Do you have a collection of any kind?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Let's try to shy away of a wrestling collection. I have a wrestling collection and I know many of you do but lets not talk about that as this is a non-wrestling, non-spam section. So besides wrestling do you have any collections of any sorts? Is your collection worth any money?

When I was younger, I used to collect baseball card. I have never really counted them because that would take all day but I guess I have a lot you might say. I am not sure what my best card is. I doubt they are worth to much because I never spent a lot of money on them. I might have a couple worth some money but overall, unless I sold it on ebay as a whole I don't think I have very many cards that are worth to much. I like to go through them every now and again and remember the fun I had collecting them when I was younger.

I guess the only other collection I have is wrestling so I am not going to go into all of that.

Yep, I have a hat collection. Or more accurately, a Funny Hat collection. It all started while I was living in Italy and wanted a souvenir from Pisa. There were these street vendors all selling these cool white hats, and I decided to buy one. This is similar to what it looks like:

white-hat.jpg

Except it's made of straw and a little misshapen from getting squashed while we were moving.

As time went on I bought a hat from every city I visited. I have a purple bowler hat from Florence, a boater from Venice, a really cool checkered baseball cap from Croatia, a top hat from Milan, a gold cap from Positano, and more. It even continued when I moved here, except now I usually get hats for Christmas or my birthday as a little gag gift. I have them all displayed on my bedroom wall and it grows from time to time. I just like having a collection of funny hats, because you never know when they might come in handy.

I have a collection of two things: Hats and jerseys.

When it comes to hats, my collection is quite eclectic. I probably have about 50+ hats in my collection, ranging from about 10 different Steeler, Penguin, and Pirate hats apiece. I dont touch or wear those, because some of them are quite old, and are price listed as being decently valuable. Some of them are signed as well, so I don't touch them, let alone wear them. I also hve about 20 hats that don't fit into that category, and those are the ones that I wear.

I also collect signed sports team jerseys from Pittsburgh as well. This started back in the late 1980s/early 1990's when Barry Bonds and Mario Lemiuex were big household names here in Pittsburgh. It's turned into a big thing now, where I have 3 jerseys of the same player, just in home, road, and throwback version, such as Sidney Crosby and even Ben Roethlisberger. None of these get worn either because most of them are signed and framed somehwere in my house as well.

I suppose both of them are worth something, especially the old Bond's baseball jerseys, and the older Lemiuex and Jaromir Jagr hockey jerseys. I haven't bothered to check or to price them though with anyone, because I have no intention of doing anything with them other then keeping them as memorabilia.

I have over 7500 football cards. It is my mistress, I'm leaving all I got when I die to the cards lol. And I get one new sports jersey every 2 weeks, since I was 15. I have about 2000 now. And both are growing and I won't be stopping anytime soon.

Yep, cars. Not realy cars but Cars the size of hotwheels...but not hot wheels. They're called 1:64 Model cars. To give to a rough estimate, these cars are around the 5.5 cm. mark. I have about 400 of these cars all individually wrapped in a box tucked away in my closet. While some are 99 cent cars others are more valuable. I've bought a few off of ebay for 3 bucks and others for 10. My most expensive is Dodge Charger that cost me around 40 bucks. It looks somewhat like this...
CL11228-6-7BK.jpg

Usually, you have to be a real die hard collecter of these cars in order to get the expensive, older ones. A lot of the other car collecters don't care for the 1:64 models because there isn't much detail as you would get with 1:23 or 1:43 models. It's a great hobbie of mine that my dad got me into when I was about 13 or so. You may not be able to afford the car of your dreams but at least you can buy a scale model car like I do.

I love collecting anything Skulls or Skeletons. I just think they are so cool and amazing to look at. Whether cartoony and cute, to graphic and detailed. I have anything from cups, to bags, to shirts of anykind. I even am designing a sleeve with different animal skulls in a cartoon way. I just have liked the skulls/skeletons since I was in middle school and we learned about Day of the Dead and saw many of the sugar skulls and how artfully they were crafted. I remember making one for our lesson, then when the teacher said we could eat it, I didn't, I took it home and it sat and sat until eventually it had to be thrown out due to the risk of bugs. LOL. But I just think that anything involving skulls or skeletons are just amazing to look at. I try to find any odds and ends wherever I can. I think one of my most prized possession is a pink/black overnight bag with skulls on it that I got for my birthday a few years ago from my little nefew and niece.

