• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you enjoy WWE?

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
On the surface, it seems a stupid question. Of course we do, we're posting on a wrestling forum about the subject. However, lately what I've noticed is that a lot of fans seem to spend more time complaining about it than they do enjoying it. Don't believe me? How many times do you hear "Why is ___ champion?" "____ is being held back!" "___ is politicking his way to the top".

World Wrestling Entertainment. It's there to entertain us, nothing else. And I think people would enjoy it a lot more if they stopped finding people to hate/complain about. I've even heard of a couple of people who watch the product just to see how bad it is.

I'm a die-hard WWE fan and I have been all my life. Still, I love it. what's your stance on it?

I think with all of us its the same. Yes we all bitch and moan and complain. Yes we all find the tiniest things to dissect. Yes we all think we could book circles around everyone there. But on Monday nights, we are all watching Raw. How often do most of us watch TNA? I literally have forgotten its on the last two weeks, and really couldn't care less that I have. Same with ECW and SD. But on Mondays, its all about Raw. My day is spent killing time until 9pm. I love the show. This past week's show was the worst I've seen in years, but I'll be watching on Monday again, just like always. To me, Raw is like sex. Even if its the worst sex you've ever had, its still sex.

I have never disliked WWE, sure I've been pissed off at it, but only because my favorite wrestler lost, not because I wanted my 2 hours back. I watch all 3 shows as soon as I can, and I only bother with TNA if I am early for Match of the Day (Football Show on around the same time as TNA in the UK).

WWE is still amazing, I don't care about ratings, I care that I watched it and I liked it. Sure, if low ratings cause the product to be raised to another level, then those who enjoy it now are the real winners in the situation.

I've never been concerned with who slept/ass kissed their way to the top, what I see on screen is what I take to be truth, I don't necessarily like/dislike who most people do, but that's why I like it, I can make my own opinions on people, I don't see Khali as a bad wrestler for example, I don't really like the Chris Jericho/Y2J feud, and I think Cryme Tyme are funny, what I love about WWE is that there is always something for me to enjoy, even if I don't like 1h30m of the show, the 30 mins I do enjoy will be worth it.

One thing that annoys me about fans is those questions raised in the initial post, especially the "Why is soso being held back" - Why the hell don't people just keep on watching and see what else transpires before slagging a show because 1 or 2 wrestlers aren't where they want them to be.

RAW is actually my least favorite show of the 3, SD! is my favorite and ECW second, for the amount of entertainment in 1 hour of ECW I dont get double from RAW (Double Time should Equal Double Entertainment), mainly because I don't have any sort of support for the RAW wreslters - Except maybe Santino and CM Punk. I like ECW because Miz/Morrison are on there, who I am in love with. And Smackdown is host to pretty much every wrestler who I would consider among my favorites (Edge, Shelton, Carlito, MVP, Jeff, Taker).

I think some people are addicted to WWE in that it has become routine for so many years, just like going out on a Friday or eating a Sunday Roast, Monday Nights has become RAW night for a lot of people, and I think people who have watched it for many years might have grounds to complain, I have only really watched since around 2001/2002 with a break in between, so I am a pretty post-attitude era fan, so I can't really comment on how I would feel if I had been a HUGE fan in those days.

I can sum up my whole post with this, "If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't watch it."

And yes, I watch it. However, in more detail, I'm a fan. I watch PPVs, whether it be with friends or at home. I watch smackdown, as I cannot watch Raw or ECW, but things like Youtube and the WWE stream of ECW can fix that. I've been watching since 2001, when I broke my ankle and was stuck home for a while. Smackdown became a show I would actively watch and enjoy. Granted, the talent has come and gone over the years, and I haven't seen every piece to every story, but the overall enjoyment is there.

Currently, I'm still in the same position. I can predict results, up and coming stars, and those on the chopping block just like anyone else. However, I really would see an opening in my TV schedule without Friday Night Smackdown.

What really makes me watch the WWE in general, is the ongoing storylines. With any other show, you could tune out for a season and jump back in when things pick up. However, with the WWE, even the stale months look to pick up. And when things pick up, I would want to see it.

I've purchased DVD's before, of Wrestling events that happened before I watched and before I was born. When asked why, since I could just look up the results, I replied with something that still holds true, "I know the result, but I want to see How it happens."

