• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diva's Title

MVP#1

Dark Match Winner
I LOVE how they brought up Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch, however there is no number one contender for the diva's title. There are currently 8 divas that are featured pretty heavily now in the diva's division that can challenge Nikki Bella for the title at Summerslam, however there is no clear direction which one of them will be next in line for a shot at the Diva's title. Summerslam is a pretty big event and the Diva's title should be defended at Summerslam. Who should be the one to challenge Nikki Bella at Summerslam if they officially have a Diva's championship match at Summerslam?

I think there will be a Diva's battle royal at Summer Slam to determine a number one contender. I'm sure everyone (myself included) would much rather watch a series of matches between all the ladies, I just don't think that's likely to happen. If it does, color me pleasantly surprised.

I haven't been able to watch RAW live in awhile, but by keeping up with the reviews I can see that more than likely every diva involved in the current "revolution" is out during the matches (be it at ring side or on commentary). Now since Summer Slam is such a showcase, they're going to probably want to involve as many divas as possible. They could even throw Nikki in there and say if she wins she can choose her own opponent.

As far as the actual winner goes, I'd say it would be Paige since she (Sorry Steph) kicked this whole thing into gear. She wins the battle royal and then defeats Nikki at NOC. Or, like I said when this all started, all these divas aren't going to be able to coexist for long. So maybe have Charlotte win the battle royal, by eliminating Paige (who had just eliminated Nikki) and build some tension between the two. She cost Charlotte the match by basically pulling a Kevin Owens saying no one's going to take the title from Nikki but her. Or have Nikki win the battle royal, and call up who she thinks will be an easy opponent in Bayley, and have Bayley win the title.

/fantasy booking.

So there are a lot of ways to go with this, but I do believe it'll start with a battle royal at Summer slam.

I LOVE how they brought up Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch, however there is no number one contender for the diva's title. There are currently 8 divas that are featured pretty heavily now in the diva's division that can challenge Nikki Bella for the title at Summerslam, however there is no clear direction which one of them will be next in line for a shot at the Diva's title. Summerslam is a pretty big event and the Diva's title should be defended at Summerslam. Who should be the one to challenge Nikki Bella at Summerslam if they officially have a Diva's championship match at Summerslam?

Sasha Banks still has unfinished business back in NXT. Until she drops the women's title, she'll be going back and forth. Mind you, that will probably happen the night before Summerslam at Takeover.

I would disagree though that there are 8 diva's that could win the belt from Nikki Bella. There are really only 4, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Paige.

Brie would be unbelievable as champion with the skills the others have. Tamina has done literally nothing to deserve the belt. Naomi's heel turn is a flop. She just comes across as a very angry woman, and it's not attractive to watch at all. Plus if they were going to give her the title, she would already have won it. Alicia Fox, concussion issues aside is probably the worst out of the bunch. The rest including Summer Rae, yea forget it.

I'm assuming that it will be either Paige or Charlotte who wins and challenges Nikki for the belt. First she has to break AJ's record so it won't be for another month or so. In the meantime hopefully we'll get some quality matches.

Seems as if Sasha could be the one to get it. She's undoubtedly been the most impressive woman on the roster since coming up and has two submission victories over Paige. That being said, I can see a #1 Contender's match between the two where Paige gets the win back and goes on to Summerslam to face Nikki.

Soon enough, they're going to have to tease tension between the groups or at least the Paige/Charlotte/Becky group as they can't, or should I say shouldn't, keep that faction together for more than a few months. Those three should be able to branch off and do their own thing soon enough. The other two groups seem to work better as there are clear roles for each woman, but the "revolution group" is a little too stacked.

As of right now, I'm of the opinion that the plan is two-fold. The first part is to ultimately use a good amount of time to establish the women up from NXT and, at least as of right now, essentially rebrand the Divas Division as an actual women's wrestling division; whether or not it'll last more than a few months is anybody's guess but I think if Vince actually did talk to wrestling fans that he'd find more prefer the women being used in this way instead of cheap and irrelevant filler.

As to the second part of this plan, the time is devoted to this angle, storyline, rebranding, etc. while simultaneously keeping the title on Nikki Bella long enough to break AJ Lee's record of 295 days. Nikki has beaten Paige, albeit with some help from Brie, and there's really nobody else at this point in time to challenge her. If the idea is to break AJ's record, then this is the way to do it without subjecting the new Divas to losses that'll take the wind out of their sails. You'll notice that all sides in this women's faction feud have suffered wins & losses, but neither Charlotte, Becky or Sasha have been the ones to take the losses because it's too soon.

So after the "Divas Revolution" is more firmly established, possibly in the post SummerSlam environment, with the Divas Championship being put more front & center in time for the Night of Champions ppv.

Divas gang wars are far more interesting to me than another title defense. Any old title can be defended on Raw or SD. The feud I'm interested in is seeing which group can better the rest and maintain cohesion within. The belt can take the night off, working on establishing which group will lead this silly revolution is a greater draw.

