• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did anybody else sense ring rust from Tommy Dreamer?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but based on what I've seen tonight, I believe Tommy Dreamer was better as a part of, *sigh* WWECW. I know, I know, let the hate comments begin, but he was way more athletic last year. But Dreamer has only had 1 match in TNA and I hope that ring rust disappears very, very soon.

So my question is: Did you guys notice this too? Or am I just seeing things?

And are you guys concerned that Dreamer's age will catch up with him in the near future?

Some of it may be ring rust and age but to me him looking not so good in the ring was due to a torn Mcl he suffered during the Ecw Brawl a couple weeks ago. That is the main reason and not rust or age.

I was live (better than dead) in the Impact Zone for the match and your observations are correct. I was a bit suprized by his performance, it looks like he is on the down side of his bell curve. Thats not to say he's at the bottom of the curve, but his age is begining to show. He looked like a deer in the headlights at times. I'm sure he will get some training in before the ppv and we will witness one hell of a match.

Ric-Flair.jpg
[/IMG]

man i was waiting for somebody to bring that up,lol because as i was watching it, it didn't look like he wore the same attire or it looks like he just put something on..and when was the last time he wrestle???? i remember readin somebody else comment sayin that they saw dreamer wrestling a match and that he looked rusted in the ring. I thought it was maybe he was nervous or something, and when i saw him running from rope to rope it looked awkward

man i was waiting for somebody to bring that up,lol because as i was watching it, it didn't look like he wore the same attire or it looks like he just put something on..and when was the last time he wrestle???? i remember readin somebody else comment sayin that they saw dreamer wrestling a match and that he looked rusted in the ring. I thought it was maybe he was nervous or something, and when i saw him running from rope to rope it looked awkward

Exactly. That's when I really noticed it and started to doubt his skills. But Joe's right as well, it could be the torn MCL as well.

Exactly. That's when I really noticed it and started to doubt his skills. But Joe's right as well, it could be the torn MCL as well.

also what's up with raven's stomach, how much drugs or drinking has he been doing recently??? as soon as he came out not surprising what was going to happen, but i happen to notice the size of his stomach, what happen???

Besides his torn MCl, I really haven't noticed a difference between now and before. His matches were never really 5 star in the first place, so I didn't notice. I noticed Raven's stomach more then Dreamer's stomach. I know Dreamer has a belly on him, but he has always had the same build pretty much for the past 5 to 10 years.

Ring rust? He's got a torn MCL, man – I dare you to try to wrestle, let alone walk, with a torn MCL that you refuse to have surgery on.

Dreamer looked a little out of shape, and he's certainly gained a few pounds, but I'm pretty damn positive that a torn MCL is the biggest reason for any "ring rust" you think you saw.

also what's up with raven's stomach, how much drugs or drinking has he been doing recently??? as soon as he came out not surprising what was going to happen, but i happen to notice the size of his stomach, what happen???

You obviously haven't seen Raven in a while. He has a thyroid condition that makes weight a big issue for him. I thought Raven's look tonight was the best he has physically looked compared to any other time I have seen him in the past few years.

well yall can say its ring rust or age or even that ecw brawl thing but the fact is tommy dreamer sucks. he is worse than satino in the ring and thats saying something. the only good thing dreamer is good for is to get his ass kicked a good 15 min, get in a few good moves, then get bloodied, then pinned

lol when was the last time he wrestled? a cpl months ago wasnt it? yeh hes gonna get sooo much ring rust lol! its obviously because he is injured! as for miz_is_awesome69 do u just like everything you are told to like? i bet if i told you that everybody thought chris benoit was entertaining you would believe that too lol!

well yall can say its ring rust or age or even that ecw brawl thing but the fact is tommy dreamer sucks. he is worse than satino in the ring and thats saying something. the only good thing dreamer is good for is to get his ass kicked a good 15 min, get in a few good moves, then get bloodied, then pinned

I am going to have to agree with you, i have seen ECW clips with this guy Tommy Dreamer, but he ain't all that like you said he only good for gettin his ass kicked for a good 15 minutes. I mean the way he was wrestling tonight was like he wasn't even tryin..No matter what excuse we can create for him, he still sucks..now if this is something what they call "a little taste" if this is what we going to expect..i am not going to me making excuses but with my own eyes what i saw tonight... i am not even impress not one bit, i don't care if he injured should have waited till next week if that was the case

Dude! He is injured. Chill on the guy. Tommy could barely get down the ramp last week. Torn MCL and he was running all over the place. You try doing that. Give him some damn credit. He was never the greatest wrestler but he's one tough s.o.b.!

