Does anyone else think it would be better if

ronbot09

Dark Match Winner
They got rid of the whole seperated rosters? I see why they have done it but maybe just for a little while bring back an undisputed champion style belt and have all the stars going back and forth on the brands the feuds would be great or at least have the superstars bouncing back and forth between brands for feuds I don't know just me thinkin since I'm up lol well let me know what you think.:one_samuria:

I somewhat agree with you. I think they should have seperate rosters, get rid of the ECW brand or give it to someone who could bring back the gore of ecw(dreamer will need to retire oneday maybe it could be him) smack down and raw is left. go back to brand named ppv's. only have the undisputed champion, this would bring back the intergrity of the i.c championship back. and the undiputed tag team.this would also force some talent to create GREAT tag teams like money inc or LOD, hart foundation. make fueds personal not just for a title(orton has really made you forget that he wants the title in some of these fueds with cena and hhh, i forgot the belt was even an issue when it came to him and hhh) I have even thought about this, womans title defended whenever, us title whenever, tag titles only on televised events, ic belt only on ppvs, and world title only at the big ppvs(wrestlemania, summerslam, survivorseries, royal rumble even the bash and bring back the king of the ring ppv, all interbranded) or whenever the champ issues a challenge. of coarse this would then be time spent finding the right suitor for title defenses and get away from fluke champions, allow real #1 contenders to shine through and maybe bring back the day the champion calls out an opponent for a title defense cause he thinks the person deserves it or maybe just wants to know that he can beat him. fuck this whine cry and get a title shot bs. and only those that are partaking in title runs can flip flop brands. on s vs r 2008 you can only put an opponent for a title match that is in contendership, bring that to real life!

First up, my opinion on the thread. I like separated brands. I like the shows having different feels which they are. Raw, ton of promos, acts for the kids, and a good match or two somewhere in the middle. Smackdown, good solid wrestling, smaller wrestlers for faster paced matches, and very good promos done in moderation. And then ECW, a very young show where people can show their stuff. It's like AAA baseball. Not as popular but you get a sneak peak at the future. Keep the brands separate for now, I like it.

Now simplyry I disagree with a lot of your points, but mostly it's because they're too complicated and/or impractical.

1) Only defending the world title on the big PPV's. Way too few. We're talking about 4 defenses a year which is much too low. Part of being the champ means that you are guaranteed a spot on the next PPV and the belt can get exposure. We like seeing the belts defended regularly. Do you remember Shelton Benjamin's US title run last year? We know he had the belt and lost it, but he never did anything with it. Or the Colon's unified tag title run. It was a 4-5 month reign, defended once, and an epic fail. If the title's not defended regularly it becomes irrelevant.

2) Brand only PPVs are okay in moderation. Maybe in the spring after Backlash you could do a few brand only PPVs but that's it. In the late spring, early summer, WWE has no competition. There would be a perfect time to focus on the midcard. But if you do it in the fall, Raw would get absolutely crushed by Monday Night Football.

3) Undisputed Champ. I just don't like the idea at this time. If you took the WWE title off Raw, then everyone would shift down. The contenders for the WWE title on Raw would be in the US title picture while Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, and anyone else in the midcard would get absolutely buried.

4) Tag team titles. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't the tag team title unified already? Good idea though, but WWE has yet to do anything with it. Mostly because of underexposure.

5) We have different ideas on how to revalue the titles. People here use way overcomplicated methods for doing this. We don't need to complicate this. Here is my idea, longer title reigns and more successful defenses. Anyone remember Cena's reign that went on for 13 months? If he didn't drop it to injury and Orton just took it from him, how huge would that have made Orton? The title was so valuable because nobody could ever take it from Cena. Put in a current example, CM Punk. My plan for that would be have Punk and Jericho team up and defend the title up to Mania, yes that long, where someone else finally takes the team down. WWE, similar deal. Let's not have people drop the title all the time. It devalues the belt when it always shifts hands.