This one may sound weird, but I used to have a collection of chicks. Yeah, the fuzzy, cute animals. The real ones. Thing is back in my old house me and my grampa raised a lot of fowl. I would go to the nearby pet shop and buy different "species" of chicks. We had a good variety. Fighter's, pygmy's, and my favorite, the turken:

turkens-3.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, they are full blown chickens. But have naked necks. Most people assume it's a cross of a turkey and a chicken. But they aren't. Just regular chicks.

My most prized one yet was a fighter chicken I named Tommy. Becaues just like the Power Ranger (work with me, I was 6) that damn chick grew up to kick ass sorts of ass, even pecking our dog until he ran off yelping.

Gotta say, making this post, I really miss my farm chicks.

I have a HUGE collection of power rangers merchandise. Yeah I said it, big woof wanna fight about it?! Meet me in the steel cage and we'll settle it!

But no seriously, growing up I was a kid who happened to be 2 when Power Rangers came on, so obviously it became a brainwash for me and I got swept into it. Since I was about 5, I started to go to toy stores and buy almost every megazord formation they had, and then when I got to be about 13 the collecting habits grew to be about everything. Right now, I have an entire room filled with complete MMPR Seasons 1 & 2, Turbo, In Space, Time Force, and Ninja Storm merchandise, including some actual props used from the filmings. I've got almost a double set for Turbo, just need to get the last Turbo Morpher (missing green) and you can tell because of the key color...

Anyway, getting too far into it now, but yeah I'm never really shy to admit that I'm still a big fan of power rangers. To me, they're like my Spiderman or my Transformers (though I love them too)... I just have a natural bond to what I grew up watching.

I have a tendency to slowly to collect a lot a differant things, most of the time the collections don't start as a conscious thing, I just buy something and next thing you know I end getting a bunch of something a boom the collection is born, I used to collect Ninja Turtle shit when I was a kid, then it moved to baseball and football cards for a short while, then it shifted to comics, then wrestling DVDs, then just DVDs in general, I've also ended up with a small collection of bobble heads, Kevin Smith merch, and models of Dodge Vipers, this was something my mom decided to make a Christmas and birthday tradition for like 8 years, now it looks like I'm going back to comics, though more graphic novels this time, as opposed to individual issues

the only collection I really have is of hats as well. I only have five at the moment, but I do camps where we take kids on holidays and I keep every hat I'm given. it's a great keepsake to read all the funny messages people left on them when I'm feeling down.

I guess the only other collection I have is of receipts. I keep every receipt no matter how trivial it is. I can't help it, I dump it in my wallet when I buy stuff then but it in a shoebox for safe keeping.

I have so much Simpsons merchandise it is unreal, one room in my house is full of it. I got toys, games, cards, clothes, posters, and so on. When ever someone gives me a gift, it is most likely Simpson related. A lot of my stuff remains unopened, unless I have a duplicate. I also am not a stranger to giving the employees at either 7-11 or Burger King a few dollars to turn their heads while I take some promotional merchandise. I got some nice bathroom signs and a homer doughnut poster that way. I don't know if my collection is worth anything, but I would not sell it for the world.

I collect UFC DVDS.

I have from UFC 1 - UFC 75. I have been collecting them since 2008. I never was a card collector or a marble collector. This is the first thing I have put effort and money into completing. I will have up to 100 in by June.

I used to collect loads of different things

Football stickers, beer mats things like that.

My biggest collection, which I do not add to any more, but must have cost me thousands over the years, are Corinthian models of professional football players. They cost £2- £3 each and I have about 500 at least. I have quite a lot still in their boxes and a few have been signed by the players, including Michael Owen, Ryan Giggs, Ian Rush and Alan Shearer. Some are worth £40-50 now

The Michael Owen one in particular was in an all-white england kit and was only ever available for 3 days, and I got one and then got it signed.

liverpool-michael-owen-pro050-corinthian-prostars-platinum-edition-figure-11562-p.jpg

I actually have that one of Owen that is pictured above as well, but that isnt the valuable one.

