Dixie headed to NYC house show but....

TruckaHoganFan

Dark Match Winner
Dixie announced on Twitter that she'll be up here in NYC for the house show on 9/23. That's cool but more than likely the guys most wanna see like Flair, Hogan, Sting, and Nash wont be there. i know they have in their contract not to perform at house shows but shouldn't exceptions be made where TNA doesn't have a strong footprint at ? TNA is based outta the dirty south but when they venture out of their core area into areas like the northeast, these guys should hit the road with the regular house show performers. Wouldn't it help TNA to have these guys on selective dates on the road to broaden their fan base which in turn help them gain more viewers for IMPACT ? These four guys are LEGENDS of the game who have loyal fans up here in the northeast, especially here in NYC. Now i know these shows up here may be ECW-themed due to the fact that this was their core areas but wouldn't it be crazy for Flair to come out and slap the shit out of Tommy Dreamer ! Flair's Fourtune already do the house shows so adding the Nature Boy would be ideal with the current EV2 fued going on. JJ also hits the road so wouldn't it be great if the old Wolfpac show up and whup that ass ??? Much love to all the ECW cats and their fans but if these 4 LEGENDS show up, the fucking roof will blow.

If TNA wants those guys there, TNA is going to have to pay them extra.

Personally, although I've never seen the old WCW guys live, I don't know if I'd really want to see them at the Avation Sportsplex or the Hammerstein Ballroom. It would just feel like, "Didn't that orange guy used to be Ric Flair?" instead of "Wooo! Ric Flair!"

I'd say it's more important to establish a new TNA market with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Beer Money and MCMG. Guys who you'd be seeing if you came back and bought a ticket next year.

I think Dixie is starting to get a swelled head and is starting to think she's Vince. Own theme song and everything. She's just not that good on television. If she ever played the heel owner bit, it would come off as the worst thing ever.

I would say stick to the business part, but she isn't great at that either.

There is a good chance Dixie will get Boo'd out of the building. I think its becoming obvious that people are growing tired with Dixie. Now growing tired of Dixie's tweets and earth rocking surprises is different from growing tired with TNA. If this was being looked at as the big deal it really is, then Dixie should pony up and get Hogan, Sting, and who ever else there to really make TNA marketable. There can be a mix of the current and future stars of TNA and the stars of the past, that would make the show a success. Instead Dixie will come out, probably hint at some god awful surprise and tease a ppv in NYC. For TNA in the Hammerstein Ballroom, that is definitely not enough.

So, Dumb Dixie strikes again! Her fucking boring, INSIGNIFICANT "surprises" are just continuous letdowns. How long has Dumb Dixie been touting her latest brain tingling "surprise"? 3 months? Sorry Dumb One, but I'm not buying your stupid bullshit and I have a feeling I am not alone.

Dixie, do this favor for yourself and for us, the fans. Stay behind the curtains, shut the fuck up, and snap your gum and twirl your hair in admiration for ALL the has-beens on your roster and revel in your 1.1 ratings. STUUUUUPIDDDD!

i'm not too sure Dixie gets booed outta the building due to the fact that she's responsible for all the ECW cats in TNA. i think the fans will go easy on her. as for paying certain guys extra for appearing at house shows, what's the problem ??? if it's indeed true that guy's like Hogan, Nash, Sting, & Flair demand extra pay for appearances i can't see why Dixie wouldn't cut the check. i think it benefits TNA greatly if they were to show up but i know alot of the "Legends" don't like to travel much anymore.

You don't make an "exception" to a contract, unless you're willing to work for free. That doesn't happen in professional wrestling. If you want someone to show up, you cut them a check.

It'll be a good crowd, you can always count on an NYC crowd to be hot. And Dixie Carter is going to get torched; New York is not known for their supportive, performer friendly crowds.

Screw that. Bring TNA proper to NYC. You don't need the big names for a house show. Lest you plan o putting on a TV or PPV up there, let them build their names up in house shows.

TNA has worked NYC before. No one will boo Dixie. Vince McMahon would be anohter story but the Hammerstein fans won't be as classless to boo Dixie. The Hammerstein isn't the Apollo. Those fans will have great appreciation just for the fact that Dixie brought TNA to the Hammerstein. Guys like Rhino, maybe Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Joe, AJ, Team 3D, RVD, Dreamer, The BP, MCMG, and even Wolfe (who has had stints in the Hammerstein with ROH) are good enough for the NYC Hammerstein crowd. If this was a PPV, it would be different. You would need the Stings, Flairs, Hogans, Bischoffs, etc. But it's not. It's just a house show and for now the lineup is still pretty decent. TNA's roster is a win regardless. There roster is so talented. Guys we barely see on Impact lately like Hernandez, Amazing Red, Kendrick, and Hamada can all easily get over in that setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back