Look at the midcard titles now. These have taken a huge drop for a while. Back at Armageddon 2007 was where the IC title was at an all time peak (recently) when Jeff Hardy (IC champ), feuded with Randy Orton (WWE champ). Some say that Orton looked weak, but in my mind it made the IC title on the same level as the upper title. Do that more. At Summerslam, have either Kofi Kingston (US) face the WWE champ, or Rey Mysterio (assuming IC) face CM Punk (assuming WHC). It's a simple solution that brings a ton of credibilty back to the midcard.

Now for the Divas. Easy solution here. More actual full promos and solid, regular defenses. WWE has the resources to put on good diva feuds, they just don't use them.

I love the idea about making feuds personal. I remember back in 1999 Armageddon. HHH vs Vince was the headliner but it wasn't over the title. Summerslam last year Edge vs Taker got more exposure than Khali vs HHH. If memory serves, that match main evented. Heck even Cena vs Batista was Raw's main event and that had nothing to do with anything. HHH and Orton don't need the belt now and it should be used to elevate something else.

When the WWE first went to separated brands, it was great, then what happened is that Smackdown kept making stars that Raw would still and ruin them in cases like John Cena who can get booed or cheered depending on the night, WGTT was awesome on smackdown yet became either a guy who will never get a push or a guy that is on the verge of being released and my favorite Raw screw up, Carlito.

The draft to me is what has ruined the separated brands as the WWE hasn’t been making new stars but recycling old ones. I like three different brands because it give me more wrestlers to see each week than I would see if the WWE was whole again. I mean you would have this big main event, but for how long till guys who were considered main eventers to be push to mid card and midcard push to lowcard and lowcard gets kick out the door. So the Brand Extension is great.

Another thing is, the WWE has being doing this for years with House Shows as far back as the 80’s with Savage headlining a tour at the same time Hogan headlined a tour, but now we get to see it on TV which is great. I don’t see the brand extension ending soon as I think the WWE will give it a full ten years before any change happens. So I like. Plus the ratings wouldn’t jump or the product wouldn’t get better if the roster were combine as most of our favorites would just get lost in the shuffle.

If anything, I would like to see a fourth brand, maybe an all diva’s brand.

Well if you merge the rosters again then you bury several guys on the spot. Could CM Punk really be prominant if he was appearing alongside Cena, HHH, Orton, Batista and Shawn Michaels AS WELL as Undertaker, Edge, Jericho, Jeff and Rey Mysterio? I don't think so. I'd like him to, but I just don't think he would make it.

Jeff wouldn't be a main event player in a mixed-brand scenario and Rey would return to the ranks of a mid-carder (I know he sort of is now, but he still main events). Countless others would lose their spot.

I think the main draw of the seperate brands is it allows them to create more stars. They are trying to turn MVP, Miz, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, the Colons and Santino into stars on Raw but if they were thrown together with all the other stars in the making on the other 2 brands then only a handful would rise to the top and we'd see the end of guys who could potentially be big.

If they merged them they'd probably reinstate the tag and crusierweight divisions and I know that's something seemingly every fan calls for, but it would come at the expense of the development of the new generation. In the next 2 years they are going to lose a lot of big names and they're busting their asses to find a new huge draw. Merge the brands and I think you slow the development of new talent a crippling amount.

I think that the WWe has alot of work to do to get things back on track! Right now the time sucks i dont know about anyone else but as good as they have been im kind of tired of seeing Triple H versus Randy Orton. WWe in general is hurting due to the fact of big name superstars that are out or injured.
I agree with the idea of the undisputed world title but like others said now is not the time for that. They have really thrown too many big name players in to the title mix as it is. It used to be simple at the ppv events the champion would wrestle someone different darn near every time. Now we have to watch Jeff Hardy Vs Cm punk 2 technically 3 ppvs in a row, and why? Now HHH Orton three in a row as well, a little added twist with cena thrown in but still you get the picture. I think the return of Shawn Michaels and the undertaker is going to be big, hopefully they do something good with it. I'd love to see the veterans have one more good title run.

Having everyone on all of the shows would open it up to so many new angles, storylines and feuds. Also, ECW would benefit because right now TNA is beating it in ratings and I could see some drastic changes to that show to make it more watchable than TNA.

