• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you publicly acknowledge that you like WWE?

Its not that im ashamed or anything its just people are always quick to judge where im around. I can say i love Wrestling and i do, just to people i know i can trust. Not the overly complicated douche who points out flaws in every person he or she sees.

My dad for some reason HATES when i watch it. I dont understand what his problem is, he even says its not a sport. So i just go and ignore him because unless its football,basketball, or baseball my dad thinks it sucks. Funny, no?

Ive gone the entire school year with a WWE bag i found at WalGreens, no one seems to care or say anything so its all perfectly fine for me, I like it. If you dont, well i dont care about you:lol: .But yea i always rock my Randy Orton "Apex Predator/RKO" at school and no one ever notices anyway

If someone sees me watching it, or hears me talking about the product and asks me about it, then yeah, I'll acknowledge it. But I don't go out of my way to say I watch it. I just don't really want to muster the effort to defend it, it's not worth my time to argue with ignorant people want to make fun of something they don't know about.

Come on now. Even if you know plenty about it, wrestling really does invite mocking.

A few people know I watch it, and I get a bit of mickey taking for it, but I dont think many people care.

I dont talk about todays wrestling, but regularly plenty of non-fans talk about the Attitude Era or wrestling when we were growing up, that they remember.

I think alot of people say that dont watch when they really do, as when they stay at my flat after nights out, they often suggest we stick on a wrestling DVD when we get in, to chill out

I'm fully happy admitting I'm a wrestling fan to people. Infact, when I'm pissed in a club me and my friend Ben randomly start yelling "AWESOME!!!" all over the place. I was also happy to admit to my tutor and fellow class mates that the reason I was tired on Monday the 4th of April was because I was up till 4 in the morning watching WrestleMania, and bared no bones about how important that event was to me.

I am 32 years old right now. I’ve been a fan since I was 10, since 1989. I’ve been known as a fan since Hulk Hogan defeated my first ever favorite Heel, The Macho Man, Randy Savage at WrestleMania V. I was never one to care much about other people’s opinions about my interests. I have a wall in my house that has 5 shelves. On each shelf, there are 5 $10 - $15 Championship Belts on display. I have a $#!+ load of Wrestling shirts, caps, and figures in my Toy room. I have a 3 year old who is a fan of Hulk Hogan, John Cena and Rey Mysterio. So to answer your question, no, I am not ashamed of my entertainment of choice. Not many others can say they have been watching the same program for over 20 years.

Another funny story, at my Bachelor party, I was wearing my N. W. O. Title and one of my Best Men was wearing the Million Dollar Title. We refer to one of my friends as Ric Flair, cause he’s the oldest in our group of friends. I just associate Wrestling with everyday life. Whenever my son hears or sees the number 4, he automatically goes “WOOOO!!”. Me and my friends even say “WOOOO!!” as a greeting instead of “Hi.” or “What up??”

Don’t be ashamed or embarrassed.

Love it or hate it, it’s the best thing going today, and it’s just too sweet, and if they are not down with that, we got two words for them…

I remember when I was like, seven, in my class nobody asides myself watched professional wrestling. By the end of that year, I had every guy in the class watching it.

Only two of them are still wrestling fans, and they won't acknowledge it to others, I have no real issue doing it. If something cool is happening I'll tell them so they can watch, if someone is making an impact I'll tell them too. When Nexus debuted, I got about four friends back into wrestling until SummerSlam. When The Rock returned I posted the video on my Facebook page and got like 11 likes, from people I didn't even know watched wrestling. Recently I told one of my friends about this Zack Ryder blow-up, and he watches Long Island Iced Z! or whatever it is called.

And for the odd friend I have that said, "wrestlings gotten all boring and fake," I got a couple into ROH, and they love it. As for t-shirts I have a Kurt Angle one from TNA, and I have a glass shattering Christian one, which is actually a pretty cool design. One thing I do though, is peal off the authentic WWE label. It makes the shirt look like shit.

Sometimes. But I would never, ever admit that I like it to the extent that I do. It isn't worth the hassle. Plus, being a fan of oiled up men pretending to hit eachother isn't particularly attractive to members of the opposite sex.