I'm going to go with TJ Matics' answer here for a second.
It kind of actually combines everyone's thoughts though.

You have the battle royal at SummerSlam.
Throw Nikki in there and have her win.
She picks her opponent.
She picks Brie who of course lays down for her.

The factions stay the same, but now that they have all been in the ring in that battle royal both against each other and against themselves you see the first little rumblings.

You of course see a member of each faction eliminate one of their own, Naomi eliminates Tamina, Brie eliminates Alicia, Charlotte eliminates Becky. It doesn't have to be those exact eliminations but you get the point.

Let the gang wars continue for a bit and allow Nikki to get the record.

I'm not saying this is what is going to happen.
I would like to see this though.

I think it would be a major step backwards for the Divas at Summerslam if there are no matches at the PPV. Especially if Summerslam is four hours long.

I am w/GSB on this one. No need for a title defense at SummerSlam. Give me a Three Team Nine Diva clam jam. The teams have been set up and the war is in full swing. Settle it all at the Biggest Event of the Summer. If they happen to go this rout I would mark out for Charlotte, Lynch and Banks joining forces and taking out the established Diva roster. Maybe tag Paige and Nikki nWo style with lip stick. I'd like to see the turn simply b/c I hate the fact that Stephanie just set up the teams up.

Looking towards the future lets not overlook the Vince Factor when it comes to the Divas Division. It is a very real possibility that when we roll into WM32 they will be selling us Lana vs. Eva Maria for the championship.

There probably won't be a divas title match at SummerSlam, i wouldn't be surprised if the next time she defends the title is at Night of Champions. Nikki is on her way to becoming the longest reigning divas champion ever, she will break Maryse's record, not that is matters a whole lot but WWE is putting a lot of emphasis on it.

There probably won't be a divas title match at SummerSlam, i wouldn't be surprised if the next time she defends the title is at Night of Champions. Nikki is on her way to becoming the longest reigning divas champion ever, she will break Maryse's record, not that is matters a whole lot but WWE is putting a lot of emphasis on it.

She's already beat Maryse' Record and when Night Of champions airs that'll be Nikki's 300th Day As Champ Exactly.
As far as whpm will beat her I think it should be to a 1st timer and not to Paige, Alicia, or Brie but to either Naomi, Tamina, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky or Nikki wins the Battle Royal and chooses her opponent as Eva Marie for Night Of Champions and Eva wins the Belt in a shocker.

Mind you, this is the Divas revolution, not to say the least. The revolution has to bring back the legitimacy to the Divas title before it involves with it. Thus in my verdict I don't mind the Divas title has not been defended at Summerslam. And I also don't mind who'll be the next #1 Contender because, at the end of this revolution it'll be obvious and that we'll witness rather sooner than later.

Cheers!!

Even with Sasha beating Paige recently i would still have Paige win the title back off of Nikki for two reasons.

1: Paige would tie the record for most divas championships and i feel like it would be better for the wwe to have theyre most titles wins on an active diva.

2. I feel like Sasha winning her first title from Paige will be a bigger deal than Sasha beating Nikki Bella. Strictly for name sake.

1: Paige would tie the record for most divas championships and i feel like it would be better for the wwe to have theyre most titles wins on an active diva.

2. I feel like Sasha winning her first title from Paige will be a bigger deal than Sasha beating Nikki Bella. Strictly for name sake.

Those are some bad reasons you got there. I know if you thought harder you can come up with better reasons than that.. Sasha and Charlotte are taking the title and rightfully so.

She's already beat Maryse' Record and when Night Of champions airs that'll be Nikki's 300th Day As Champ Exactly.
As far as whpm will beat her I think it should be to a 1st timer and not to Paige, Alicia, or Brie but to either Naomi, Tamina, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky or Nikki wins the Battle Royal and chooses her opponent as Eva Marie for Night Of Champions and Eva wins the Belt in a shocker.

Oh i see.. I thought Maryse had the record.

I think it would be a major step backwards for the Divas at Summerslam if there are no matches at the PPV. Especially if Summerslam is four hours long.

I think they'll probably have a battle royal on the preshow to determine the #1 contender. Then Nikki faces a not 100% opponent and cheats to win.

Since they are bringing up more talent with more to come i'm sure and forming stables in the process, they should have a Divas tag team champ.

I know this is crazy, but what about a King of the Ring style tournament? Get the top 8 Divas (Paige, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Tamina, Naomi, Alicia, and throw in Summer Rae to make 8). Have Paige/Rae, Charlotte/Tamina, Sasha/Alicia, and Becky/Naomi take place on Raw and Smackdown one week. Following Week you have the Semi's on Raw (Paige/Charlotte, Sasha/Becky) with the finals on a PPV with the winner getting a shot at Nikki at the same PPV (Night of Champions to allow Nikki to break AJ's record).

I know having that much Diva action is asking a lot, but this group could probably pull it off and it could be pretty interesting to have someone like Paige win the two matches in one night to take the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back