• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan wants to stop all House Shows and regroup

Umm, do any of you even know what you're talking about? Do you know how expensive these house shows are to run all across the fuckin' globe? The WWE can afford to do it because they have tenfold the resources, but for a company like TNA who's only just started to turn a profit the previous year, this is just wasting their money. With the hit wrestling is going to take in the 2009 year from the economy, now is as good a time as any to try to cut costs for the moment. They're coming up with a new strategy obviously.

It could be a good idea, although it's only an assumption on my part since I don't know what kind of shape TNA's finances are, nor exactly what type of financial resources they've got.

That being said, I've not been impressed at all with the vast majority of crowds TNA has been pulling in at their house shows. Whenever I've come across a story on a site that mentions show attendances for TNA and/or WWE, TNA's house show numbers tend to be in the mid to high three digits almost exclusively. Sam mentioned that he went to a show in which TNA pulled in over 12,000 people and that's most definitely the largest I've heard for any TNA house show. However, overall, that big crowd tends to be the exception rather than the rule. TNA's shows in England do pull in much bigger crowds than their shows in the states, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear TNA pull in some pretty good crowds from this tour of the UK.

However, if it's costing TNA more money than it's really worth to put on these house shows over here, then it might be a good idea to stop doing them. When nearly all the house shows pull in less than a thousand people and 1.5-1.9 million people watch you on tv every week in this country, then something needs to be adjusted somewhere.

I think it is a pretty good idea. They need to use their TV product to build up hype, and then put butts in seats. Problem for TNA is their PPV buys and attendance is not good at all, and to be a Mainstream company, they need to excel at both.

What appears to have been missed by everyone who's posts I read is that Eric Bischoff did this in WCW and it worked very well. By stopping the touring schedule there is more time to refocus the direction of the show. The house show attendances I have seen online are similar to those mentioned by Slyfox, indeed they were often worse. There's no way that audiences of 2-300 are making the company any money, so what's the point? TNA needs to make itself worth going to see, and to do that it might be better to focus their energies on the television project first. Bischoff has done this before and it worked, and I don't think this will be a hindrance either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back