I think a better question would be "Do you tell people you are a member of a wrestling forum and post regularly?"

Only my girl knows I post here and even she makes fun of me lol.

Yes it is known I'm a wrestling fan. Now is it known that I post in a wrestling forum? No, just like I don't know what forums my friends are a part of. Forums have never been a big deal to me or my friends. I've only just recently joined here yet I've visited this site for years.

Well, whenever iv been asked if i watch WWE, i say i do watch it, when i tell them i watch it i dont feel ashamed but i do feel a little embarrsed. Its probably because its not "cool" watching it anymore. Back in the 1990's-2000, it was cool too watch it, everyone i knew watched it. from family members to friends to people in my class but know since its a PG product and its completley different from what it was all those years ago, a lot of people i konw dont watch it anymore.

But hey, i still like the WWE, im a life long fan so ama watch it regardless if its shite or not !

I absolutely do, wrestling has and always will be an interest of mine whether it be WWE (or WWF as I used to watch it most), Impact Wrestling and an occasional ROH show as well as some Puroresu. I look at it this way, if people scoff at my watching professional wrestling, I ask what their favorite movies, television shows and other forms of entertainment are.

The barrage of responses I get to that make me laugh quite often, because for one thing movies and televisions incorporate plot devices and tropes just like professional wrestling does. But yet for some reasons those who are detractors of wrestling fail to see the double standard they employ when they acknowledge that the enjoy fiction in others like TV and movies as I just mentioned. People like this I tend to usually find a compromise with and more often than not I can agree to disagree with.

However, in the last 10-15 years (actually going back closer to 20 if you count MTV's The Real World) I've had to deal with people who have a mindset that they hate wrestling because it's "fake" or it's a "male soap opera" but these are the same people who are glued to their TV sets for American Idol, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Extreme Makeover or any other reality television concept that you can think of. The so called "reality" TV crowd can't get enough of their fix with the goings on of their favorite reality TV stars but they have the nerve to criticize professional wrestling.

Those types I just laugh at and tell to take a flying fuck on a rolling donut. Bottom line even in its current form (which to me I have not been as fond of) I have no problems acknowledging that I like WWE or any other form of professional wrestling. It's a great artform and I respect all performers in this athletic endeavor even the ones whose characters I care not for like Rey Mysterio or John Cena.

I proudly admit my fandom now and forever.

No, because the average person doesn't understand the appeal of pro wrestling. Most people just see it as "fake fighting", and can't get past that. So I'm not really trying to sit there and explain what pro wrestling is really about and why I watch it.

Yep. And no one cares. I've even made some friends who watch wrestling with me.

im not embarrased to say i like wwe, in fact, at school theres lots of people who talk about the wwe, heck, i was in a tim hortons once and 2 50 year old men were having a conversation about the miz, triple hhh and the undertaker. as for me, if i found a shirt that was really awesome like ortons, or undertakers, or triple hhh's i would wear it at school, never really cared about what people think about the way i dress, i wear what i like, cause really, whos to judge what a person wears? other then the teachers....

Being so open with my love of wrestling has almost become like a gimmick to me.

As it has already been said, people waste their time watching utter shite like soap operas and reality TV so I could'nt give a fuck if the same sort of people are taking the piss out of me for watching wrestling, which unlike those programmes actually requires a lot of athletism and skill. As for people saying "Wrestling is fake lulz" I can't be arsed to educate ******s like those anymore.

Most of my friends know I watch and have a passion for wrestling. I'm not ashamed of it at all anymore. When I was in high school or junior high maybe I was a little bit. I'm 20 now and don't give a shit who knows. My friends were all once really into wrestling and some of them watch from time to time. As for getting shit for it, I don't. When I invite people over and they see my collection of WWE figures, DVDs, and books, they respect that I'm not ashamed to admit I'm into it. Most of them think it's cool and don't leave my figures alone. But uhhh... I am not so sure I'd wear a wrestling shirt outside. Most of them atleast. I wear an Edge's "Sex and Violence" shirt around the house. One I would wear the shit out of outside would have to be Daniel Bryan's Submission Wrestling one, it's bad ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back