• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bullshitting About Television Thread

Rubicon is an American television series created by Jason Horwitch and produced by Henry Bromell that is broadcast on the AMC television network. The series centers around an intelligence analyst at a national think tank called the American Policy Institute (API) who discovers that he may be working with members of a secret society that manipulates world events on a grand scale.

The series is influenced by conspiracy films of the 1970s such as All The President's Men, Three Days of the Condor and The Parallax View, which find an innocent character caught up in, and slowly unraveling, a major conspiracy.
Bless you, Wikipedia.

It's really not all that grand and glorious.

Family Guy was alright last night, mainly because of how they flipped the switch on their usual liberal leanings and did an episode from a conservative viewpoint, and fairly I might add. Lots of self-deprecating humor, which I love. Not great from a laughs standpoint, but I dug it.

Haven't watched anything else from last night yet.

Episode 12 of The Wire last night. Not even done with the first season and I'm pretty sure it's the best show ever.

I was watching X Factor last night, just because I had nothing else to do. I swear to God, that programme is the worst thing on television since Rab C Nesbitt.

It's all sob story after sob story. You don't get anywhere in the competition if you don't have a sob story, a terminal illness or entered the contest years ago and have one of the judges say "oh my god, I remember you!" instantly putting you into the final. Either that or you're Susan Boyle. That normally gets you into the finals.

It's not even legit singing anyway, they use voice enhancing software whilst somebody is singing. What kind of contest is it if they use technology to make somebodies voice sound better? That's not television, that's fraud.

Episode 12 of The Wire last night. Not even done with the first season and I'm pretty sure it's the best show ever.
Spot on.

You need to continue updating your sig so I'm aware of your progress.

It would seem this thread has lost its [OFFICIAL] status. Shucks.

Unless I bother to buy/rent anything, I should be done by this time next year.

Powders..Powers..Powders..whatever..

[YOUTUBE]BJzcA001fSU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Goddamnit, someone else put this up in another thread. Oh well, it's good enough to be in two places.

There's something inside me that simply loves watching Bill Maher out members of the GOP running for Congress as part of a Nazi re-enactment group. I'm with Bill in that I hope he didn't hurt that man's campaign.

I used to love Bill, but his show has become fucking atrocious over the last year or two, his opening monologues are so painful to watch at how incredibly unfunny they are and how no one in the crowd EVER laughs. Throw in that he's become just as much of a partisan shit-flinger as Rush Limbaugh and I just can't watch the show anymore.

I also get a kick out of how awkward it is when nobody laughs. In a good way.

Has anyone else ever like really enjoy the show, but you go online just to get other opinions about it and it turns out that the online opinion is like a bazillion percent different from your own? Like everyone has such a negative opinion about..

I feel like that with every TV show I watch: Raw, Scrubs, Chopped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back