What I ask is, "Would there be a difference if you didn't see Hogan slam Andre, and just heard that he won?"

What about Tyson KO'ing HBK? The Rock and Hogan face to face? Jeff Hardy's suicide attempt of the week?

No, it wouldn't be the same. It is for these moments that I watch, and for these moments that I enjoy. Essentially, I'm taking the post above me to an extreme. In a two hour show, I'd give the 1 hour and 55 minutes of boredom for the 5 that gets my heart racing. Only, there is rarely that much boredom.

Where are fans, thats what we do. We complain, whether we love or hate the product we complain. you cant satisfy us. But of course we love the product. I wouldnt spend two hours every monday watching something i hate. Thats ridiculous, and a waste of time. There are bad shows, but most are enjoyable, that could be said about every show on television. So to answer your question: Yes, the E is enjoyable

Well, obviously I do. Why would I watch it if I don't enjoy it. We all complain about the champions, we say we know who's better, but we all still love to watch it and we enjoy it even if we say x sucks and why is he champion? Why is he still wrestling? We all know that even if we want it another way, we'll still be watching him. As of late there have been some bad shows, but we'll still be watching because we hope they'll pick up again. I enjoy it, and what are you doing on these forums if you don't enjoy it?

The way I see it, wrestling fans are variants of hardcore fans of anything. Sports fans criticize bad games, bad players, and bad coaching decisions, but continue watching. Comic book fans criticize bad issues, bad characters, and bad writing decisions, but continue reading. Wrestling fans criticize bad matches, bad wrestlers, and bad booking/Creative decisions, but continue watching.

To be an intense fan of something is to allow yourself to criticize the deepest trenches of whatever you're involved in. It sort of goes with the territory. If you're not a fan of something, you typically don't delve enough into it to be able to pinpoint certain faults in the frame. But being a dedicated fan means you are more intently focused on more aspects (and typically the "whole scope of things"), so you have more to be judgmental of.

I think the problem (and I'm guilty of it as well, in more things than just wrestling) is that we're all big enough fans of it and enjoy it when it goes well so much that we really do want to see it at its best and we're let down when we can find the imperfections. Holding out for too much? Assuredly. Nobody's perfect. But then again this is just talking about the slight nitpicking rather than the total screw ups that we all point out on a frequent basis.

Yes, of course I enjoy watching WWE. Raw, Smackdown or ECW, I'll watch them all weekly. It doesn't matter if I know it's going to be shit due to the lack of talent and storylines, mainly ECW. But there are certain reasons why I watch all 3 shows religiously. The current product is great in my opinion. Since the draft, I find all shows refreshing and more entertaining than before. People whinge and bitch about 'this' and 'that' all the time. But at the end of the day, they will watch WWE weekly as they enjoy the excitement and the surprising element that the WWE provides us with so often.

Nothing is perfect, not even the WWE. So of course people will whinge about certain things that they may not like, sometimes including myself. But that little complaint doesn't stop them from watching it. If the WWE was perfect, we all wouldn't be here typing on a Internet Wrestling Forum today. Do I think people bitch too often? Yes, I do. Complaints certainly don't stop me from watching the product as I love it so much, no matter how bad it may be that particular week. I see some people saying this past Raw wasn't good, but I think it was. CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes, Shawn Michaels finally wrestling on free t.v and many other elements made me like the show. I thought it was entertaining and enjoyable, and thats all that counts.

Actually no. I really don't enjoy WWE. I watch the shows out of habit, and out of fear that I might miss something intresting. It doesn't happen often. Out of every 100 WWE match I watch I probably have one that I think is awesome, on that's good, the rest is about 50/50 between ok and shit. Not really a good ratio. WWE has improved a lot this year though. But I think that even if WWE was great again I still wouldn't be impressed. I think I watch too much wrestling to be impressed anymore.

I dont enjoy WWE like I did last year or two years ago. Since June 2008 i beleve that WWE just fell off Storyline Sence, and the entertainment value just went down.
I mean..... Cena/Batista match was the stupidest storyline build up for those type of main event wrestlers. Samething with HHH/Edge - Arguabley the best Face vs. the best Heel and they have maybe 2 shows to make a storyline of the best Good guy Vs. Bad guy in the whole WWE.

