• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did the WWE feel sorry for the Miz?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
We all know the Miz from the "Real World" reality show on MTV and other reality shows along the way. The Miz made his long awaited WWE debut in 2005-6 as a on-screen charactor. Being the former host of Smackdown. Fueding against the likes of the Boogeyman before getting drafted to the ECW brand. But prior to then the Miz had a hard time in the WWE locker room being had the Miz came across other wrestlers.

Like eating a peice of chicken over someone elses travel bag isn't the best way to make new friends. And with the Miz being so young & cocky, disrespecting the wrestling industry that you work in isn't the best way either. The Miz learned that after the late Chris Benoit kicked the Miz out of the WWE locker room by force for what the Miz had said. And JBL was such a bully backstage he'll just pick on anybody.

It wasn't unti'l the Miz got a break from the WWE to receive a mini-push for the Miz on the ECW brand by making the Miz a contender for the ECW title and then pairing him with John Morrison. Now on Raw as a singles wrestle, the Miz is getting the push of a lifetime as a various U.S. champion and holding on to the Money in the Bank contract.

Now I'm just thinking to myself after what the Miz has been through in the WWE thus far, did the WWE really just felt bad for the Miz? This young punk who can one day be a big a star as a Chris Jericho or even a Shawn Michaels??

I wouldn't say that no. I would say it was just a way of getting Miz to respect the business. And to let him pay his dues slowly in that manner. With time everybody is gonna get some kind of push, and it was time for Miz. He is a great worker for the business, inside as well as outside of the ring. He makes public appearances a lot. As well as he is a decent in-ring talent with great charisma. Everything that Miz is getting now is totally warranted.

Miz has worked hard to get where he is today. And the thing he is getting rewarded with now is due to that. He might not have had the proper respect for the business, but the wrestlers made sure he got it. That was his way of paying dues while slowly building himself outside of the backstage area.

So no. WWE didn't feel sorry for Miz. He got noticed for the things he did with time, and that is why he's rewarded.

I'm going to agree with Ferbian on this one. While the Miz hasn't had a spectacular match to warrant this push, his mic work, charisma, and all around dedication to the WWE has proven that he wants to be there and he has matured enough to deserve the respect from the locker room. Like Ferbian said, it was only a matter of time for the Miz to get a push as long as he grown to have respect for the wrestlers before him and in time they would return those feelings. The Miz has shown that he deserves this push more than anyone with his work out of the ring more than anything else.

Miz is getting his push because he is entertaining. That's about it. He has consistently been entertaining both in the ring and out. He hasn't had his defining match yet but he also hasn't had any super long, heated singles feuds yet either. If the WWE gave pushes and or titles to people they feel sorry for than Zack Gowen would have been a world champion. Miz is marketable and profitable. That's the reason they are pushing him. I doubt there is much more to it than that. He makes a ton of public appearances and represents the company well. Vince is apparently high on him right now and if you've got the big mans love than you've got it made.

We don't know yet where Miz will end up in the grand scheme of things if he ends up there at all. Right now, he is improving and is definitely one of the more entertaining parts of Raw every monday. He is being rewarded for that.

I agree with everyone above he earned the push he is getting now. From what I've read he has busted his ass doing promotional work for the company. He wasn't well liked in the beginning because veterans didn't feel that he deserved to be there and was cocky. However I think he has proven himself to everyone including Vince. That's way he's getting a major push. I don't think Vince would push anyone out of pity.

No I think it's because they know that he's quite charismatic and really confident on the mic also he is pretty good in the ring. The WWE need more younger stars for the future right ?? Well I guess The Miz is one of them.

The Miz has earned to be where he is today. The Miz, since his Tough Enough days, has always shown that he had a desire to be in the WWE. Even if he was cocky and/or arrogant, he still showed respect for the WWE in his own way. When he was banned from the WWE locker room, it did not stop him from trying to persue his life long dream.

The Miz got to where he is in the business because he earned his way there. The Miz is charismatic, entertaining, has amazing mic skills, and is a pretty descent wrestler. On top of that, he started making public appearances and promoting the WWE. I remember seeing in a WZ article that this is exactly what John Cena did to win Vince over. Thus, getting him to where he is today. And I believe thats exactly what the Miz is doing because he wants to be the next "poster boy" for the company.

The WWE isn't giving the Miz a push because they feel sorry for him; They are giving him the push because he has shown that he has what it takes to be at the top. The Miz has earned everything he has accomplished. And as of right now, he will only keep on getting better.

This push is in no way the WWE's apology to the Miz for everything that has happened to him in the past. The reason for this major push, is because he has top workers like John Cena behind him. He has also been a very hard worker for the WWE lately, he is sort of like a second John Cena for them when it comes to working for the company. He is always on the road not only doing house shows, but going to different events for interviews, autographs signings, and promoting the business. The Miz has become on of the WWE's biggest superstars not only because of what he can do inside the ring, but also because of what he can do outside of the ring.

