Dexter

I kind of have this theory that Hannah and Oliver are working together. Hannah does not love Dexter and wants revenge. Revenge is actually too mild a word. She wants to ruin Dexter. The only way to do this, Hannah feels, is to kill everyone Dex cares about, both Debra and Harrison. Her acting all lovey dovey to Dex was just a ruse to isolate Debra and Dexter.

Because as we know from the spoilers, Debra will get killed while Dex is planning to leave with Hannah and Harrison. Hannah, in the meantime has disposed Harrison. Dex goes after The Brain Surgeon where the Brain Surgeon drugs him. Dexter wakes up to find himself wrapped up in plastic. Hannah and Oliver basically talk *beep* to him and kill him

The twist....last scene is that Miami Metro surround the house where Hannah and Oliver are. Dexter realized everything but knowing that Debra and Harrison, the two people he cared for most, are dead and the fact that he can never fulfill his dream of leading a normal life, basically commits suicide by giving in to Hannah and Oliver. But he was never going to let Hannnah and Oliver live after what they have done. Therefore he left clues for both Quinn and Batista which enabled them to discover Hannah and Oliver. I don't know how exactly this will pan out. Maybe he will leave a message that will be sent to Batista and Quinn after a certain amount of time.

Call me crazy but I did not hate this week's episode. The Saxon/ Vogel story could have been pretty good had this happened around the 5th episode. Now it just seems like too little too late.

What annoys me are the subplots. I don't care one bit for Quinn/ Jamie/ Masuka/ Nikki, etc. And the fact that, Hannah could have done something to mask her appearance at the hospital.

Also, how do you cut yourself up so bad after falling from the treadmill?

It wasn't terrible but I had 2 problems with it. Firstly Hannah going to the hospital was dumb as hell, frankly the whole story of hiding in Miami has been fucking ridiculous. Secondly, I felt Vogel had a lot more to offer as a character and I'm disappointed to see her go without a bit more exploration.

BTW, who do you guys reckon is saying "Drop It" in the promo? Sounds like Matthews or The Marshall to me.

Also, who the hell actually thinks Quinn is likable? I wonder why they made his story so prominent. If you had to give a secondary character some airtime, the best option would have been Batista. That guy is actually likable.

Shame about Misuka's daughter and the weed, really hope to expand on that important storyline in the final two episodes of the series.

The backlash for this has to be seen to be believed. Not a single person is defending this season. People are calling it the show with th biggest downswing of all time.

On top of it all, I believe that there is something called the Writers Room, a show where writers talk about their show and writers of Dexter are going on as if they are doing the best thing ever.

Would really like to know what some long time fans like JMT, IDR and Coco think of this crapfest.

It's been disappointing, but not as awful as a lot people are acting like it is.

A show like Dexter is like WWE with its audience. The loudest, most vocal people are those who post on internet messageboards, but it's still only a small portion of the fanbase. Dexter is still extremely popular and all you have to do is look at their Facebook and Amazon reviews of the last few seasons to see that the "normal" Dexter fans out there love the show unconditionally, especially the female audience.

But Dexter simply stuck around too long. 8 seasons is a very long time to be on the air, especially for a continuing story like Dexter is. Of course you're not going to remain in high quality over a period of that long. It's pretty much impossible. Not to mention this last season was extremely rushed (only a few months for the writers to write this final season), so the network is mostly at fault if you're not enjoying the product (remember as I mentioned earlier, it was also the network who gave Dexter a new showrunner and writers after a cliffhanging season 4, which made zero sense).

Anyways, my personal opinion of season 8 is that it hasn't been very good, but not terrible either. Dexter the character is still fun to watch, and I stay intrigued throughout the show, even if I'm not always satisfied with the final result.

I personally think that the 7th season was great. This season is OK but the main problem are the subplots and the fact that Hannah is not someone people want to see Dexter end up with. I mean, in all fairness she did try to poison Deb and Dexter trying to ride off into the sunset with her makes him look like an idiot.

What do you reckon of the numerous finale spoilers JMT( if you hace read any of them)? They seem too outrageously bad to be true.

This season is OK but the main problem are the subplots

I read sometime ago that the actors have it in their contracts that they get a certain amount of air time each season, so the writers are forced to involve them even if they don't want to, which explains the Masuka storyline this season.

and the fact that Hannah is not someone people want to see Dexter end up with. I mean, in all fairness she did try to poison Deb and Dexter trying to ride off into the sunset with her makes him look like an idiot.

The only thing that bothers me about the Hannah storyline is how they refuse to put her in some kind of disguise. Seriously, how ******ed can she be not to even just dye her hair?

