• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Del Rio/Kingston on Raw

wwefan2010

Dark Match Winner
Ok can somebody tell me what the point was to throw Albert Del Rio and Kofi Kingston on Raw for no apparant reason?? I could see if maybe Christian or Edge ran down to save Kofi or something. It almost looked like they were doing an injury angle on Kofi, havent heard that he has an injury or something but thats what it looked like. Also why not save this for Smackdown since they are both smackdown guys?? Seems they would have at least fed a Raw guy to Del Rio in a match or something. Just a really odd segment to have on Raw.

The reason is obvious, you just have to open your eyes and actually see.

Alberto Del Rio is the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship and is someone that the WWE is investing a lot of time in. They brought him out on Raw for the same reason they have other times: to give him more exposure on the WWE's most watched show in front of a live television audience.

As for Kofi Kingston, he and Del Rio have been feuding for the past few weeks. Kofi following a rival onto another show in order to ambush him is something that we see every now and again. Del Rio got the best of Kofi, he viciously assaulted his "injured" arm and got tons of heat for it, which is what a heel is supposed to do. They're building Del Rio as a vicious heel rather than a cowardly one.

So no, there's nothing odd about that segment at all. It accomplished exactly what it was intended to do.

Alberto Del Rio is the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship and is someone that the WWE is investing a lot of time in. They brought him out on Raw for the same reason they have other times: to give him more exposure on the WWE's most watched show in front of a live television audience.

As for Kofi Kingston, he and Del Rio have been feuding for the past few weeks. Kofi following a rival onto another show in order to ambush him is something that we see every now and again. Del Rio got the best of Kofi, he viciously assaulted his "injured" arm and got tons of heat for it, which is what a heel is supposed to do. They're building Del Rio as a vicious heel rather than a cowardly one.

So no, there's nothing odd about that segment at all. It accomplished exactly what it was intended to do.

This says it all in one, but there could be another reason that would make sense and also fit in with what Mr Jack Hammer has said and that is;

Kofi could be injured/taking some time off and doing what they did on raw, is a perfect way to have Del Rio on raw to keep with the attempt of making him a household name and also explain why Kofi isn't on screen. It makes Del Rio look Vicious and adds to the list of people he has put on the shelf.

i see them having kofi get hurt n have to forfit the IC title and having a mini tourny and del rio winning the belt so he goes into mania as IC champion like they have rumored this past week b4 EC. thats what im getting out of it...have him get hurt on raw so come smackdown he has forfitted the belt

^^^ This.

Also, there's a possibility that they have Kofi drop the IC Title to Del Rio before Mania to make him look even stronger so this could be a step towards that happening. I started a thread on a possible Title v. Title II happening at Mania so I'm kinda excited about that. Also excited at the possibility of Kofi being injured, kayfabe, and coming back for revenge on Del Rio when he's World Heavyweight Champion, because I love Kofi.

But yeah, it made both Kofi and Del Rio look viscious, kudos to WWE.

Since the powers that be seem to be in a Sheamus burying mood then why not let him job to Del Rio as well. He certainly seems to be jobbing to everyone else right now. It could help make Del Rio look like more of a threat beating the big bad Celtic Warrior. The Kofi thing is random but I do like the thought of a Title vs. Title.

The more superstars from Smackdown they put on RAW, the bigger the chance that viewers who usually miss the Friday Night brand will tune in. All about ratings.

Does anyone else think that the constant exposure of Del Rio has gotten somewhat aggravating though? I mean, do not get me wrong, the guy is a talent and such, but he is all over WWE Programming. It has just gotten to the point of being too much for my liking.

I feel that Kofi will forfeit the title on Smackdown. Del Rio will then claim he should be awarded the title for taking Kofi out. Christian will then dispute it. They may have a fued which lasts a week or two with Del Rio coming out on top. Del Rio enters WM with momentum and the ability to create a unification match.

A heel jobbing to a heel? Really?

Correct me if I am wrong but was I just watching the Miz taking on The Corre less than 24 hours ago. