then they have. Kane really deserved more reigns then what he has. He has drawing power but the last ten years it's all Cena when Kane could've been a successful champion if given the chance.

Yes, yes, and again. . . yes! Kane (with the exception of the Undertaker) has to be the most loyal superstar on the current roster. For years he's done whatever WWE wanted him to do. If they wanted him to be a mid-card superstar, he was that. If they wanted him to be a complete monster, he was that. Besides, as Cole pointed out on Smackdown last night, he hasn't been WWE champion in 14 years! Come on now! Think about all of the guys that have been WWE champion with those 14 years, and you couldn't give Kane another try? But, on the other hand, Kane has always seemed to be on the brand that didn't have the WWE championship. Like when he was on Smackdown, the title was on Raw.

Anyway, to answer the question, yes Kane definitely deserves it. He's gonna retire in a couple years, one decent WWE title run wouldn't hurt! Plus, the time he did have the WWE(F) title back in 1998, it was only for one night if I remember correctly! Kane doesn't deserve these kind of things. He's a very good worker, so give him one good run before he hangs up the boots!

Should Kane become wwe champion?? Yes,He should be. Kane is a character who i feel wwe has completely ruined. Kane when he first came was unstoppable and he was honestly a machine. He destroyed everyone in his path then he hit a dry spell.

Kane lost his mask because wwe didn't have really anything good they could do with him and ratings were kind of dropping,so they said he has been here for 5 years drop his mask. Everyone wants to see what he looks like underneath so if we drop his mask they will skyrocket and they did making it one of the most watched wwe raw event's of all time. It was a good storyline to he was insane,dangerous,and scary to watch. He destroyed everything again tearing people apart and putting on wonderful matches. He took out undertaker and hbk. Then he hit another dry spell.

He was loosing all the time and they made him look ridiculous,what 7 ft proclaimed monster gets beat by literally everyone? He was never getting any ppv time really he wasn't getting any pushes except for ecw but hell who couldn't get a push on ecw that was like the disney land of wwe it was a few good wrestlers then they had people like chavo guerro and just people who they didn't care nothing about.

Then they put the mask back on and that storyline was one of the best since the attitude era. Him and Cena was doing great at it but kane wasn't getting a push, Everyone knew Cena was as far as he was going to get and after that feud was over he would go back to not doing anything again. Kane can make some money,He can make some good story lines,and he can give that scary edge back to wrestling that hasn't been since the ministry of darkness but instead of darkness its fire.I wish they would shoot Kane to the top because IMO he has earned it,not only inside the ring but he has been loyal to wwe for along time and he needs some good work.

A good kane story line would be something happens to him that makes the monster inside just unleash. He has a match with punk, I would rather it be bryan than punk but whoever the champion is. It needs to be something good like a ambulance match of a no DQ and just come out and tear into the champion I mean destroy him and make him look like he can't be stopped and let him go for a while without being beaten. He needs to go down the roster one by one and just show what kind of destruction he can do. I would much rather see kane go on a streak of winning instead of albert which was a bust or brodus clay Because neither one of them 2 will ever do anything clay is for the kids and albert was the same before he left just a different move set nobody is buying the lord tensi look the fans chant albert or a-train they just need to make a mid-card instead of beating punk and cena and everyone else he wasn't that good then so why give him a push to make him look it now

In an ideal world in which hard work, dedication & loyalty always lead to someone getting their just rewards, then damn near every wrestler to have been a major star in the past 50 years would have been a World Champion with the company at some point. In reality, however, that's just not how things work.

For one thing, there's just not enough room. As much as everyone wants to be a main eventer and/or a dominant World Champion, it just can't happen to everyone. There's not enough time, nor enough spots. Kane is someone that, in my view, has been among the most underrated wrestlers in the WWE. I don't think that he gets enough credit for his in-ring ability or his promo work. You'll be hard pressed to find someone of Kane's general size & character over the course of wrestling history that's had his level of ability inside the ring and on the microphone. They're out there, but not very many at all.

Kane is someone that will be in the WWE Hall of Fame someday. It's not as though he hasn't had a great career. He's won lots of titles, been involved in lots of big feuds with huge stars, his longevity is the stuff that most other wrestlers hope of having as he's still highly relevant & popular. I'd have had no problem with Kane having a run with the title 10 or 12 years ago. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have had a problem if he'd had a solid run last year now that I think on it. However, I can see why Kane hasn't had those runs. In terms of drawing power, Kane isn't on the level of someone like Undertaker, Triple H, Randy Orton, Cena or CM Punk. In all honesty, he never has been and he's at a point in his career where he probably won't be around much longer. If I'm not mistaken, Kane turned 43 this past April so I'm not expecting him to stay in the game for longer than a few more years. His best days are probably behind him and I think even he'd probably acknowledge that. The role he's in now seems to be as a middle man in the Punk vs. Bryan feud in which he can be beaten & keep Punk looking strong, thereby giving Punk a win over Daniel Bryan without Bryan's stock weakening as well. It's a role that Kane has played as regular intervals over his career and it's a role he's good in. Kane puts on competitive, quality matches in which he helps his opponent look strong in victory while he also looks strong in defeat.

