• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do You Like Triple H Better Now That He's In A Limited Role?

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
It seems like it has been a while since Triple H has been a full-time WWE superstar. When I used to post here on WZ several years ago, I noticed that a lot of posters on here disliked HHH for a plethora of reasons. Namely for him using his connections to get to the top, the fact that he was often champion, and the fact that he "buried" a lot of other guys. But, I'm not here to debate those points, I just wanted to make the point that there was a good deal of dislike for him back then.

Since I've been back posting here lately, I don't see as much hate for Triple H. In fact, it seems a lot of it has been replaced with respect and admiration. Now, I'm sure there's still detractors here, just like there are some fans (like me). But I'm wondering- do people generally like Triple H more now that he's in a limited role and not "shoved down our throats" as a lot of people used to put it?

Now, I'm biased and I really like him, so I wish he was still a full-time wrestler, but that's not the case right now. My feeling though is that more people like him more now in his limited role, or are at least much more tolerable of him than a few years ago.

Has your opinion on him changed now that's stepped out of the limelight a bit? Now that he's in a limited role, do you think people are beginning to respect him more and tone down the hate a bit? What do you guys think?

I liked him better as a full time wrestler and I believe the business misses him. He does however garner a lot of unwarranted hatred from members of the IWC. Claims of Triple H reaching the top via the bosses daughter have followed him since his first title reign but those claims are absurd. Triple H is a prototypical Vince guy. He's got the size, the look and the in-ring ability to back up his main event credentials. Triple H still gets huge reactions where ever he goes. While he's fine in his current role, i really enjoyed watching his career as a comeptitor unfold.

Triple H could appear every Raw until the end of the year and I don't believe many would necessarily have a problem with him. The problem with Triple H stemmed from him always around the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship spotlight and not giving many others their deserving chance; that really isn't the case anymore. He's quietly stepped away from in ring action to focus on things backstage and I'm sure most prefer him that way. Me, I'm a huge Triple H mark so I couldn't give a rat’s ass if he's winning the WWE Championship and keeping it the rest of his life. But it's completely understood that people like seeing a variety of superstars. Here's where I disagree with most - Triple H still has it. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't step back in the ring full time if he ever wanted to. I'm sure half the roster would love to have a singles match against Triple H; after all, a match with Triple H is a good day at the office.

If HHH is going to be a boss, he needs to hang it up and focus his energies on that. He had a career most wrestlers only dream of having, but it's time for him to move aside.

If HHH is going to be a boss, he needs to hang it up and focus his energies on that. He had a career most wrestlers only dream of having, but it's time for him to move aside.

Care to explain why he needs to step aside? He's arguably still as good as he was five years ago, so why does it matter if he steps aside or not? Do you realize what a feud with Triple could do to your career if you can keep up with him? He's still one of the WWE's single best storytellers. He's still one of the WWE's single best talkers. He's still one of the WWE's single best wrestlers. Why not utilize that? Even if he remains the boss type of guy, why can't he remain active to enforce his rules (I guess you could say)? If you ask me, the WWE needs more of the Triple H types.

HHH is over, always will be. Ive never gone much for the guys who seem to show up in time for a 6 and 7 figure payday while guys who work their ass off all year get bumped off the card. In saying that, HHH can certainly serve a purpose, and that is to elevate talent. Imagine ziggler or Rhodes or Miz getting a clean pin Mania win over HHH???? Elevation is automatic. Losign for a third time to Taker, when it is expected does not hurt HHH, and he should not be worried about politics anymore. His best days are behind him, but he can still out perform the majority of the roster. Used properly, HHH can be a very influential and better guy to have on the roster. I do not care to see him win anymore World Title,sunless he does return full time. Otherwiose, he should be smart enough to know the value in himself putting over guys who are trying to break through the glass ceiling.

I prefer him outside the ring, there are more up and coming guys that they need to focus on. Thing is Triple H in a COO or whatever name he has backstage is for me unfortunately always going to favour his friends/favourites more than some other guys that are more deserving, that bothers me a lot. And not good for business. I hope i'm wrong on that though.

Triple H as an active fulltime Wrestler had done it all, what else could he do?
I thought taken the year off (or near enough) was absolute magic, most neck injures take along time to heal so HHH taking the year off truly sold the storyline to me.