I collect a lot of things - my book and DVD collections are both fast approaching the 500 mark. If you were to find me on LibraryThing, you would be able to see the former in all of its glory. I also have a significant amount of Star Wars and Thunderbirds collectibles, figures, books, posters, models, even some stamps.

I may have maps, books and even a few coins that can be dated to the third and fourth centuries, but in my collection of things linked to the Roman Empire it is this that holds pride of place...

TS-TRGLDB_540.jpg

It almost certainly is not and will never be worth that much money but I just love it nonetheless. I even used it in a lecture that I gave last week and it was the star. Now if only I can get a proper Roman scutum shield that isn't going to cost the earth...
Most of what I own has no real value to it apart from the sentimental. However, some of my books may well have maintained their original value due to low numbers of prints and there are a couple of things that may have increased in value since I got them.

First off is one of my books on the Roman Empire. It is called Foreign Clientelae 264-70BC, a book that was just given to me by the former headmaster of my school, who was overjoyed that I was pursuing a PhD in Ancient History. I have seen this advertised second hand at anything from £30 to $250 and that price may be about to increase as the author, a fine historian of Roman Imperialism by the name of Ernst Badian, died just this month at the age of 85. I will not be selling though as I like to keep my collections in tact.

The only other thing that may be worth some money is this

dinkloosemsv.JPG
You may be wondering what it is. Go read this thread this thread and you find out. Sure, you might lose some respect for Phoenix and myself but hey, I would guess that Phoenix will not care and I know I don't...

Depending on condition I have seen these for anything between £40 to $160 and while mine may not be in the best of shapes, it could still make the lower end of that estimate, though again NOT FOR SALE. Actually, come to think about it, I have a collection of minature cars stored away somewhere... I wonder if any of those are worth anything...

I collect obscure t-shirts relating to bands, comics etc. Things that only peopple have read/seen/heard would actually understand.

For example last week i got a Green Lantern: Agent Orange t-shirt. It's basically the front cover to the story arc, with Hal Jordan emersed in orange flames, holding the orange power battery as if his life depended on it, with a crazed look on his face, with the word 'MINE' surrounding him written in orange and green. It doesn't even say Green Lantern on it, so if you haven't seen the cover to the book, you'd never know it was a GL t-shirt.

I also bought a Red Lantern hoodie. Fed up of having black band hoodies i decided i wanted a red one, and on the front is the symbol for the Red Lantern Corps and nothing else. Again, if you haven't read GL, you won't have a clue what it's referring to.

I used to buy tour t-shirts for every gig i went to, but lately most band t-shirts are pretty lame, featuring just a picture of the band or some ******ed Union Jack motif.

Then i got a Lamb of God one that shows the Grim Reaper towering over a city holding a burning English flag, while the American flag is laid out on the floor with a tombstone at one end. Now it does say 'Lamb of God' on it, but people have come up to me saying 'what exactly is that t-shirt all about? What does it mean?' and i just say 'Fucked if i know.' and then later i got one of the Randy Orton Gas Mask Hoodie t-shirts and loads of people complimented that one, unaware that it was a wrestling t-shirt (despite the massive god awful 'OFFICIAL WWE WEAR' label at the bottom), and then i bought the HHH one with the skeleton wearing the crown and the latin writing on it, which also turns a few heads, and that's where it all started really.

My favourite t-shirt of all has to be my Judge Death t-shirt, mainly because it's a double edged reference. Firstly, of course, it's Judge Death from Judge Dredd, and most non-comic readers would barely recognise Dredd, let alone members of his rogues galelry. But the picture is a close up of Death taking a photo with an old school camera, just like the cover to Alan Moore's classic Joker origin story, 'The Killing Joke.' I've yet to meet ANYONE who got both references without me telling them.

I have all 50 state quarters. Lame I know lol. I have a Hat collection, a beanie baby collection (my grandma buys them for me, how you gonna yell at grandma to stop?) and if anyone has a problem with those I listed I have a huge gun and knife collection

I used to collect Psychopathic Records CDs and DVDs. At the max point I had 77 CDs and 14 DVDs. As luck would have it though, the rent was due and I wasn't really listening or watching it anymore so I sold the whole thing for 700 bucks.