Based on ability & work ethic, Kane is one of a number of guys in WWE that "deserves" to be champion. Realistically, however, Kane shouldn't be WWE Champion. Punk's been a strong champion for WWE. Fans are constantly interested in his feuds and he's one of the most over stars on the roster. Even though Cena is still the face of WWE, that doesn't render Punk's reign as being weak or irrelevant by any stretch.

Always liked Kane since day 1. Hell give the big man the title please, it would for sure build a totally different storyline around the WWE title from what we have been used to over the last 2 years or so. Imagine a Dark, Demonic WWE Champion. Give Kane a Red and Black Trenchcoat, and Hood. Imagine his entrances as he drags the WWE Title along the floor in his hand, he gets in the ring and the ringposts explode. just Awesome.

I'd like to see Kane win at no way out and come out with a tinkered Entrance the next night on Raw. Michael Cole could then yet again say... "The Landscape of WWE is changing" I wanna see it happen, but it probably won't.

Kane has been loyal and put many people over, but I don't see that as a good enough reason to give him another title run. The WWE isn't running some type of charity to make older wrestlers feel good.

Kane looks pretty good for a guy who debuted in 1965. lol Anyway, nobody deserves to be WWE champion unless they're a proven draw for the company. This idea that the title is a reward for hardwork is nonsense. The reward is being employeed, the title is for the guy who draws the big money. Over the past several years the WWE has used the title as a tool to get a guy over, but this is ass backwards aswell. Now days the title is a party favor. "Thanks for coming, here's your title reign!". So it really doesn't matter who is champion anymore.

Does his loyalty to the company and his years of hard work and dedication deserve a WWE title run, of course.

The problem however is since he has come back from his injury lay off he hasn't had a chance to gain WWE title momentum. His feud with Cena was very meh at best, the feud with Orton was ok, the hard work and such mentioned earlier was rewarded with a Wrestlemania win but in the end Orton won at ER and it felt like Orton took the feud overall. He then took on Ryder in the Over the Limit pre-show to continue their on again off again feud. They have moved him away from the psychotic spawn of Satan Kane he came back as to the more evil but subdued Kane, and even gave him a few face moments with D-Bry. He has just been everywhere since he came back. He deserve to have his moments here and there, and like his win over Punk on Raw showed, he deserves to beat the champ on TV every now and then but he just isn't in a position to draw as champ right now.

It would be great to see him get another run, he is a great professional and company man, he has suffered through more shitty storylines than most people ever will and he is still there doing his job. He is a safe worker, he is rarely in a dull match and is willing to do the job and put people over and still go out and go 100% even if his body isn't capable of what it was ten or so years ago.

I have been a big fan of Kane. He has had all kind of feuds, some very good and some utter non-sense. But overall, he has always been a safe and popular guy on the roster. The biggest thing is his character doesn't need a title. Never did. Even after just 3 world titles under his belt, he has always been relevant, put guys over and looked strong. He is always reliable. You put him in any spot in the roster and he won't feel out of place. A complete company man who could've won many world titles but actually never needed them. After Undertaker, he is the best big man imo and a sure shot HOF.

Yes he does. He has held the belt once before, many years ago, and has come a long way since then. Kane held the World Heavyweight Championship two years ago in what was one of the better runs for his character. This re-masked character has been doing well and a WWE Championship reign (one that actually lasts long enough to be relevant) would be another great bullet to add to his list of accomplishments. Kane has done quite a bit for the federation over the years and if others are going to be rewarded with title runs, then why not Kane?

With that being said, he might deserve it, but that doesn't mean I think it will happen. Not anytime soon anyway. Bryan is more likely to win this sunday than Kane is, and I still think Punk will retain. Punk's reign needs to continue for now, and Kane should not be the one to end it. I can see him holding the WWE Championship someday in the future, but not right now. Perhaps after Punk has lost the title, and if he maintains his momentum. By then it would make sense, and he deserves it regardless of if/when it happens because of all the hard work he has put in over the years and would be believable as champion.