It didn't help Nash targeted the neck and HHH returned within 6-7 weeks, but I enjoyed HHH's COO role, I liked how under his leadership certain guys got pushes, Air Boom for example I liked the fact WWE went down the path of HHH was changing things.

Personally I'd rather see HHH take time off and wrestle a limited number of times per year, maybe do The Rock type deal have him wrestle at the big PPV's, HHH rightfully so should be taken a more Undertaker type role with matches happening on PPV and making sporadic TV appearances, plus he's always there for some young gun to feud with now and again to get someone over, make the most of him now and have wrestle the big shows only, he doesn’t need to wrestle every week.

That said though I would love for Triple H to wrestle in the next installment of the King of the ring (hopefully on ppv) and have someone eliminate him from the tournament (who can then go on and win it) and feud with HHH into a big PPV like Summer Slam basically just different ways for him to feud with people rather than the same old stuff.

I don't mind Trips, he has been shoved down our throats for nearly a decade.

He's one of the best talkers left in the business, and still has IT
He can till work a match, he's one of the best ring psychologists, and tells a story in the ring like hardly anyone can anymore.

I think his limited role is an upgrade, he's not hurting himself, and I'm guessing he probably is 1 botch away from being done as a competitor.

I like HHH better when he was an active wrestler. Triple H has been my favorite wrestler since DX first got together way back when and has stayed a favorite of mine. Even when everyone was hating on him, I was still cheering him. Whether he's face or heel. But to me, he doesn't quite fit the boss type role. It just feels weird to me. He's still great though. I'll continue to cheer for him every time he's on my TV. so the day that he actually hangs it up and we don't see him anymore, I'll be pretty sad. Which I guess you could say, he kind of hung it up since last WM, since we haven't seen much of him at all. :(

Yeah I really love how he came in and had Punk job to him in a useless angle. There was no need for that shit, it was beyond stupid. Punk was riding high on the anti-authority kick, Trips was the guy in charge and they go into a match where if Punk beat HHH, he'd give up his position. So Punk jobs to him and loses only to have HHH be removed anyway the next week or two. Same old same old.

He does however garner a lot of unwarranted hatred from members of the IWC.

And I believe it is unwarranted. It would be a much bigger problem if the guy hadn't put in the body of work he has through the years. Yes, he was the champion a lot of the time, but his ring work and presence demanded he should be; it's not as if he was non-believable in the role of champion. Too many folks think the only reason he wore the title so much was because of his favored status in the company, and if that's what they insist of believing, there's no way to change their minds (nor is there a reason to try).

His actions during the past few years are a better indication of his dedication to the business rather than to himself. Except for a transitional reign (a title win and loss in the same night!), when was he last champion? I can't even remember.

Frankly, I'm less enamored of his current practice of stepping into the ring only once in a while in order to bring someone to justice (Nash, Punk). I think Trips could go full-time active and still be a dynamic presence in the ring, just as we saw during his recent matches. But if he's decided his time is better spent in the front office, it's probably best for the company as a whole, rather than for Triple H in the short run. It's still better to see him perform once in a while, rather than not at all.

As far as I'm concerned, if the man really was set only on pushing himself at the expense of the full-time wrestlers, he would have had himself end Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak last year.

But he didn't, did he?

I hate his part-time appearances as a higher authority... He doesn't look like the type of guy to sit in an office and neither should he be portrayed that way. Either stick him back on the main roster as a superstar or make him an on-air GM or something... But not the sharp suit type of GM. I'm talking, cool 'HHH T-shirt and Jeans' type of GM.

Triple H would be a great guy to have matches against young, popular up-and-comers here and there and put them over effectively. I'm not confident he'd be comfortable with that though.

Personally I like him in the COO position and I hope it stays like that for a while although I can see him losing it due to the Taker match at Mania. I thought he was an amazing in ring performer, one of the best if you ask me, some of the most brutal and memorable matches of the attitude era included Trips, he was thee top heel for many many years and yeah i can see some of the IWC opinion that he was pushed down our throats and kept at the top for so long but it's not like he was rubbish at it.

These people who say with his power backstage he will have his favourites and they'll be pushed blah blah, you think Vince doesn't have his favourites? There are many guys who have been pushed to the hilt and they just weren't ready or it just didn't work.

