I'm so tired of greedy overpaid Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know how anyone could say the legends are completely useless or if people are upset about Sting or RVD not appearing at house shows. Most TNA house shows I have had the privilege to attend had great main events with Kurt Angle, Jarrett, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe. Even Booker T was at a house show last year. Also, didn't Ric Flair attend a house recently in North Carolina? I really don't think all the legends aren't attending house shows, and does it matter if they aren't at every house show?

I mean die hard TNA fans love seeing the Machine Guns, Beer Money, Daniels and the rest of the X Division at house shows. Of course its not a huge event like Impact, but its still a good show. Most people at house shows don't even know who or what TNA is but they come any way. I remember when BG and Kip James received the biggest pop of the night at a house show last year. Most people just come to see wrestling. Of course it would be huge to see Sting or Hogan, but as people have said before they are over 50.

They don't need to do house shows anymore. RVD and Foley only showed up a few times in WWE over the past few years. I don't think Vince needed them for a full time schedule. I mean even Steve Austin and The Rock didn't attend that many house shows if any once they became huge stars. You could say they are greedy or overpaid, but basically there is no need for them when you have so much other talent to showcase.

I mean its a double edged sword because people will complain about legends on the show or at house shows either way. Hogan and lots of other talent can be used to spread publicity without going to house shows. When you have a card with the young talent and Kurt Angle headlining the show, there isn't no need for big names. Again, most people that go to house shows don't even know who is wrestling but they go anyways. You go to a Smackdown house show the biggest name there will be Mysterio or Kane. WWE doesn't have HBK and Triple or even Undertaker at their house shows unless its somewhere like Madison Square Garden usually.

One last thing I wanted to add that I just read here:
Rob Van Dam is now advertised for the Apr. 22-23 TNA house show events. TNA president Dixie Carter noted on her Twitter page that he will be in Macon, Ga. on Apr. 22, and Albany, Ga. on Apr. 23. To read more tweets from Carter, visit Twitter.com/TNADixie. [Thanks to Devin Cutting of ProwrestlingEvents.tk.]

The article also said that Jeff Hardy will be working selected house shows too. I guess they aren't that greedy after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back