Yeah I think Kane should get one more run with either of the World titles. He has had a long successful career and only held the World and WWE titles one time a piece. I wish he wouldn't have lost so much momentum during his latest comeback. I think he would fare better feuding for the World title now though more than anything. I wouldn't mind at all if he was the one to take the title from Sheamus.

I think Kane did deserve to be champion a bit more through his career but he was held back by people like triple H. Kane as champion in about the year 2000 could've been unstoppable.

I'd love nothing more in wwe right now than to see Kane win the wwe championship but at this stage of his career he'd be holding people down just like what happened to him and he's better than that.

No. First, WWE needs to change his attire cause his current attire is a complete joke.

Secondly, The new look of Kane is completely goofy. Unmasked Kane was better or they could have made Kane return in his 2003 half mask attire.

He already got a very long World Championship reign back in 2010 which sucked.

Instead Chris Jericho should get a long World title reign.

No, Kane should absolutely not get a WWE Championship run. Kane's a solid, reliable hand, but at this stage in his career, he shouldn't be the top guy/champion. Kane's going to be used best in a supplementary role, like he is right now. Sure, he's in a feud with the WWE Champion, but he's only there to add a wrinkle in the feud between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, putting them over, and (possibly) making it easier for the WWE to take the title off of CM Punk, by having Daniel Bryan get the winning pinfall/submission on Kane (just a possible scenario as to why he's in this feud). I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, that Kane will walk away with the WWE Championship after No Way Out -- I just can't see it happening.

Don't take this as me dismissing Kane's worth and loyalty to the WWE. He's given them many great years of service and will only continue to. Right now, actually, is a time where he can honestly come up really big for the WWE, with how thin the main event scene is. Just having Kane around will help, especially if they use him to put over midcarders (Ziggler, Kofi, Rhodes, etc.) into the main event. A veteran like Kane -- especially one in his position -- will always have a place in the WWE, but he definitely shouldn't be the WWE Champion. The WWE Championship is clearly above him, at this stage, and should be reserved for guys who the WWE truly believe can carry their brand.

So, it's not that Kane doesn't deserve a WWE Championship run -- he has put in a lot of great work -- it's just that he isn't in the position to have one.

Kane is in the point of his career where he shouldn't be putting over anyone. he has been re packaged as his original monster character and should just run through everyone. Yes he deserves a title run preferably the WWE title as he only held that for less than 24 hours. He doesnt have to be the focus of a feud. have him be a dominant champion (have him defeat Cena) for a couple of months and let the feuds be about who will be the one to take him down.

After that let him fade out and go out on his own terms.

Putting over Ziggler, Kofi, Rhodes? I like those three wrestlers, don't get me wrong. Kane has spent as long as I can remember putting over similar talent. Years. When he should had been mowing over people, he was losing to the likes of Rey Mysterio. Nothing wrong with Rey. Superstar. I get that. In an ideal world he should not be losing to guys I'm taller then. I'm 5'11 btw.

As for the question. Does he deserve another run with the WWE Championship? Yes. His only WWE Championship reign lasted less then 24 hours. I know his run with the World Heavyweight Championship was great until Edge did him in. With that said. The WWE Champion is viewed as the title. A longer reign with that would be cool in my book.

But the question becomes.... what next? After Punk. After Byran. Who else would there be for Kane to mow down? Guess Ziggler can get another shot to try and fail. Been there, done that. Um. Rhodes? Maybe. It isnt like Cody needs the title now. And would Kane be a face or heel with the title reign in terms of booking. Do you book him against heels only? Again faces only? I just think at this point in WWE's creative apex, I don't think a Kane title run right now for the WWE Championship would last particularly long or be that interesting if he runs through Bryan and Punk.

Deserve? Yes. Should it happen? Not unless you have a plan in place once Punk and Bryan are out the picture.

Hell yes Kane deserves to be WWE Champion. This is a guy who for all the years he's put into the company, he only has a 24 hour WWE Title reign to show for it. Sure, he got a 5 month World Title reign, but come on, the WWE Championship is the most prestigious title in professional wrestling. Kane deserves to have a real run with it.

With the shortage of old school guys, having Kane go for the World/WWE title would be a good thing. He seems to be a hard worker who does whatever WWE asks of him and then some. I'd like to see Kane get a final WWE title run since that was the original title he won[WWF title]. It's a shame that Kane hasn't won the title more times, considering he's one of the few attitude era guys still active on the roster.

The whole AJ thing would be an interesting twist although Kane has done similar storylines before. Just the non-verbals on TV have been hilarious. Though I would rather see a dominant title run than one based on a comedy routine with AJ. Perhaps have AJ go total heel and say she knew what she was doing and Kane instructed her to help him? Ah, ideas! I'm sure we'll never see anything close to that, but, one can hope....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back