Ring rust? Really? What I detected was a talented wrestler who is dedicated to his craft work through a match with a painful injury. Injury aside, it was still one hell of a match...I definitely hope that Abyss & Tommy get a rematch sometime down the road, they worked well together and put on a good show given the circumstances. Thats actually the best match that I've seen Abyss in for quite sometime.....

It was definetly the injury. there was even times where he would be wincing and stuff. He looked hurt. When he ran on that low dropkick in the corner he looked slow and he looked in pain when he got up. I thinks its only the injury

lol when was the last time he wrestled? a cpl months ago wasnt it? yeh hes gonna get sooo much ring rust lol! its obviously because he is injured! as for miz_is_awesome69 do u just like everything you are told to like? i bet if i told you that everybody thought chris benoit was entertaining you would believe that too lol!

u didnt think chris benoit was entertaining??? i bet u go to raw events and say cena is the best

lol woww TNA is juz a joke.. they are pushin TOMMY dreamer.. who was in "ECW"..no im not talkin but the xcore ECW we love..im talkin bout the one with the nice pUrple belt that WWE branded as the "bitch" of the company lol.. Tommy was great at hiis ERA..TNA does not get that u cant bring back a wrestler's prime just by blastin him on TV all the time. Yes tommy is rusty. Yes tommy is old and u cant change that. He was a hell of a wrestler before but going on TNA tommy.. its juz ruinin ur crediability.. THEY are ruining your name. Its really not his fault cuz TNA fucks up with everything. Fuck them for again makin another much of wrestlers look like shit. Instead of Tommy gettin air time why cant he just stay in the back? Talk to the upcoming wrestlers. Give them some encouragement. That could go a long way. Instead of taking all the airtime and making people like WolFe , EC, Pope, etc feel like they dun matter. The day they push people like Wolfe to main event just ONE pay pre view... Is the day they are going to get better ratings and the day i can say "I TOLD U SO U FUCKIN MORONS"..but that day aint comin cuz im sry but Dixie is a idiot...BUt not as big as a moron as Hogan..the poison of the wrestling business...STAY FAR FAR AWAY HEYMAN UR POOP IS WORTH MORE THAN THE IMPACT ZONE

As much as I love ECW, all these guys are well past their wrestling prime and most have had limited matches in the past few years. This ain't the 90's, you can only be so hardcore when you're slightly out of shape and age is whuppin your ass. I'll take what I can get.

I'd say that there was some ring rust and some of it was due to his knee injury. However, I don't really think Dreamer's knee being 100% would have made all that much of a difference in his performance last night. Dreamer has never exactly been dynamic when it comes to his in-ring ability and the match in and of itself was just extremely watered down.

Yeah that match was pretty terrible. Garbage can lids and cookie sheets were some crazy stuff back in 93 but not so much nowadays. I think the biggest issue with Dreamer is just that he's done. He's been done for awhile now really but nobody seems to care.

Ring rust? He's got a torn MCL, man – I dare you to try to wrestle, let alone walk, with a torn MCL that you refuse to have surgery on.

Dreamer looked a little out of shape, and he's certainly gained a few pounds, but I'm pretty damn positive that a torn MCL is the biggest reason for any "ring rust" you think you saw.

Fair enough, IDR, I get what you're saying. But if his torn MCL is that restrictive to him, perhaps he shouldn't be in the main event of the evening. Perhaps he shouldn't be an integral part of the next PPV which is basically being built around him for God knows what reason.

A little out of shape? Gained a few pounds? Look man, I know I can be a little critical of TNA on occasion, but that was pathetic and actually made me a little sad to watch it. He really looked like an old man unable to let go of the past, too naive to know that it's time to hang the boots up.

I know Dreamer is really not that old but by wrestling standards he is, especially when you consider what he's put his body through over the years. He's drastically out of shape, which I'm sure is largely knee related, but he was never exactly in tip top shape even in his "prime."

He was slow. He looked like he was just going through the motions. My son commented that the whole match looked like it was in slow motion. It was not ring rust, it was Dreamer's inadequacies being highlighted in the main event.

At least in WWECW, he was basically behind the scenes, wrestling an occasional match on the third brand, not main eventing the lone brand. His opponent didn't help either, as they have screwed up Abyss's character beyond repair.

Any nostalgic feelings I may have had after Dreamer's promo last week are gone. This is going to be a sad and pathetic trip down memory lane, and I for one won't be watching. I would rather remember these guys as they were, not have my last view of them be this.

