• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do TNA need to drop the NWA Titles?

Steve

Occasional Pre-Show
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) is an American professional wrestling promotion, founded by Jeff Jarrett and his father Jerry Jarrett in May 2002 and now owned by Panda Energy International. The company, which trades as TNA Entertainment, LLC, operates out of Nashville, Tennessee, with an office in Orlando, Florida.

TNA was originally a member of the National Wrestling Alliance, with the company known as NWA-TNA, but withdrew from the NWA in 2004, in the process acquiring the rights to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and NWA World Tag Team Championship until the year 2014.

TNA have the rights to use the NWA World Titles until 2014, but does anyone else think that they should drop them already and replace them with dedicated TNA Titles. Doing this now would prevent an awfully sticky situation once 2014 comes around.

It is highly likely that they'll have first crack at re-acquiring the rights to the belts. Most contracts of this nature are constructed this way. Besides, they'd be way beyond stupid to hedge there bets with titles they can't guarantee they'll have in the future. Either way, though, holding onto the belts is a good thing because of the years of prestige they have from the NWA's history. The belts are pretty much the oldest in the business anyway.

I think it’s kind of dumb that TNA owns the rights to the NWA World Heayvweight title even though they’re no longer a member of the NWA. TNA should eventually drop the “NWA” from their name and the title out of respect for the once great organization. It’s obvious that the NWA title is the second most important title in TNA, as the X-Division title is really their primary title. I think once the NWA title expires in 2014, the X title will become the TNA World title.

peopleschamp said:
I think it’s kind of dumb that TNA owns the rights to the NWA World Heayvweight title even though they’re no longer a member of the NWA. TNA should eventually drop the “NWA” from their name and the title out of respect for the once great organization. It’s obvious that the NWA title is the second most important title in TNA, as the X-Division title is really their primary title. I think once the NWA title expires in 2014, the X title will become the TNA World title.
You could be right about the X title being the frontrunner down the road. I personally love the company, but I think that they should've purchased NWA as their name instead of TNA. That's only of a miniscule amount of gripes I have with company. In the end, though, I don't care. I still like their product best by far.

We are talking a full 8 years in the future... it's clear that the TNA brass are banking on being able to buy the NWA name in 8 years time... TNA could be gone by then... but if they are still around and not in the position to buy the NWA name, Ted's new fed (come on it's gonna happen eventually) will be...

THTRobtaylor, i hate to break it to you but Tunner will not get back in as he does not TNT or its sister channels anymore,second He is a RESSLIN guy and would get people like "burger" king. It would be nice if another to see another FED rise up but Vince has it deadlocked as Kasey had stated it would need to be a west coast FED due to the deadlock Vince has on the east (damnit)

It's sad as hell that an entertainment town like Hollywood or LA wouldn't be interested in selling wrestling. The best writers live there and the media exposure would be awesome.

The NWA titles are PERFECT for TNA right now because of the history, BUT i keep saying the TNA needs to have the TNA championship which wold basically be the midcard title! They should keep the X pretty diverse, I love the Xbelt. Honestly Chistian should win it or Nash to bring the prestige to the title. the TNA title needs to be there for the likes of
-Monte Brown
-Abyss
-Styles
-Truth
-Rhyno
-Samoa Joe
-Raven

BUT first and formost iMpact needs to be 2 hours!!!

doublej_TNA said:
The NWA titles are PERFECT for TNA right now because of the history, BUT i keep saying the TNA needs to have the TNA championship which wold basically be the midcard title! They should keep the X pretty diverse, I love the Xbelt. Honestly Chistian should win it or Nash to bring the prestige to the title. the TNA title needs to be there for the likes of
-Monte Brown
-Abyss
-Styles
-Truth
-Rhyno
-Samoa Joe
-Raven

BUT first and formost iMpact needs to be 2 hours!!!

You need to add more to that list.And yes Tna does need a midcard belt but first get 2 hours and better time slot.BTW they have the best tsag division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back