• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Rumor] Desmond Wolfe Won't Be Cleared to Wrestle Again?

Personally, I hope the best for him. But I wonder where/when did this injury happen? What specifically was the cause?

Also wondering what would've happened if he stayed with the WWE jump when he had the chance/choice...just curious.

It wasnt one injury. During ROH he was reknown for his brutal matches. He took a lot of head bumps and when he tried to go to the WWE they told him no, he didnt pass their tests because of his head injuries.

If its true, its really sad.:disappointed: I don't know whats up with desmond wolfe, the last thing i saw on wrestlezone a couple of weeks ago is that he was going to the impact zone to see the other wrestlers and thats it. Is he seriously forced to retirer because of head truma? Don't know but it wouldn't surprise me, because head injuries are tricky in any sports and i thinks its better for him to retire ifs thats the case or else he could wind up pulling a Chris Benoit some day.

From what I remember, he was one of the two people that lead to the concussion storyline that TNA ran for a little while, the other being Anderson after the Hardy chair shot. He's been having issues for a long time. In 2009 he had an interview with ScrippsNews’ Alex Marvez:

“I'm not making fun of it, but I do forget a lot of times. I remember sometimes earlier in my career where I would get into a car at night and see bright lights in the sky. After one match with Aries, I had to take the next night off and for a good week or so I couldn’t walk without stumbling.

The weird thing is you don't know how many you can take before you suffer serious, permanent damage.

It's something I need to worry about. Unfortunately in this business, there's only so much you can do."

TNA had reported that it was another injury that kept him from returning back in January, not concussion related. If you already have ongoing brain trauma issues, and then suffer another injury in addition to that, I'd have to imagine it would give you more reason to consider retiring from in ring work. Personally if I was given the option to provide a stable income for my family with a desk job and not have to risk my body and long term health, the decision would be pretty easy for me.

That all said, he did have a ton of potential both in the ring and on the mic. If the in ring aspect is no longer possible, they could surely find a way to use him on the mic. TNA is really weak when it comes to good mic workers. Maybe somehow work him into the "network" angle as he is supposedly getting a desk job now.

I had never heard of this dude until I went to a Ring of Honor show in 2008 on a whim. The main event was Nigel McGuiness vs. El Generico, and it was FUCKING EPIC. Best match I've seen in person, and its not even close. I will always be a Desmond Wolfe fan for that match, as well as his amazing first few months in TNA.

This will be such a hit for the future of wrestling, he could have been a real force. Hope his health is with him and that he can maybe heal up enough to come back into the game in the future.

I'm a Desmond mark and this is very sad news if it is true.

There has even been rumours of him having an STD... and since there is absolutley no news coming from Desmond or TNA about exactly why he hasn't wrestled, then rumours like these gain momentum.

What exactly is up with Desmond is one of few mysteries out there in an industry that has few anymore. Is it injury related, drug related, indifference or something else? At this point I would believe he sexually harassed Chelsea, I know I would have. Anyway, I am not buying into it being drugs. If it was just drugs why isn't he working on the indies at all? Whatever is keeping him out of the ring is a shame because he had a lot of potential.

Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling, claimed in a blog post on Friday that the reason Desmond Wolfe has not been wrestling in recent months is because he has Hepatitis C—a viral disease that leads to inflammation of the liver.

Ricci adds that the former ROH World Champion will be offered an office job.

Wolfe last wrestled for the organization in August. He and Magnus were scheduled to receive a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Motor City Machine Guns at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with TNA citing a "personal issue" as the reason. It was later reported that Wolfe was pulled from the event due to an undisclosed medical situation that would sideline him indefinitely.

Hulk Hogan is the only TNA Wrestling employee to publicly address Wolfe's status with the organization. When asked recently on Twitter about Wolfe returning to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."

From SEScoops. Dumb name. Dumb name.