Now, other than my wrestling DVD collection, I collect works of Matt Stone and Trey Parker. I have all 13 seasons of South Park on DVD, Orgazmo, Baseketball, South Park Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, and Team America. The only things I'm missing are the That's My Bush season and Cannibal The Musical. I don't count that Kenny vs Kenny bullshit or whatever it was called.

Autographed sports stuff. I have a Michael Jordan autographed jersey that is framed at my parent's house on the wall in my room. The Bulls were in town to play the Jazz, and I went early with my parents and a friend. I had on my Jazz jersey so I carried the Bulls jersey in my hand, I got him to sign it and just stared at it the rest of the game. It was a profound moment for me, especially since he was one of my heroes. I also have every single Jazz player's autograph since '97. Stockton, Malone, you name it, I have it. A few NFL and MLB autographs too.

I have a movie and TV DVD collection. Somewhere in the 400's at this point. The collection covers films, TV shows, MMA, and Wrestling. The bulk of the collection is easily my films. I just love DVD's, though I have slowed down on my buying of them. College is a bitch on my money but oh well.

I have a Simpsons collection and about 99% of it is unopened, including the movie. In fact I just added to it last week with my purchase of "Good & Evil Homer". I have no clue if anything's worth money but I don't really care.

I also collect hockey jerseys. I have about seven Edmonton Oilers jerseys(got support the home team), a Team Canada one, and eight other teams. I'm not stopping till I own all 30 teams.

I have collect T-shirts and ticket stubs from almost every concert I've been too. Three drawers in my dresser are full. I think it's time to retire most of them and hang them up on the wall or something cool.

Being from Canada it's hard to get the 50 quarters of the States but I've collected 22 of them and my favorite would have to be the Texas one just because I got it at the airport in Dallas/Fort Worth.

And I have a collection of hockey shit too but this is getting to much to type for now

I collect the "One Piece" manga series. I purchase each volume when it comes out. Also, I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards.

I've been reading/collecting Archie Comics for about 15 years now.

I've got boxes full of them and now they've gotten into graphc novels so I'm getting those now.

On Friday I got my order of 18 of them and so far they're great.

I plan on getting more stuff from them in the coming months.

I collect magic cards for those that don't know what I mean here's a pic of one of my favorites that I have.

Black_Suns_Zenith.jpg

I've been collecting them since High School when I started playing and have well over 1,000 cards some of them in the 7 different decks I use regularly.

I started collecting them so I would have something in common with the people I was hanging out with at them time. I got hooked and at 23 I still collect and play with the same group of friends I played with back then

This should come as something painfully obvious to those who follow my posts, but I have an extensive video game collection. The games span all of the following consoles: NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, GameCube, Wii, DS, and 360. I also have dozens of strategy guides, including a number of oldschool ones such as Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda. Even though my NES rarely works anymore, I will hold onto those forever. My original copies of FF1, Zelda 1, Mario Bros 1.... legendary games, that I still have the old cartridges and manuals for. It turned into an awesome collection over the years because I chose to hold onto these games and guides for sentimental reasons. They represent 20+ years, a lifetime, of memories.

Movies and movie mags - I've about 1500 films on VHS (both recorded, retail and ex-rentals) and DVD (also retail and ex-rental), I also haven't missed an issue of Empire or Total Film in 15 years. A secret for movie collectors - ex-rentals are actually better purchases than their brand new retail versions because they're made for lots of reviewing and to absorb some punishment. I also have 2 VHS recorder players, two DVD players, a DVD recorder/ player, 2 gamesoles with DVD playing ability and my trusty laptop to make sure I'll never be shy the ability to go for a spin with Jake & Elwood.

Comics - Marvel officiano over 3 decades now. I couldn't even guess how many I have nor their value. The vast majority are Marvel UK stuff (reprints of their US counterparts but usually 3 issues in one these days). In my early days the comics were bigger than their US cousins but they are the same cover size now. I have dabbled in other Comic Universes as well (I'm still waiting for a Marshall Law movie adapt), but have to hold my hands up at just never being able to get into the DC scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back