Dexter

I'm enjoying the season to an extent (I always enjoy Dexter's presence on-screen), but I agree it's been disappointing in the fact that it's felt like a standard season rather than a final season.

A lot of people are getting that feeling. That is mostly because, I guess, most of us had these preconceived notions in our head that Dexter would culminate in some huge manhunt for Dex or something. So far, no one has no fucking clue of Dexter's identity. That is the prime reason that this season has been so dull.

But then, I guess they did the huge manhunt in season 2 and we know how Dex got away. The best thing that I feel could have been done was for Doakes to have an unknown accomplice or something. Still, 4 more episodes to go and it has been a great show. Hope they don't disappoint.

Also, just how great was the Doakes?

So, that scene in the last episode where Hannah is asking Dexter what name he gives her when he thinks about her? That was rough. As was the dinner scene with Vogel.

I'm glad I don't watch this garbage around other human beings. I'd prefer to be caught watching wrestling at this point.

That name giving scene was juvenile to say the least!!!! Reminded me of the first season of HIMYM when Ted sleeps with Victoria for the first time.

"I want to know what makes you cry at night....":rolleyes:

But then, I guess they did the huge manhunt in season 2 and we know how Dex got away. The best thing that I feel could have been done was for Doakes to have an unknown accomplice or something.

This is what annoys me.
He has only managed to escape through blind luck. Doakes was the impossible problem and instead of forcing Dexter to either kill an innocent guy or let him go, Lila came along and let him off the hook.
Then at the end of Season 5, Debra lets him get away instead of forcing a choice.
Debra then yet again lets him off the hook at the end of Season 7.

I want a proper manhunt and/or a situation where Dexter has make a choice between doing what's right or what's right for him. No more lucky escapes.

Could have also kept Doakes alive. Have him locked up and suffering from memory loss and then have him execute a prison break at the end of season 7. That would have been the shit.

That's where it gets a bit convoluted unfortunately. After all the people the BHB killed by this time he would have been sentenced to death or killed in the jail by inmates.

This is what annoys me.
He has only managed to escape through blind luck. Doakes was the impossible problem and instead of forcing Dexter to either kill an innocent guy or let him go, Lila came along and let him off the hook.
Then at the end of Season 5, Debra lets him get away instead of forcing a choice.

I want a proper manhunt and/or a situation where Dexter has make a choice between doing what's right or what's right for him. No more lucky escapes.

If it wasn't for me liking to finish what I start I would have been done with this show a long time ago, extremely frustrating how all that happens.

This is what annoys me.

Season 7 would have been awesome had Dex killed Laguerta. Have Debra just cover it up. That way Season 8 would have been way more compelling with Deb not being able to turn her brother in and not being able to trust him either.

Don't want to be too critical of this week's episode but whoever writes the dialogues for the love track between Dex and Hannah has no idea how to go about them. The lines seem straight out of some C grade college romance flick.

Vogel and Saxon teaming up is an interesting development but I am still having trouble believing that somehow everything will fold up after just 3 more episodes. It seems that the end will be something that happens by chance rather than something they have built towards, which sucks big time.

I'm guessing Saxon will kill Vogel pretty soon...so, does Dexter kill Saxon and jaunt off into the sunset with Hanna, or does Saxon kill Dexter? Either way, I'm not feeling this as 'The End'..

I'm sensing that Hannah will die. That is why the writers are building her up as the only thing Dexter wants to live for. It's television 101, imo.

Don't know what will happen thereafter. I expect Dexter to lose it. He'll probably kill Saxon and Vogel....but like I said I can't see the end at all.

I think either Hannah dies or Debra dies. I don't see a situation where the writers would have Dexter leave Debra behind and having him just leave with Hannah seems too simple.
Saxon will get one of them. Judging by the trailer I'm thinking he'll drop Debs in it regarding Laguerta and then he'll go after Hannah.

