Dixie's Foolishness Never Ceases to Amaze Me

deanerandterry - I don't agree with EVERYTHING you say. But I agree with 99.9% of it, and the .1% I don't agree with, I can respect.

Bottom line is that Dixie Carter OWNS this company. At least that's what they tell us. So at the end of the day, no matter who makes the decisions, she is responsible. If Dixie hired Hogan and Bischoff and Russo and everyone else to run her company, then they still answer to her. She can ask for their opinion, but ultimately, what she says, goes.

I read her tweets, and it seems to me that Dixie just wants to be friends with everyone. I have said it on this board before - Business is Business! You cannot refer to your staff as your "family" or your "friends". You cannot run a company with your heart, you have to run it with your brain. TNA doesn't need a mommy or a best friend...TNA needs a BOSS!! There has to be leadership. And that SHOULD come from Dixie, because she runs the company....right?

The problem is, I think there's just as many bosses behind the scenes, as there are on screen. What are Bischoff and Hogan's REAL roles in the company? Investors? Part Owners? Or just employees? What about Jarrett? Does he still own part of TNA or not? Who actually runs this company?

I don't think the talent in TNA know the answer to that question either.

Hold on, douchebag. Do you KNOW who "they" are going to be? Maybe TNA didn't even plan on reforming the M.E.M Mafia with all of its original members, but instead add some new faces, i.e Crimson. Did that ever cross your smarky IWC mind? When Ric Flair said that they're reforming the Four Horsemen, he didn't bring Tully Branchard and the rest of the group, no, he formed Fourtune.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'LL BE THE MAIN EVENT MAFIA!

God damn the IWC is fucking moronic. Go fuck yourself. I can't possibly believe some can be that stupid. You read the dirt-sheets, you pull some fabricated bullshit out of your ass and you shit on both TNA and WWE without having ANY SOLID PROOF!

Show me, fucking show me TNA's plans for a Main Event Mafia return, where they want to bring in Booker and Nash. If you can't do that, then do me a favor and don't post here anymore. No proof - no argument. Period.

This is not a fact, this is all you fucking idiots GUESSING! Nothing's for sure, nothing's set in stone.

Besides, EVEN IF they had plans for Nash and Booker, how the fuck is this storyline going to be worse if they're not in the Main EVent Mafia (we suppose they are "they"?). How? We'll get some young guys in that stable in their place ( you know, the young guys YOU ALL BITCH ABOUT), they'll get a rub, and take out Immortal.

How can such fucking dumbasses exist? Did someone even say they can run TNA better than its current management? What the fuck has happened to the WrestleZone forums? Is there an invasion of imbeciles? God damn it, go eat shit whoever said that. You probably can't even sneeze at your workplace without asking for permission. Pieces of shit ...
Gotta agree with all of this.

How can someone predict failure for something that hasn't even been revealed yet?

Where did Dixie or anyone at TNA say: "Hey guys! We're bring back the MEM with Nash, Booker, and Sting as the leaders!" ??

All I've seen is speculation.

What kills me is the same people who want to shit on something that hasn't even happened yet are lapping up WWE's shit with a 60+ year old announcer in a Championship match at a PPV!

I guarun-damn-tee you that if Taz was gonna be in a TNA championship match that these same marks lapping up Lawler's jizz would shit all over this idea as well.

Sorry for getting side tracked but the point remains that some people are just looking for things in TNA to bitch and moan about. They'll even bitch about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Gotta agree with all of this.

How can someone predict failure for something that hasn't even been revealed yet?

Where did Dixie or anyone at TNA say: "Hey guys! We're bring back the MEM with Nash, Booker, and Sting as the leaders!" ??

All I've seen is speculation.

What kills me is the same people who want to shit on something that hasn't even happened yet are lapping up WWE's shit with a 60+ year old announcer in a Championship match at a PPV!

I guarun-damn-tee you that if Taz was gonna be in a TNA championship match that these same marks lapping up Lawler's jizz would shit all over this idea as well.