Not to mention the fact that the wrestling match value just sucks. I mean Kelly Kelly, Santino Marella, JBL, maybe C.M Punk.

And then there's Mike Ada..........-it doesn't matter wut his name is-.... who's been shoved down our throats for months and the guy dosen't know jackshit about Sports entertainment or the WWE.

I stoped watching Raw because ever since the draft and Mike adm......it just sucks. -I just keep flicking the channel until Shawn Michaels appears on T.V.- Before the draft I watched and looked foward to watching the whole entire programing of Raw.

I watch more of Smackdown because their is better talent and a better entertainment value but still don't watch entire show yet. -Please come back Edge-

ECW is a fucking Joke -No dis to matt hardy or Mark Henry-

"It's almost as if i getting to Old to watch WWE Programing and I'am only 20."

P.S. You would think with this year's Presdental election that their would be a Black Big name Wrestler or that the Women's division wasn't a complete Joke. - No dis to Micke, Beth, Victoria, maybe Candice.

-Why So Serious- :)

I really am started to wonder. Since coming to university I havent been able to watch much of any wrestling, and to be honest, I really dont miss it that much. For the last few months I have only enjoyed the WWE when my faves were on(J Hardy, Melina, Morrison, Santino, ect). I just find wrestling boring right now, and think maybe if I only see bits and pieces of it I will get excited about it again...or I hope.

I love WWE. The show entertains me. I like the stories. I enjoy the personalities.

That being said, I do have some concerns sometimes about the direction of the show. Sometimes, the stories get short sold. I had no idea why Kane was tormenting Rey. For six weeks we wondered who was alive or dead and what was in the bag. And then, we got the shit that we see on TV.

This is the forum to complain and share concerns about the show. Of course the forum is going to seem negative from time to time, but.......

Overall, we're mostly fans. Think about it this way.

If your sister was pregnant, coke addicted, and in a gang, you would want to help her. You love her, but you definitely see the problems.

I don't think it's a secret that I'm not a big WWE fan. There are about a dozen wrestler across all three brands that I really enjoy watching, but that's about it. I don't watch SD or ECW, even though a few of those previously mentioned dozen reside on those brands. I watch RAW most weeks simply out of habit. Truthfully, I have enjoyed RAW the past couple of months, but collectively over the past couple of years, I haven't really found it all that entertaining.

Fuck yes I enjoy WWE. With every fiber of my being. It astounds me that people just sit around nit picking things to death. Why the fuck do you even watch it then?? Why the fuck would you constantly subject yourself to something you find so unentertaining, that you dont enjoy?? You sound like an idiot to me. I dont enjoy smashing my fingers with a hammer. I also dont spend 2 hours on monday and friday, and an hour on teusday, smashing my fingers with a hammer. Right-O

RAW is doing very well right now. Its no one's show, it has a LOT of varying storylines, and young guys being used, as well as the impending returns of Cena, and a possibly tweener (FUCK YES) Randy Orton. Orton is seemingly on the very verge of ultra mega stardom. I find it confounding how anyone can really dislike RAW right now, with the above said, plus the HBK-jeritron feud. Awesome stuff.

ECW is fine, it does exactly what its suppose to. Primarily pure wrestling, with the young guys getting show time, and time in front of big live crowds. I really enjoy ECW to be honest, And I dont know what more people expect of it.

SD! is a tad stale at the moment, but its been very highly depleted with injuries. Wait until guys start coming back, and it will pick back up again. I also find Kozlov to be obscenely intriguing.

I thoroughly enjoy the WWE, and cant wait for No Mercy this weekend. Shit yea for fans.

While I admit that the WWE really cocks up big time with stupid things like Kane torturing and beating the hell out of Rey Mysterio and leaving him for dead only for Rey to appear on TV a couple of weeks later with no injuries, I do still enjoy watching the WWE as they are starting to push young, hungry talent and are creating fresh feuds which gets me drawn into the programmes

It may not be perfect and sometimes they do indeed provide many "WTF" moments (not the good, Evan Bourne kinds of WTF moments) but overall I enjoy the product tremendously, if not as much as the Attitude Era for obvious reasons. With all the other crap on TV being reality shows and real sports, WWE is kind of the only thing I watch, although I guess technically I don't watch the shows "on TV" as they aren't aired here.