All i'm saying is yeah he's the bosses son in law and in a position of power but the guy has earned his spot and you whiners should cut him some slack.

Honesty, his Wrestler-->COO change does't change a thing for me. By the day of the week no matter how much politics he pulls, how many apperances he does he'll still be the same man. The man being Paul Levesque AKA Triple H.

I respect as a superstar rather as COO. He did more for the public wrestling & putting his body on the line thus having more respect. Plus he'd have more relevancy in popularity. As COO however I feel he can have more time laid back, sitting behind hs desk & stay behind the scenes more. That would make some folk lose interest in HHH already as he'll be in public presence to an lower extent.

As his time in COO increases, I just have to think of him as a man moreso concerned about politics (Including Crooked ones) then In-Ring business.

I loved when HHH was a full time competitor, but I also love his current role. Where his in ring career is nearing an end (or so it seems), I honestly don't mind him occasionally getting in the ring to help elevate someone if it is needed

I have yet to see him willing to put over anyone who wasn't in his circle. He knows what he did to punk over the summer, and that's what makes it tragic. When he gets over his itch to steal the spotlight when something good and original comes along, I'll be happy with the Three H's.

HHH and Stone Cold once did commentary for one of Howard Stern's wacko boxing events. I was amazed at how funny, witty and poignant HHH could be. It wasn't that Stone Cold was bad at the job but HHH kept up masterfully with Stern and came off as being far "cooler" than Stone Cold. He came off as one of the guys you'd want to hang out with within your circle of friends, shoot the shit, bust balls and talk about old times.

I think he is putting a lot of that personality to work now as COO and it is working for him. Over the years people had many complaints about HHH:

- riding HBK's coattails
- backstage politics
- that he would actually date Chyna
- dumping Chyna for Stef
- not much offense in the ring
- using his relationship with Stef for his own gain
- keeping better guys down

I bought in to a lot of this years ago and it probably jaded my perception and ability to realize what a great talent he really is. Other than a lack of offense (where have would heard that before) you can't blame the guy for looking out for himself and what he felt was best for the business. I guess I like him better now, but I probably was wrong to dislike him in the past. Hopefully he has one more good run in him. If not I hope he doesn't treat this part-time role as too part-time.

hhh in a limited role is actually better...every now and again he can switch back to his wrestling role...what i wouldve preferred is having him and punk never like each other...to built more heat so eventually they would clash again...but now there buddies so i think they messed that one up just to keep game face.

No, because they are still putting him in all the major storylines. He got injected right in the middle of Cena/Punk (no need for HHH). The entire Triple H/Punk angle was stupid. Within weeks they went from hating each other to teaming up together. What a waste of time!

Taker WM streak is the best and most over current storyline in the WWE. So lets put Triple H in it for the third time. :banghead:

I prefer him to be a full-time wrestler or a gm. Instead of being a guy that shows up occasionally, gets thrown into the best storylines they have going and then leaves.

No because I feel WWE probably has least amount of star power it has had since Yokozuna and Lex Luger were the main event. But I can see why, there is SO much fresh young talent that either needs to stepp into the main event(Ziggler, Rhodes, & Sheamus), some that have all the tools just booked terribly(Del Rio, Swagger, Barrett and Ryder) and a ton of talent that is not exposed well enough(McIntyre, Kidd, Yoshi, Alex Riley, etc.). So while im a hige HHH mark and I think they could use his star power in more main events, I can see why he is only a casual appearence guy now.

Triple H taking a backseat role is good in my opinion. Although he is still a key feature the way they are using him right now is good, I'd rather give guys like Ziggler, Ryder and other young guys the spotlight than have Hunter sitting around Flairing it up.

Triple H is in new role now cos his carrer is behind him,he is win all tittles in WWE and he know the wrestling professionalism by heart.
in the future i see him to create an new organization in wrestling and he will the boss

Though Triple H has been in a limited role, he has still managed to concentrate plenty of attention on himself. It can be safely argued that Triple H effectively stopped CM Punk's momentum over the summer and made his Raw GM drama the focal point of the show. And his beating Punk, who was white hot, in a match was complete BS.

No matter how much or how little air time he gets, when Triple H goes on an ego trip, the impact is felt all over the WWE product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back