As far as Dexter ending up with her... that doesn't bother me since they need a situation like this if they want to give the show a happy ending, or even just a believable tease about there being a happy ending..

What do you reckon of the numerous finale spoilers JMT( if you hace read any of them)? They seem too outrageously bad to be true.

I've avoided them. The only thing I ever caught was that Deb was going to die in episode 9, but of course that turned out not to be true.

I thought that this week's episode was rather good. Not season 1,2,4 territory but one of the better ones of the season. Once you kind of buy into the Dexter losing his urge thing, it doesn't seem too bad. I am also starting to like this Saxon character. But it would have been a lot better had a better actor played him. Have any of you seen him earlier?

Also felt that this one was one of MCH's best performances in the season. Certainly excited for the finale and I am really hoping Deb survives though it looks bleak for her.

I'll prefer his ending too. He says he'll post it on reddit on Monday.

Still, if he says the original ending is powerful, then it gives me some hope for the finale.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high as I don't agree with the man on everything.

For instance, season two is my favourite season. For me, four felt like business-as-usual that was elevated by a great guest star. Massively overrated.

I don't think anything could redeem Season 8 now. After all the potential it had, it's delivered nothing, nothing at all.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high as I don't agree with the man on everything.

For instance, season two is my favourite season. For me, four felt like business-as-usual that was elevated by a great guest star. Massively overrated.

I rate both season 1 and 2 above 4. 4 is, like you said, all about John Lithgow and the ending. I haven't seen that season since it's original airing and the only thing I remember after Lundy getting shot is the Thanksgiving episode. The middle part of that season was kinda dull.

Another thing that gives me a little hope is that even the new writers have come up with good endings in the past even if the seasons haven't been that great. Both 6 and 7 had good endings....

At the very least, we should all be able to take solace in the fact that season six was a far, far weaker season than our current one. I still wake up in cold sweats terrified by the slim prospect that someone might one day force me at gunpoint to re-watch Nebraska. I think I might just opt for the bullet.

Season 6 was dumb and unintentionally funny. But the worst part, in my opinion, was that a shrink told Debra that it was OK for her to sleep with Dexter. Maybe I am taking it too seriously, but that is a big middle finger towards family values. It is still wrong to think of your sibling in that manner, adopted or otherwise.

Scarier part was that people were actually rooting for it.

Also, Coco, about season 6 and Nebraska, this might be of your interest. This is an interview of MCH and Jennifer Carpenter on TV Guide.

Is there anything you would have changed?

Hall: I might have had him kill Trinity's son (Brandon Eaton) when he went to Nebraska in the 6th season when the Ice Truck killer comes back and finds out the kid just has daddy issues and doesn't kill him. I thought he should have killed him anyway.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dexter-...?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

I didn't hate the episode till I saw the ending, once again the show plays it safe to a frustrating degree and neatly wraps things up in an unrealistic manner basically negating everything it's done the entire season. Fuck this show and fuck the people who convinced me to watch it.

Should have watched the Emmy's I guess, or Breaking Bad.

What the FUCK was that? It was bad enough when you think he's killed himself...only for him NOT to be dead?!! Thus NEGATING every possible reason he may have had for suicide! Which was a stupid ending anyway!

I'm very confident there's going to be another season or film sometime down the line. That wasn't the end.

If it was, then yeah... complete shit.

I may be the only one here but I liked the ending. I think that the self imposed exile that Dexter subject himself to is a fate worse than death itself. His quest for humanity has only brought pain and sorrow to the ones he has loved and this is the only way he can ensure their safety. One thing I would have loved to see was for his Dark Passenger to return to him in the end. I really thought they were foreshadowing it when Dex was talking to Saxon but he just looked defeated at the end...

Anyhow, I think people at MMPD are bound to find out that Dexter is a serial killer. I think that may be the topic of the spin-off these guys are talking about. He killed a man before their eyes and there is also no sign of Debra. Questions are bound to be asked.

Dexter's basically become a tragedy, there is a real sense of helplessness with the ending and while I do not think that it is the perfect way to go, it was not the worst either.

What the FUCK was that? It was bad enough when you think he's killed himself...only for him NOT to be dead?!! Thus NEGATING every possible reason he may have had for suicide! Which was a stupid ending anyway!

Dexter is not the suicidal type. If you remember, in season 2, Dex told Doakes that suicide was for the weak. He is just cutting off any ties he has with the world to die as a lonely man. That is actually a fate worse than death and possibly a reasonable decision for Dexter to make after all the wrong choices he has made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back