Come to think of it, I'm genuinely sad about this. I won't lie and say I've seen most of his work - I haven't. I have seen a good chunk of his ROH and TNA stuff, however. I can tell you that he was a good wrestler. He had a very distinct style and was perfectly comfortable when handed a microphone. He was a key ingredient in the two months that TNA was actually good, putting on a pretty damn good feud with Angle.

I think he had "it", and he deserved more than TNA gave him. Him getting lost in the shuffle that occurred after Bischoff and Hogan joined is appalling. Furthermore, I'll have to wait even longer before I can cheer for someone who actually comes from roughly where I come from. Shame.

I remember reading an interview with Desmond a few years ago and he mentions that even then he could watch his matches and not remember anything that happened in them, due to the number of concussions he suffered. Obviously he has suffered much more damage since then.

If he really does have to retire then this sucks. Wolfe was a great wrestler and really did have the potential to go all the way to the top in TNA, and could have also had a great career in WWE. It just shows the dangers of the wrestling business in that an otherwise very healthy guy can have his career taken away due to head injuries, which are very dangerous.

I hope TNA look after Desmond, and make sure he has a role within the company. He could still offer alot to the business as he is great on the mic too, and would be a perfect manager in the future.

If it is true it is a shame,TNA has waisted this talent. He really could have been something.

BX Big Show i hate to say it but if he would have went to WWE instead of TNA, right now he would be yet another 1 of 20 guys going for US and IC titles while jobbing to the main eventers.

This is disappointing. I had high hopes for Desmond Wolfe in TNA ever since he debuted and challenged Kurt Angle in an impressive feud. However, it is better than he take it easy if he truly has not been cleared to wrestle anymore. He can still be an asset to the organization if he is allowed to stick around though because he can help train younger guys and work behind the scenes. It's a shame we might never hear the words "TNA World Champion Desmond Wolfe" but it's better than his injuries getting worse.

If it's true, it's sad, and I hope he doesn't try and Randy Robinson his way to an early grave, but there's something else to be addressed here. The only reason McGuinness didn't go to the WWE when Danielson did is because he failed a medical. If this issue is related to whatever reason he failed the medical there, then it poses some serious questions about TNA's medical processing - if he isn't well enough to wrestle for the WWE, then he isn't well enough to wrestle anywhere. If TNA did carry out a medical, and didn't find anything wrong, then they have to seriously analyse this process. If they did find something wrong, and let him wrestle anyway, then they are a walking advert for the fact that the industry needs a regulator.

Horrible, horrible news. I caught on to him rather late in his career. Sucks, because I have to catch up on a lot of his great matches. Now, I'll never get to see another one of those matches live if this is true. Sucks.

He will likely be the Magnum T.A. of our time, in a sense. Someone who had all the tools but got taken away from the sport for one reason or another.

Hopefully, he lives and full and healthy life because of this. It will truly fucking suck, though.

If it's true, it's sad, and I hope he doesn't try and Randy Robinson his way to an early grave, but there's something else to be addressed here. The only reason McGuinness didn't go to the WWE when Danielson did is because he failed a medical. If this issue is related to whatever reason he failed the medical there, then it poses some serious questions about TNA's medical processing - if he isn't well enough to wrestle for the WWE, then he isn't well enough to wrestle anywhere. If TNA did carry out a medical, and didn't find anything wrong, then they have to seriously analyse this process. If they did find something wrong, and let him wrestle anyway, then they are a walking advert for the fact that the industry needs a regulator.

I tend to agree, however you will probably find the WWE would set its bar quite high. Desmond may have been fine to wrestle by the usual standards but I imagine after the Benoit incident WWE would tighten it up quite a bit.

Yet another world class wrestler taken from us :-( hope he comes back cos the first time i saw him was TNA (No ROH In UK) And by the sounds of it i need to look at his career.

I never got to watch him in ROH so that is a shame if true but much like Edge, I would rather have him retire and be healthy than the alternative. I wonder if he is regretting not going to wwe in the end? Probably for the best - he could have ended up in the Nexus and be beaten up every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back