The Miz did something that is very uncommon. He went from acting to wrestling. It's always been the other way around. He flat out admitted several times that he was banned from the locker room, but was that a case of his attitude, him being too big for his britches and that he had to smarten up? I would say that was probably the main reason. More then anything, he had the potential but matured and realized if he wanted to live out his dream he had to wake up and stop acting like a child.

It also helps that he's tireless worker like Cena and will do anything to help the WWE. IE promoting etc.

The WWE doesn't have sympathy for people, they care about money. They wouldn't have gave Miz a push if he didn't deserve it. And he did deserve it, because he has become a great heel.

You're right, at first, he wasn't really that good. However, recently, he has grown to be a well-rounded pro-wrestler. He receives great heat, has good mic ability, and is decent in the ring.

In conclusion, you are underestimating the skills that the miz has, and overestimating the amount of sympathy the WWE has (they're after the dollar, nothing more, nothing less).

I don't think that they felt sorry for him, because it seems like if you are a rookie who gets heat in the locker room it doesn't get you a push. Look what happened when Kofi pissed off Orton. Maybe the fact that he faced all of that and kept working earned him some respect. My problem with Miz is that it seems he has to have a title (or two) around his waist to stay relevant.

No, I don't think so. I think Miz got the point that he had to earn respect and busted his ass to get it. Miz has tried harder than anyone to become a great heel, and become great on the mic. At first he was terrible in pretty much every aspect, but his work with Morrison made him a better wrestler, his feud with Cena made him better on the mic, and he decided to stop dressing like a jackass and employed some real wrestling attire. Miz has worked harder than anyone, and he deserves the push he's getting.

BC hit the nail on the head!! vince mcmahon didnt make all his money by feeling sorry for people! if the miz was banned from the locker room by his peers then he probably deserved it but it may have been the making of him. all those nights he spent changing in a bathroom must have given him the kick up the arse he needed. i am not a huge fan of the miz but his improvement since he and john morrisson broke up has been brilliant, i still don't think he is a believable as a main eventer. keep him in the u.s championship picture for another year to breed life into the mid-card, its hard to give a shit about the mid-card these days not like the good oul days of british bulldog, mr perfect,ted dibiase, roddy piper etc. the miz can make the mid-card more than just a footnote (the divas are getting as much on air????? wtf)
the miz is doin great now but dont push him to the stars yet, bret's push was a very slow burner so why not let the miz wait a bit and hone his craft to perfection!! defo not gettin 'sympathy' from the high ups maybe its the complete opposite??????

The Miz is getting a push just like how Cena got his push. Cena's matches werent that memorable (not going to say he cant wrestle cause guaranteed 80% of the wwe locker room have never wrestled a single match and all use the same moves every match), but Cena's mic work charisma and work ethic pushed him to the moon. Now the miz still has yet to win me over, mainly cause im confused at his name cause his name doesnt sound like a main eventer (idk im weird like that i guess), but i can see him going far, he keeps me interested when he talks and i even laugh sometimes. He is improving little by little in the ring, but until i see a decent match that i could actually remember, I just dont buy into him.

im sure the miz is exactly what the wwe is doing for him hes a very good wrestler and has amazingly great mic skills. hes on the rise and aint looking back.

LOL, no. Since when has the WWE felt bad for anyone and subsequently given them a push? Ummm...NEVER. And no Rey doesn't count. His first title run was part of the capitalization of Eddie's death, IMO.
The Miz has just worked his ass off. He EARNED it. Now don't go saying I'm queer for the Miz. I give him so much credit and respect because he forced me to be a fan of his. I hated that fucker with a special kind of hate. I wanted to see bad things done to him. This is how much I detested the guy. WOW, what a fucking differencea few years makes. The Miz is a reason to watch. Miz has shown such a drastic improvement in every single aspect of his game it deserves nothing less then a standing "O".
Miz is where he is at because of his outstanding will to be a ligit WWE Superstar. He EARNED IT, period.

I do not think WWE felt sorry for the MIZ, guy went from what reality tv to being a wrestler despite all the slack from the locker room he did not tuck his tail and quit he kept going on improving a great deal from when he first came to WWE.

He has work with top stars like Cena and others which I am pretty sure helped him, look what happen to Mr. Kennedy, Orton claims he dropped him on his head or something and for what I heard got him fired, Kennedy claims he never did and watched the tape over and over, long story short, the top starts Miz have wrestled with must of said good things about working with him or he would of been buried.

No, because in the eyes of the WWE there is nothing to feel sorry about. In the eyes of wrestlers and Vince, paying dues is necessary in this business and is something that everyone has to do or they won't know enough about the business and want it enough to have it. They probably did it too because the 2005-06 period was only a year or so after Lesnar left so they wanted to make sure anyone else they gave a push to that came in new were going to stick around. By doing this they were probably trying to see what kind of person they had with the Miz so that if they were to push him he wouldnt make his money and go back off to MTV.

I think he fully warrants his push. His ring work is improving all the time; when he has a mic in his hand, people listen to his promos and he has tons of charisma. If you push people out of charity then you'll go bust, people have to have the ability for it, to make money.