I think they maintain a consistently good level with some roadblocks here and there. Nothing's perfect though. I watch everything I can get my hands on and I don't miss a show, and very few times do I actually feel like the show was boring or was a waste of my time. So yeah, I'm diggin' it.

I would enjoy WWE more if more of the wrestlers could actually wrestle. There are too many con men in WWE, who are only their for their acting abilities and not their wrestling abilities. Examples being John Cena, Carlito, Santino, The Great Khali, Triple H etc.
I would also enjoy WWE more if they cut down on embarrassments like Santino, and Carlito. People who are total jokes, with their stupid accent's, stupid looks, and OTT acting abilities etc.
I am not saying that WWE is terrible, because it is saved big time by it's storylines, but it could be far better if it sorted out the problems that i mentioned.

WWE has improved a lot this year though. But I think that even if WWE was great again I still wouldn't be impressed. I think I watch too much wrestling to be impressed anymore.

Well, i think you hit the nail with this. I think it's pretty much the same with a lot of people: we watch too much and of course, that ought change standards.

I expect every PPV to be better than the last one, but of course that wont happen in a thousand years. Same with RAW, ECW and SD. We could just wish to see Helms returning next week and a week after Edge and the week after that Stone Cold, etc. But that would kill the product instantly.

I enjoy WWE just as much as the next user, but I have my moments of "i hate the show" just like the majority. Wrestling IMO is like the badass version of a soap opera; you enjoy it almost all the time, but you cant expect to see all the badassery all the time.

Of course I enjoy WWE, I love the WWE! That's why I watch it 3 times a week every week, go to all the events and watch all the PPV's:) Sure, some of the stuff can get a bit stale at times,(*cough* cena and batista being in the title picture 85% of the time) and sure it make me a bit pissed off at times when everything is always about cena or batista being or trying to be the #1 contender (or the being the champion). But still, that doesn't mean I go complain about how I think the WWE sucks and start picking out every little thing that's wrong with it today. Face it, nothing is perfect, everything has flaws. And who gives a frick about ratings anyways? I certainly don't. I am a loyal die hard WWE fan and have been for 10 years. No ratings, nitpicking, or anything else will change that! I understand we watch WWE out of habit to see what will happen next; but we usually enjoy what we're watching as well and not watching it just so we can see what happens next then nitpick every little thing we find wrong with the episode. You either like something or you don't (habit or not). In my opinion, all you people who complain, I think you complain about the 'issues' in WWE simply because you like to for a hobby. If that is so, I think you guys should complain somewhere where all us actual fans who ENJOY watching WWE and don't complain don't have to deal with you. Go start your own 'I like nitpicking about WWE and every little thing that is wrong with it' thread and complain your little hearts out. And I'm sorry for coming off as somewhat harsh, but the WWE is something I'm really passionate about as a fan, and to see so many people complaining over so many little things kinda gets under my skin. And yeah, the Attitude Era was just plain AWESOME, and no matter how hard they try it can never be replicated or redone again. Those of us who were fans when the Attitude Era was alive knew how awesome it was. But we need to stop living in the Attitude Era. The WWE can still be awesome after the Attitude Era:)

Yes, I enjoy WWE greatly, I go to all the house shows when they come to Sydney and I'm saving my money to buy RAW tickets next week and I purchase the DVDs and T-Shirts.

It is called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason, to entertain us, which I think WWE does well because if it isn't entertaining, there wouldn't be so many fans around the world.

I think I would enjoy it more if I never started going onto wrestling insider websites, such as wrestlezone but it doesn't bother me anymore, I just try to stay away from WrestleZone on Tuesdays (Because of the time difference between RAW airing in America and here in Australia).

I also think that if we did not compare the current product to the product of the past we would be able to enjoy it more, we have to stop asking "Who will be the next The Rock" etc. but that will never happen, it's in humans nature to want more.

yes i do. it is like a drug or a addictive thing. yuo just cant get enough of it. i watch it every day when i can. i may only have 20 dvd's and videos but i watch them no stop. i love it. and now in australia we get afterburn so we get to watch it for free. were as before i had to watch youtube to see it. i tape every show and watch it until i no every move. i just cant get enough of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back