Sorry for getting side tracked but the point remains that some people are just looking for things in TNA to bitch and moan about. They'll even bitch about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Here's the thing: if you never once visited wrestling websites but tuned in to TNA every Tuesday for the last few years, you would ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY 150 PERCENT KNOW that this story was supposed to lead to the reformation of the Main Event Mafia. Perhaps the group could be tweaked by a member if it had to be, but you kinda can't miss the fact that it's been blatantly obvious that that's where they wanted to go with this story.

Let's look at the facts: First, Crimson says "they are coming". Shortly thereafter, he chases off Immortal with a baseball bat (perhaps an homage to Sting? I'm not 100 percent on this example but I am on the rest). Then, Crimson appears in a suit the next week with sunglasses, which is pretty much the attire and a staple of TNA's Main Event Mafia. Following that, Crimson gives an interview the next week where he says that the group that asked him to be the messenger "made him an offer he couldn't refuse". Lastly, Scott Steiner shows up after a call from Kurt Angle.

Alone, you could (and someone probably will), break down each thing and explain why they aren't precursors to the Main Event Mafia, but if you look at this from a broad perspective in terms of story building, these are all building blocks and signs towards the return of the group. There's very little argument that can be presented to dissuade that idea.

Not once in my argument did I talk about speculation or internet rumor. It's all from just watching the show. Yes, people on here know the rumors too, but just watching the show, you can see that the next step was bringing back the group. It may have been missing one member, but I doubt more than that. Obviously, Crimson is the group's MESSENGER and may have a role in the group once its formed (whichever way this thing goes now), but he was never going to replace a member. He has a new role.

Anyway, it's blatantly obvious that the story was supposed to go that way, but it fell through with Nash and Booker appearing at the Royal Rumble. That's two key cogs to the story. Thus, TNA has had to change its plans since the last TV tapings (about 3 weeks ago). In that time, they found out that Booker and Big Kev weren't coming so they had to go another direction. That's fine, and whatever direction they go may work (though the reveal will ultimately be lackluster due to circumstances), but you can't be naive and say that "because it was never confirmed or said blatantly that the Main Event Mafia were returning, it may never have been the plan". It was the plan, and it fell through, end of story.

Was it perhaps a silly strategy to put a story in place without having the men they wanted for it signed and ready to go? It absolutely was. There's no debate with that. This was a mistake and it will cost them a bit in terms of storyline continuity, but it's not the end of the world. Hopefully, TNA uses this as a learning experience of what NOT to do moving forward. Get the guys signed, THEN execute a story on TV.

Still, I have said it before and I'll say it again. I didn't agree with putting the Main Event Mafia against Immortal anyway. There was a lot of flaw in that, but the problem now is that you essentially promised that group and won't deliver on it. In the short term, it's pretty bad, but long term it will be just fine.

Here's the thing: if you never once visited wrestling websites but tuned in to TNA every Tuesday for the last few years, you would ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY 150 PERCENT KNOW that this story was supposed to lead to the reformation of the Main Event Mafia. Perhaps the group could be tweaked by a member if it had to be, but you kinda can't miss the fact that it's been blatantly obvious that that's where they wanted to go with this story.

Let's look at the facts: First, Crimson says "they are coming". Shortly thereafter, he chases off Immortal with a baseball bat (perhaps an homage to Sting? I'm not 100 percent on this example but I am on the rest). Then, Crimson appears in a suit the next week with sunglasses, which is pretty much the attire and a staple of TNA's Main Event Mafia. Following that, Crimson gives an interview the next week where he says that the group that asked him to be the messenger "made him an offer he couldn't refuse". Lastly, Scott Steiner shows up after a call from Kurt Angle.

Alone, you could (and someone probably will), break down each thing and explain why they aren't precursors to the Main Event Mafia, but if you look at this from a broad perspective in terms of story building, these are all building blocks and signs towards the return of the group. There's very little argument that can be presented to dissuade that idea.

Not once in my argument did I talk about speculation or internet rumor. It's all from just watching the show. Yes, people on here know the rumors too, but just watching the show, you can see that the next step was bringing back the group. It may have been missing one member, but I doubt more than that. Obviously, Crimson is the group's MESSENGER and may have a role in the group once its formed (whichever way this thing goes now), but he was never going to replace a member. He has a new role.

