Division Blade

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So, for those who still don't know, I've been designing my own turn based RPG video game called Division Blade. It's basically done at this point other than final touching up such as looking for glitches/typos and adding in some extra secret content. That's where this thread comes into the picture.

I handpicked a dozen of my buddies from our forum to participate in a tribute to our forum within my game. There is a parody of WWE in the game (Jellasto Wrestling Federation, or JWF for short) and there is a fan forum being run by some guys inside a stadium. Each of them was given a name and graphic based off their real counterpart, who all get to say they got to be in a video game. None of them are playable, but each of the 12 do get to serve a purpose. Talking to one of them will level up one of the 12 heroes, if you find this secret room. Each levels up a different character, and this can only be done once. So once all 12 heroes have been levelled up by one of the forum people, it can't be done again. The older members might recognize some of these graphics from last year....

Here's who gets to be a part of this, and which of the 12 heroes they can level up (only works once) if talked to.

DAVE
Dave levels up Dagger the swordsman.

LEE
Lee levels up Clinic the mechanic.

DOC
Doc levels up Marsh the sorceror.

IC
IC levels up Kay the arbiter.

D-MAN
D-Man levels up Fay the anticlone.

NORCAL
NorCal levels up Roy the warrior.

BECCA
Becca levels up Lara the blade maiden.

JWGUNSLINGER
JWGunslinger levels up Gunslinger the ranger.

NOTORIOUS718
Notorious levels up Roger the monk.

THEO
Theo levels up Zero the ninja summoner.

STINGER
Stinger levels up Rosa the healer.

LSN80
LSN levels up Trish the amazon.

So that's everyone. Now here's the room they are in. It's two screens wide, so two pics will cover it. The blonde in red robes is Kay, a playable character.

forum1hz.png

Next to the equipment in the top left corner is NorCal, Lee is on the bottom by the book, above Lee is Kay (a playable character), above Kay is Doc, to the right of Doc is Dave, D-Man's in the upper right corner, and IC is in the bottom right corner.

forum2bn.png

Theo is by the wine bottle, Stinger is at the desk, Becca is in the top left corner, JWGunslinger and Notorious are next to the piano (left of it and right of it respectively) and LSN is by the candle.

I was going to post everyone's individual graphic, but we can only do 10 images per post.

So here's how it works.... This is a secret room in the game, and thus completely optional to go to. If you find it, the 3 difficulty settings of the game also come into play. If you're playing on normal, each levels up a hero by 5. If you're playing on easy, they level up a hero depending on what their rep power on the forum is. For instance, NorCal would level up someone by 30+ while JWGunslinger would level up someone by 1. If you're playing on legendary, the most difficult setting, then the same rules for easy apply in reverse. A hero will LOSE the amount of levels equivalent to that person's current rep power. No matter what the difficulty setting, it only happens once. After that they simply talk to you, saying one line of text that they were programmed to say.

Enjoy WZ's cameo appearance in the video gaming world, my friends! :)

I designed the game and wrote this post before we were friends. Apology coming via rep, buddy.

Sounds confusing, but also very interesting.

Also, if it wasn't for your name being "Coco The Monkey", I'd totally have thought you were really Dagger. Bring on the name change.

You couldn't have made this. It looks too good to have been made by one person.

As the creator of the game, you should feel like less of a programmer because of your gay characters.

Where is the function that lets you create an ex-girlfriend and fantasize about committing violent acts on her?

Is there anyone that has been helping you with the game that hasn't been able to be involved lately? If so, they should probably step down.

Let me know how I can help.

Where is the function that lets you create an ex-girlfriend and fantasize about committing violent acts on her?

Funny story, it turns out that the girl who Dagger is trying to heal in the game is only in a coma because she cheated on Dagger with Wolf. Dagger was so mad he told her to drop dead...and she did.

Midway through the game she wakes up enough to apologize and you have to take her off life support because there's only one magical life-giving apparatus in the world. She passes peacefully, though, and her ghost approves of Dagger's new girlfriend.

Looks alot better than the game that other guy made. You know -the one alot of posters consider a douche. If only I could remember his name....

His game was ******ed, but this looks pretty good. :thumbsup:

You should consider charging for this or having it distributed for home systems. Every kid in America would love this for the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back