Fair enough, IDR, I get what you're saying. But if his torn MCL is that restrictive to him, perhaps he shouldn't be in the main event of the evening. Perhaps he shouldn't be an integral part of the next PPV which is basically being built around him for God knows what reason.

A little out of shape? Gained a few pounds? Look man, I know I can be a little critical of TNA on occasion, but that was pathetic and actually made me a little sad to watch it. He really looked like an old man unable to let go of the past, too naive to know that it's time to hang the boots up.

I know Dreamer is really not that old but by wrestling standards he is, especially when you consider what he's put his body through over the years. He's drastically out of shape, which I'm sure is largely knee related, but he was never exactly in tip top shape even in his "prime."

He was slow. He looked like he was just going through the motions. My son commented that the whole match looked like it was in slow motion. It was not ring rust, it was Dreamer's inadequacies being highlighted in the main event.

At least in WWECW, he was basically behind the scenes, wrestling an occasional match on the third brand, not main eventing the lone brand. His opponent didn't help either, as they have screwed up Abyss's character beyond repair.

Any nostalgic feelings I may have had after Dreamer's promo last week are gone. This is going to be a sad and pathetic trip down memory lane, and I for one won't be watching. I would rather remember these guys as they were, not have my last view of them be this.

Fans say otherwise – they loved that match, and Dreamer has never been a dream-like wrestler in his history, so if you went into the main event last night thinking you were going to get a five-star, hell, even a four-star match, you were sadly mistaken, and quite obviously disappointed when it didn't happen, but you were also dead wrong to hope for it – that's like walking into a ghetto wearing a Klan robe and hoping you don't get jumped/beaten/stabbed/killed for it.

I get it, habs, I do – you hate old wrestlers. I really do get it, I just don't understand why you put yourself through this week-after-week as you obviously don't like what TNA puts out. I hate what the WWE puts out, which is exactly why I don't watch it, and in the event I do, it's on DVR where I have the ability to fast-forward. I tend to make it through most WWE programming in 15-25 minutes as a result.

Should that match have been the main event? Well, considering Dreamer is both the reason for and the drive behind the Hardcore Justice PPV, yeah, I'd say it was his place to be in the main event there, torn MCL or not. What would you rather have been in it's place – AJ & Fortune? Something that may not even be featured at Hardcore Justice?

Fans say otherwise – they loved that match, and Dreamer has never been a dream-like wrestler in his history, so if you went into the main event last night thinking you were going to get a five-star, hell, even a four-star match, you were sadly mistaken, and quite obviously disappointed when it didn't happen, but you were also dead wrong to hope for it – that's like walking into a ghetto wearing a Klan robe and hoping you don't get jumped/beaten/stabbed/killed for it.

I get it, habs, I do – you hate old wrestlers. I really do get it, I just don't understand why you put yourself through this week-after-week as you obviously don't like what TNA puts out. I hate what the WWE puts out, which is exactly why I don't watch it, and in the event I do, it's on DVR where I have the ability to fast-forward. I tend to make it through most WWE programming in 15-25 minutes as a result.

Should that match have been the main event? Well, considering Dreamer is both the reason for and the drive behind the Hardcore Justice PPV, yeah, I'd say it was his place to be in the main event there, torn MCL or not. What would you rather have been in it's place – AJ & Fortune? Something that may not even be featured at Hardcore Justice?

Really, IDR? Fans say otherwise? They loved that match? Are you seriously telling me that you enjoyed that match and feel that it was of suitable quality to main event your lone weekly television show? With all due respect, despite our differing views of the TNA product, I find this difficult to believe, I really do. Outside of yourself, Reddannihilation, the guys in the iMPACT zone, and a few others, I doubt there were very many guys who liked this dribble.

Of course I didn't expect a 4 or 5 star match from Tommy Dreamer. He didn't have beyond a 2 or 3 star match in his arsenal even in his prime and let's face it, having seen his match last night, his better days are well behind him. John Morrison's entrance on RAW is faster than Dreamer's movement throughout the whole match last night. I just don't get why this was the main event. I know they have to hype their upcoming PPV, but if this was a precursor of this PPV, last night's match will turn away more viewers than it gained.

I don't hate old wrestlers actually, I just hate it when guys stay on too long and discredit their past accomplishments by sticking around when their better days are behind them. This would apply to MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, or whatever. I loved Rick Middleton back in the day, but I wouldn't want him returning to the Bruins now, that would be sad. I don't want Jordan to come back to try to challenge the Heat. So I don't like it when Flair, or Sting, or Hogan, or any other Band members or ECW guys do the same. Just like I hope Taker calls it quits soon too. I wouldn't want to see him headlining a PPV or main eventing a WWE show in 2020.

