Do current day "rituals" help with longevity?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
So I was playing NBA 2k13 and one of the commentators was talking about how a lot of the NBA players and other athletes today are having longer and better peak time than stars like Magic Johnson or even Michael Jordan due to the new rituals they have such as ice baths and extensive exercises. And I got to thinking, has the same thing helped guys like Cena, Styles, Joe, Punk, and Orton stay in the shape their in or is it more the safety of the things becoming more prominent?

Afterall, back in the "good ol' days" a wrestling match could be considered PG yet still be filled with lots of blood [enough to dye Flair's head crimson to be exact]. There were more violent matches back then and with the way WWE's toned back that could be a great reason for longer careers, and that really is a good thing. But at the same time, back then a guy like Hogan didn't have the technology of the guys today. I mean if Hogan had got his elbow to look like a football, I'm sure he would've been out for at least 4 months whereas Cena was able to pull off a great match with his... possibly due to the medicines and other practices they have.

So really has the medicine/rituals been more of a help or would you say it's the stance that companies are taking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back