I'd love to see many of the Smackdown guys getting in there with Raw guys. Maybe some cool match ups would be:

Legacy vs. Hart Dynasty
Ziggler vs. Kendrick
Ezekel Jackson vs. Mark Henry
Cena vs. CM Punk
Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
Swagger vs. Kozlov
Kozlov vs. Mark Henry
Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. Great Khali vs. Big Show
HHH vs. Jericho

To name a few.

IMO i personally belive the WWE is fine atm with the brand seperation and here is why.

1. It's all about the moneyyyyy. think about it. everyone complains about the ratings and say ooww the ratings arnt like what they used to be. put Raws 3.6 average together with smackdowns 2.1 and ECW 1.1 and superstars 0.9 and you have 7.4 or sumthing (im a bit drunk so yeh add that up your self). This all beates the ratings that wwf got back in the attitude era with their 5.8 and there 6.0 ratings. These 4 shows which show differnt veritys of superstars and more of a chance to break through in the business.

thats pretty much the only point i have. put seriously for us die hard wrestling fans out there. be greatful we have 4 shows with up to 6 hours of wrestling action per week compared to 2 hours of taped wrestling that we used to get. IWC RULE :D

No it would be a bad move, because a lot of wrestlers would be jobless due to their being no room for them, seeing as there are already a ton of people who dont get face time.

The main event would be overfilled with Egos (mainly Triple H's) and you would never see someone the likes of CM Punk, Hardy, the Miz, Ziggler, Ryder or Morrison in the main event, because they would get lost in the shuffle dealing with Triple H, Taker, HBK, Edge, Orton, Batista, Big Show, and Cena.

Keep the brands split so you have shows you build your younger guys up, and a show for your seasoned vets. If you havent noticed all of the smaller guys are on Smackdown, majority of the new guys are on ECW, and Raw is full of established and older wrestlers. And it needs to stay that way until they fix all the other problems they have. The lack of tag teams, the main event picture on Raw, the US and IC title divisions, womens wrestling in general (excluding Maryse, shes perfect)

I can understand where my idea clashes with itself in regaurds to the undisputed title, let me clarify...the big four(or six if you add the others i mentioned in my earlier post) would be for the title defenses where #1 contenders get a chance at the titles they are rightfully in contendership for. The champ would still be main eventing, however, he wont have to defend the belt against the same person every time. he would be able to hand pick his opponents and defend when he pleases and the fact that beef would be made personal he would do nothing more than to put up the belt at any venue.(diesel/backland) when was the last time the title changed hands over seas or off the air? I dont want it to seem that i am saying the champ doesnt get to defend his title but he would have more control and we wouldnt have to hear "i just talked to the boss and you have to defend against me at the next ppv" i dont like that personally
the tag titles are unified, as two belts still. when they make just one belt i will be convinced that its an undisputed title until then i think its the most underated belt in the company. look at tna. most all the tag teams that have held the belt can be world champs no ?'s asked. it is really used as a stepping stone like each title used to be.
I think the IC title should be the #1 contender for the world title always have, when the guy wants to cash in his #1 contender spot then he has to lose the belt for his shot. then a tourny for the ic belt and new champ.
I do agree that longer reigns means more prestige, that is part why i was talkin bout certain settings for defenses, but i tend to remember the fued behind the battles more rather than the time as champ.
I understand why it would be difficult to get some of my ideas over, but again they are just ideas, i can come up with adifferent one in a heartbeat.
I dont think some new guy(koslov) should be allowed to come in and just enter the company for the title. there is a pecking order in my eyes. Cena and Goldber for instance both held other title before claiming fame as world champs, and they held them proudly. I am tired of the fast pushes and lack of character development.

Fuckin hell there's one of these threads every 2 weeks.

Honestly it wouldn't work and it's not gonna happen. They need a belt on each show to have a reason for the guys being on that inparticular show. And there are too many guys to have just one show.

And why is this in the RAW section??

I personally think WWE needs to bring maybe a TV title to ECW to help out ECW. that way there's a title match every week on TV... I'd think the Hardcore Title with the 24/7 rule would be fun to watch as long as that have people like "God Father's ho" win the title it could give the new stars a lot of exposer... this would be for guys that aren't quite ready for the IC US and ECW title... yes I put the ECW title at the same level as the IC title cause recently... since CM punk won IC title... the IC hold has been more accomplished than the ECW champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back