And you know, unfortunately, I don't watch an entire episode of iMPACT anymore, and I really haven't since the end of the Monday Night Wars version 2.0 ended shortly after it began. I was becoming a fan in late 2009, but then Jan 04 came and it's been all downhill since then. Which is really disappointing to me as I thought with Styles, Pope, Wolfe, and guys like that, with a veteran presence as well, would provide an alternative to WWE which would allow me to enjoy both. Maybe something involving young innovative and exciting guys like this would be main event worthy, not this tribute-like return to the glory days which let's face it were not that glorious to begin with.

Beer Money vs MCMG, that would have been a much better main event than what we were subjected to last night. Unless you found Raven attacking and then licking Tommy Dreamer to be main event worthy after a less than stellar match with the "monster" who has been anything but monstrous throughout 2010.

Really, IDR? Fans say otherwise? They loved that match? Are you seriously telling me that you enjoyed that match and feel that it was of suitable quality to main event your lone weekly television show? With all due respect, despite our differing views of the TNA product, I find this difficult to believe, I really do. Outside of yourself, Reddannihilation, the guys in the iMPACT zone, and a few others, I doubt there were very many guys who liked this dribble.

Yes, I enjoyed it, and it's "drivel", not "dribble". Dribbling is what you do to a basketball. Drivel is silly nonsense.

Again, under most circumstances is this a main event quality match? Probably not, but considering the circumstances around Hardcore Justice, yes, it made sense to place it where it was.

Of course I didn't expect a 4 or 5 star match from Tommy Dreamer. He didn't have beyond a 2 or 3 star match in his arsenal even in his prime and let's face it, having seen his match last night, his better days are well behind him. John Morrison's entrance on RAW is faster than Dreamer's movement throughout the whole match last night. I just don't get why this was the main event. I know they have to hype their upcoming PPV, but if this was a precursor of this PPV, last night's match will turn away more viewers than it gained.

See above.

I don't hate old wrestlers actually, I just hate it when guys stay on too long and discredit their past accomplishments by sticking around when their better days are behind them. This would apply to MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, or whatever. I loved Rick Middleton back in the day, but I wouldn't want him returning to the Bruins now, that would be sad. I don't want Jordan to come back to try to challenge the Heat. So I don't like it when Flair, or Sting, or Hogan, or any other Band members or ECW guys do the same. Just like I hope Taker calls it quits soon too. I wouldn't want to see him headlining a PPV or main eventing a WWE show in 2020.

I fail to see the difference in your explanation – you don't hate old wrestlers, but you hate old wrestlers who still wrestle? How are they old wrestlers if they don't wrestle?

Beer Money vs MCMG, that would have been a much better main event than what we were subjected to last night. Unless you found Raven attacking and then licking Tommy Dreamer to be main event worthy after a less than stellar match with the "monster" who has been anything but monstrous throughout 2010.

And Beer Money v. MCMG won't culminate at Hardcore Justice – they have a scheduled "game five" in their best-of-five (in the event it's needed, which means it will happen) at the "special" August 12th episode of iMPACT! which will feature what would have been the card for Hard Justice that became Hardcore Justice when Dreamer requested one more night.

Oh, and I'm a Raven mark. Anytime he shows up, it's gold for me.

And you know, unfortunately, I don't watch an entire episode of iMPACT anymore, and I really haven't since the end of the Monday Night Wars version 2.0 ended shortly after it began. I was becoming a fan in late 2009, but then Jan 04 came and it's been all downhill since then. Which is really disappointing to me as I thought with Styles, Pope, Wolfe, and guys like that, with a veteran presence as well, would provide an alternative to WWE which would allow me to enjoy both. Maybe something involving young innovative and exciting guys like this would be main event worthy, not this tribute-like return to the glory days which let's face it were not that glorious to begin with.

I think i know what you are trying to say. An example is when they had flair and AJ styles vs Hogan and Abyss as a main event match, i saw the match and it looked like they were way past their prime time. It didn't look good enough to say that the still have it in them. Everybody knows Hogan is done, can barely walk because of his back, he might want to stay away from the ring. see guys like Flair and Hogan the only reason why they went to TNA is because they need money. As for Sting he done so much for TNA, question is what can he do right now for TNA??

as for Tommy Dreamer, since we all making excuses for him, if the man is injured he shouldn't be in the main event match, put Stevie Richards or somebody else, if he wasn't injured we will be see the same results. the way i see it hatehabsforever is simply tryin to say stay retired and do something else instead of talking or asking for One Night, the last stand..it won't be the same as it was back in the 90s putting their body's on the line like before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back