Dexter

This new season kind of blows. I mean the episodes are good, but in the end it just all feels unnecessary. It's the last season and their building all of this trivial shit like Jamie wanting Dexter to go out with his neighbor, Deb's boss, and Bautista trying to decide to give the Sgt. job to Quinn or the black lady. I really don't give a shit about any of that. It wouldn't be so bad if they were building towards something but some of the side scenarios only last an episode or two and then end without anything special happening.That's actually been the main problem with the whole series in general imo.

It seems to be picking up but I hope it bumps up a notch soon.

I will agree that all the stuff with Jamie, Quinn, Bautista has been pretty horrible. In the finale season of a show they keep building up all this stuff with some of worst characters on the show. In fact this show has always had horrible side characters, guess that's why it's called Dexter not Miami Metro.

I will say I was interested in Misuka's daughter until that whole "You thought I was a gold digger" angle that happened last episode.

Things however picked up with Dexter and his protege so to speak in the end, it's getting better, but way too many episodes in has it been sub par.

They fucked the end of last season and it's affecting Season 8. Debs should have walked out and left Dexter to kill Laguerta, completing his turn to the dark side, instead of ruining the true hero of the story.

The problem with the show (aside from it being a badly written neo-conservative wank fest) from day one is that the people writing it have always been under the impression that Dexter is the true hero of the story.

The problem with the show (aside from it being a badly written neo-conservative wank fest) from day one is that the people writing it have always been under the impression that Dexter is the true hero of the story.
Was really hoping you'd mention the emo poetry as well.

Anyone ever notice the resemblance between Quinn and Randy Orton?

But yeah, this season is off to a really slow start.

I'm enjoying the season to an extent (I always enjoy Dexter's presence on-screen), but I agree it's been disappointing in the fact that it's felt like a standard season rather than a final season.

I think the point was that it was always meant to be morally ambiguous, but you can only do that for so long. Eventually the writers need to pick a side and it seems like they've decided Dexter is a good guy and yeah, it's ok to kill people. If that's the ending they go with I'm going to be very upset.

Dexter is sexy as fuck. I realise that won't matter to 99% of you, but still - YUM. And I'm obsessed with Season 8, as a regular season. As the final season? I have no idea how it's going to end - which may be a good thing, but I also don't see any of the current storylines leading to a good ending.

Though I am an episode behind you...damn UK.

I think Debra has kinda replaced Dexter as the main character as far as the 8th season is concerned. The end of the show will probably be engineered by Debra rather than Dexter imo.

I think Debra has kinda replaced Dexter as the main character as far as the 8th season is concerned. The end of the show will probably be engineered by Debra rather than Dexter imo.

Hey you haven't been around for a while. Where have been?

And when are you going back?

Hey you haven't been around for a while. Where have been?

And when are you going back?

Oh, I won't be around a lot. Don't watch wrestling these days. Just saw a few interesting posts on the TV shows that I watch currently and decided to post.

Also, the Quinn-Orton association is spot on. :)

Strahvoski is foine!!! I'm considering starting on Chuck just because of her.

This student thing has to be a red herring, right? Lots of people are speculating that Zach will kill Dexter but I sure as hell hope that is not the case. Dexter will probably kill the guy by the 9th episode or something. That will probably lead to some complications as Zach's family is pretty powerful.

I unfortunately believe Zach will be around a bit longer, I don't believe his family is important enough in the final few episodes to be that big of a deal so Zach will probably survive until the end or as others predict kill Dexter, which would suck.

There's talks that there is suppose to be a spinoff and an article from the creators were posted that people will hate the finale. I don't know what to believe anymore.

If that does happen( Zack killing Dex), then Micheal C. Hall will have achieved the dubious distinction of starring in the best series finale( Six Feet Under) and the worst series finale of all time.

Just how creepy was that dinner scene with Vogel!!! Though I think that is just another red herring. The writers want us to think that she is the brain surgeon and that she served brain to Dex, Hannah and Zack.

Zack was also really funny in this episode.

Finally, more shots of Hannah's body in the sex scene, will ya!? Man, it's hard when you have to fight for your basic rights everyday...

I thought that scene meant the brain surgeon sent Zach's brain to her like he did before....

Anyway the dinner scene was the best part of the episode, if you're not counting Hannah's naked scenes.

I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the part where Vogel mentioned her dish to be an old family recipe. Well, to some it may appear as if Vogel was serving her guests brain de la creme.

The writers want us to think that she is the brain surgeon.

Honestly it'd be more shocking if she is. Everyone has written her off as a sweet old lady and just about as far away from a serial killer as possible. Personally I think The Brain Surgeon is either her husband (he was a Dr I believe) or her son (her first patient and failure).

Honestly it'd be more shocking if she is. Everyone has written her off as a sweet old lady and just about as far away from a serial killer as possible. Personally I think The Brain Surgeon is either her husband (he was a Dr I believe) or her son (her first patient and failure).

I don't think anyone thinks of her as a sweet old lady. She screamed psychopath from the moment she came on the screen. The way she experimented on her patients, you cannot seriously imagine her as a sweet old lady after that. And now after that dinner episode, her creepiness has gone to another level.

I am also thinking that the TBS is related to her. That is what her past is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back