Anyway, it's blatantly obvious that the story was supposed to go that way, but it fell through with Nash and Booker appearing at the Royal Rumble. That's two key cogs to the story. Thus, TNA has had to change its plans since the last TV tapings (about 3 weeks ago). In that time, they found out that Booker and Big Kev weren't coming so they had to go another direction. That's fine, and whatever direction they go may work (though the reveal will ultimately be lackluster due to circumstances), but you can't be naive and say that "because it was never confirmed or said blatantly that the Main Event Mafia were returning, it may never have been the plan". It was the plan, and it fell through, end of story.

Was it perhaps a silly strategy to put a story in place without having the men they wanted for it signed and ready to go? It absolutely was. There's no debate with that. This was a mistake and it will cost them a bit in terms of storyline continuity, but it's not the end of the world. Hopefully, TNA uses this as a learning experience of what NOT to do moving forward. Get the guys signed, THEN execute a story on TV.

Still, I have said it before and I'll say it again. I didn't agree with putting the Main Event Mafia against Immortal anyway. There was a lot of flaw in that, but the problem now is that you essentially promised that group and won't deliver on it. In the short term, it's pretty bad, but long term it will be just fine.

You are right, i try to watch the show every thursday night and when steiner arrived i thought of the Main Event Mafia. But the thing is, i have been watching wrestling since the NWO days, so i know not to assume anything. Look at it this way, when Hogan came at bash at the beach 96, how many of you said hogan is going to help WCW against Hall&Nash? What happened? Well he joined them and formed the NWO. so like i said we should never assume anything beacause anything can happen.

You are right, i try to watch the show every thursday night and when steiner arrived i thought of the Main Event Mafia. But the thing is, i have been watching wrestling since the NWO days, so i know not to assume anything. Look at it this way, when Hogan came at bash at the beach 96, how many of you said hogan is going to help WCW against Hall&Nash? What happened? Well he joined them and formed the NWO. so like i said we should never assume anything beacause anything can happen.

Fine, when you pull a swerve, you pull a swerve. Often they don't actually make sense, but in this case you aren't talking about a swerve.

What we are talking about in this case is BLATANT clues leading to the reformation of the Main Event Mafia, and if it doesn't happen, all of those clues will be wasted. The reason that would happen would be last minute changes due to not securing Nash and Booker (and possibly Sting but he could still be a part of this).

You can say anything you want and make any excuse in the book, but there's no disputing fact. Fact is that TNA was making it painfully obvious through the spots I discussed that they were bringing back the Main Event Mafia for this story. They didn't get the guys and they changed the plans. If you don't think that's the case, you need to revisit the way you think. That's what it was going to be and now it's not. Simple as that.

even if everyone was to come to an agreement that TNA and Dixie were going to reform MEM, and things have now changed and they had to quickly come up with something else. is it better or worse what TNA will do now instead of reforming MEM?
personally I think what TNA will do is better than what they were going to do with MEM. bringing back Nash/Sting/Booker (has beens) would/could have buried more of the younger talent because obviously that would have been less on air time. now those older guys won't be back, and TNA has to use younger talent.
kind of/maybe wastes the return of Steiner in the suit, but having him back isn't a bad thing.

even if everyone was to come to an agreement that TNA and Dixie were going to reform MEM, and things have now changed and they had to quickly come up with something else. is it better or worse what TNA will do now instead of reforming MEM?
personally I think what TNA will do is better than what they were going to do with MEM. bringing back Nash/Sting/Booker (has beens) would/could have buried more of the younger talent because obviously that would have been less on air time. now those older guys won't be back, and TNA has to use younger talent.
kind of/maybe wastes the return of Steiner in the suit, but having him back isn't a bad thing.

I can basically agree with this. Short term, this is devastating and will look awful and lots of plotholes no matter which way they go with it. Long term though, it's better than someone that isn't 50 will take down Immortal because you want the evil to fall to up and coming faces that could use the rub. Now that can probably happen if done right, but it's going to take a lot of backtracking to get over the fact that they marketed a specific return that won't happen.

I don't know about the Booker T or Sting negotiations but we know Nash basically screwed Dixie over. He admitted on X-Pacs show that he signed with TNA in early Janurary but backed out after seeing Angle dominate Immortal and Abyss fall over on top of the ramp. He said he didn't like where the angle was going and didn't think it was for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back