As for this last episode, it was so predictable I barely needed to watch it.

BTW, Why did Saxon kill Cassie to frame Zach when he could have killed Zach right away?

I think he assumed that the police would find Zach's DNA, arrest him and he'd be out of the picture and away from his mummy. He didn't know Dexter would fuck the crime scene so Zack could get away with it. Then when Saxon sees his mum taking her new project home, he kills him out of simple jealousy.

Really hoping that the last three episodes have some juice left in 'em. I would hate to see such a great series come to such an ignominious end. The only hope is that the final episode is mind blowing because pretty much everything else has been spoiled.

Also, is there any other show like Dexter out there? I'll need a replacement when this finishes up.

Also, is there any other show like Dexter out there? I'll need a replacement when this finishes up.

I know you're watching Breaking Bad, so that's not an option. Have you seen The Sopranos? That's comparable with main character being extremely likable despite him being a complete sociopath. Game of Thrones is also another show to check out if you like Dexter.

I don't see how GoT is in any way comparable to Dexter.

If you enjoy Dexter, you'll probably enjoy Sons of Anarchy. That could be taken as an insult I guess, but I love em both.

I know you're watching Breaking Bad, so that's not an option. Have you seen The Sopranos? That's comparable with main character being extremely likable despite him being a complete sociopath. Game of Thrones is also another show to check out if you like Dexter.
You're basically sending him down the same path that I went down, where discovering television that doesn't suck ruined Dexter for me.

People who enjoy Dexter though also enjoy Game of Thrones. Two television shows don't have to be alike to share the same fanbase.

You're basically sending him down the same path that I went down, where discovering television that doesn't suck ruined Dexter for me.

I still say seasons 1, 2, and 4 of Dexter can go up against the best of the best television has ever had to offer and hang in there.

And no matter how lazy the writing has gotten for Dexter since after you-know-who's death (also when right after that the show found a new showrunner and writers, ala Community), I still find Dexter the character a fascinating and entertaining person to watch. That's mostly thanks to Michael C. Hall, who just plays him to perfection.

Yeah, I'm on the second season of Breaking Bad. I have also seen Game of Thrones. It's not my favorite genre but the protagonists are all very endearing. So I liked it, but did not love it. I'll definitely check out Sopranos.

If you enjoy Dexter, you'll probably enjoy Sons of Anarchy. That could be taken as an insult I guess, but I love em both.

Sons of Anarchy is about a motorcycle gang, right? Heard it's great in bits and spurts but has a tendency to be inconsistent. Though that is probably true for Dexter too.

I still say seasons 1, 2, and 4 of Dexter can go up against the best of the best television has ever had to offer and hang in there.

This is the truth. I haven't seen too many American TV shows so far, only 11 or 12, so, I may not be the best person to say this, but nothing I've seen thus far can match the edge of the seat excitement of those three seasons so far. Season 2 with Doakes is m favorite but Season 1 and 4 aren't too far behind.

I just feel that they have killed everyone who had a shot of getting Dexter. The villains post season Trinity have sucked and no one else on the police department seems to have a clue. Deb was the last hope but the speed with which she gets over Dexter's revelations and actions makes her seem as someone who was just sulking to get Dex's attention. Lundy was another guy whom I had high hopes for. His death was one of the few weak spots of season 4, imo.

The Brain Surgeon, too, had potential especially when paired with Vogel but the reveal has come too late. If it had come by the 5th episode or thereabouts, I could have been more excited.

Hannibal is fantastic

How has the cannibalism been depicted? If it is not too gory, then I may watch. Obviously I am interested in Hannibal, but the cannibalism aspect is kind of holding me back.

How has the cannibalism been depicted? If it is not too gory, then I may watch. Obviously I am interested in Hannibal, but the cannibalism aspect is kind of holding me back.

You see him eating dinner but what he's eating is all implied. Gore however, there's a lot of that due to other killers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back