• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Desmond Wolfe the best wrestler in TNA at this moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
Desmond Wolfe formerly known as Nigel Mcguinness has made a huge impression in TNA upon his arrival the Impact after Bound For Glory and because of this I feel he is the best wrestler on form in TNA at this moment in time.

He made an instant impact by immediately attacking the top Wrestler in the company Kurt Angle and preyed on him and took him out in the ring with his famous Tower of London finisher and went onto a tirade about his neck problems which he would look to expose.

As the feud developed i would say that Angle v Wolfe at Turning Point was easily a match of the year contender in TNA and has helped to get Wolfe over as one of the top heels in the company in a matter of months. This was also Angle's best out and out wrestling match in TNA this year in my opinion.

Wolfe is now set to go onto face Angle again in a three stages of hell match which looks amazing on paper.

Wolfe's mic skills, in ring work and ability to draw heat and work the crowd has got fans talking and i really feel the WWE dropped the ball not signing him so is Desmond Wolfe the best wrestler in TNA today on form?

Wolfe is certainly a great wrestler, but I can't say that we've seen enough for him to qualify as the best in the company. His promos have also taken a serious step down from his first few, and they drop every time he reminds us he's "hungry like the wolf".

The best is, was, and always will be...AJ Styles. He can do things that no one in any company can do, and he does a great job of making everyone else look good. He's carried the company on his back, and has only recently (12-18 months) gotten any help.

I dont think WWE dropped the ball, if he was there he would be just another robotic wrestler. Apart from his charisma and mic skills he had nothing to offer WWE unless he had a X division style Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne. Im happy Mcmahon didnt sign him, his loss is TNA gain. And TNA gained HUGE. Us aswell. I feel bad for Danielson, we will see him in TNA in a couple of months most likely.

The absolute best in the world always be AJ or Joe. With Wolfe being in the same company i dont know how he can out perform them, i dont think Wolfe can carry anyone to a match, he has got a totally different style based on his his ground work. But AJ and joe will just fly around try to put a entertaining match as possible.

I read a house show report where fans chanted "BORING" during his match against Kurt Angle. If the same thing happened with AJ or JOE they would be in the doghouse LOL.

And does anybody know when in the blue hell is he going to use that cool ass looking move of his where he rebounds of the ropes and does a SICK clothesline.

Hello wrestling fans. In regards to Desmond Wolfe being the best in TNA right now, I would say, he is on his way to that level. Observing him in the few matches he has worked, especially those with Kurt Angle, I do see him as a major player in TNA.

Very few wrestlers in the industry have entered an organization and sought out one of the top guns on their first day. What is interesting about Mr. Wolfe is that he is able to back his words with his actions. I feel he is very methodical in the ring, almost as, he calculates each move precisely.

Although Mr. Wolfe is just scrapping the tip of the ice-berg, I look forward to seeing him in the ring with other great wrestlers in the months and years to come.

Is he the best in TNA right now? Nope, afraid not. Now, I'll admit that the guy seems to be a pretty damn good wrestler from what I've seen thus far. However, I've yet to see the wrestling god that a good portion of the IWC claim this guy to be.

He's good in the ring, he's good on the mic and he does seem to have some charisma about him. However, let's not go overboard here. Based on what TNA has had him show since his time in TNA thus far, I can't call him the best in TNA right now. In fact, I personally think that the guy is potentially in danger of already losing momentum. His promo work has declined somewhat because of all the various corny wolf references that he puts in that he didn't use in his first promos. They're still pretty good, but not as good as they used to be. Although, those problems are easily fixed. As far as overall momentum, he NEEDS to win his match against Kurt Angle at Final Resolution. He's yet to win a single match in TNA, at all, and he needs to come out ahead of Angle at the ppv this Sunday.

You have to be highly thankful that WWE didn't receive the chance to gain grips on this spectacular acquisition and either create some Orton replication or just another bland character. Desmond Wolfe amuses me. This is a character right here for TNA. I am really fond of his classy english gentleman persona, the mic skills, the attitude, the look, I love it! His wrestling thus far has been fine, not too amazing outside that vicious clothesline he does but time awaits this great TNA employee. Best wrestler in TNA right now, no. I wouldn't dare disrespect AJ Styles like that. He's the TNA Champion for a reason, but Russo should improve his booking of AJ though.

This question can be answered by the match he put on with Daniels last night. The way he worked with Daniels, bringing the crowd into the match and making them beg for more at the finish was something I haven't seen in a weekly wrestling show (outside of ROH) for a very, very long time.

love watching his matches and how technical he is..reminds me that sometimes wresltling matches involve wrestling

I think he is, he's made such an impact as a main threat in TNA in such short time. He's not put on a bad match so far and his string has uped the anti in TNA more than any Hogon arrival could. Just when TNA needed a solid strong wrestler they get the total package. I can't to see what he can do with the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back