The Miz is one of the better workers that the WWE have that's rising through the ranks and thus far deserves everything he has received. One of those accolades isn't sorrow... not by a long shot.

Every time The Miz walks through the curtain people are entertained by him. You give him the stick, expect him to ooze charisma. He has a character that gets everyone interested into him. I haven't seen a situation that Miz has been in which doesn't get my attention because he plays his character very well to the point where it makes people legitimately think that it is him talking, not his wrestling persona. You take away the ability of The Miz to talk and this argument still doesn't reign true. He is a safe worker who hasn't got himself injured or abused the Wellness Policy, nor has he been the sole cause of another person's injury. He goes in the ring and does whatever you want him to do, as well as gaining a reaction from the fans. His move-set is something that most ME players, including the faces of the company of the years, use. He normally doesn't utilise his array of moves, but they are all effective.

The Miz isn't getting pushed because the WWE feels sorry for him. They are doing it because he deserves it and is good enough to be at the top soon. Hell, if the WWE started having feelings towards their talents other than business-related, Daniel Byran would have never of been fired and he'd be pushed higher than Wade Barrett.

I agree with everyone above he earned the push he is getting now. From what I've read he has busted his ass doing promotional work for the company. He wasn't well liked in the beginning because veterans didn't feel that he deserved to be there and was cocky. However I think he has proven himself to everyone including Vince. That's way he's getting a major push. I don't think Vince would push anyone out of pity.

Depends on how you look at it. Obviously about 5 years ago, he didn't believe in Matt hearrdy or he wouldn't have released him. Then he gets a petition etc, and brings hardy back in a huge fued with edge. Sounds like pity to me. But in my opinion Miz probably wont get to the title, unless they keep this prestigious money in the bank hype going, that's pity. Miz just isn't a believable champion. I guess it's his weak moveset especially his finisher, or his small frame. Idk, Mysterio doesn't count because he was given the title for the same reason that Miz will get it if he gets it. He's entertaining, mic and storyline wise nothing more.

I agree that Miz has earned his shot, however as to the fact that Vince has never push anyone because he felt sorry for them, well that isn't true. Look at the push of Rey Mysterio after Eddie Guerrero died, Rey didn't deserve the world title but he got in large part of Vince feeling sorry for him.

I agree that Miz has earned his shot, however as to the fact that Vince has never push anyone because he felt sorry for them, well that isn't true. Look at the push of Rey Mysterio after Eddie Guerrero died, Rey didn't deserve the world title but he got in large part of Vince feeling sorry for him.

One of the most horrible posts ive ever seen on the internet, let alone wrestlzone.

Rey never deserved a title shot? Dear god, what else does he have to do apart from be a crowd favourite, one of the best wrestlers in the last 20 years, probably the best wrestler from mexico in years and constantly have good to great matches.

Also with the Miz.

He was thrown in with Morrison because both didnt really have anything going for them, but worked really well together and became one of the best tag teams we've seen in a Long long time. He came in as a cocky little bastard, pissed off everyone and then worked his way up, every article i see about him has something about his extreme work ethic and you can see his in-ring ability went from non-existant to decent-good,

Felt sorry for him? I dont think so, hes obviously worked harder then a lot of guys and he's seeing the reward for it. Good on him, he seems to want it more so you cannot bad-mouth him in that respect.

I think he has earned his push aswell, I think he actually realised he was fucking up his career when he was disrespecting the locker room, so he has made a change. The board probably noticed this, so they decided to reward him, with a future world title!

I don't think the WWE felt sorry for The Miz at all. The Miz learned respect in the wrestling business, particularly working for the biggest wrestling company in the world, the hard way. The Miz being kicked out of the WWE locker room, being dressed down by various WWE veterans, feuding with the likes of the Boogeyman, etc. was The Miz paying his dues. The Miz was a young, cocky guy that, quite probably, figured that wrestling would be an easy gig and a way to earn some big easy money.

The Miz being treated the way he was treated was ultimately good for him in the long run because it was the perfect insentive to prove himself. He's worked very hard to prove that he's the real deal and that's what the WWE wants. The WWE is a business and despite all the various IWC nonsense you might hear, the WWE isn't going to give somebody a push unless they think they've really got what it takes. If the WWE didn't believe in Sheamus, they wouldn't have given him a chance and it's the same with The Miz.

I wouldn't think so. When Miz first got to the company, I don't think anyone really thought he was going to be anything in wrestling at all. Even he might have just seen it as a temporary thing that he would try his hand at and if it didn't work he would go and do something else. He may have been immature in the locker room at first and not gotten it, but that's simply called being young.

Since then though, Miz has had no apparent issues and has shown that he has the talent to make a go of it in WWE. The company thinks so and he's risen up the ranks very well. Today's wrestling world isn't like the old days and paying dues isn't something that can easily be done. There are far fewer small companies to go to in order to travel the roads up and down like was done in the old days. No matter who you are, save for a few select names, you're going to FCW where you learn the WWE style. Miz went to DSW and paid his dues there like anyone else in today's modern wrestling world. WWE didn't give him a break. He did well in what he was put in and has done so ever since. He belongs where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back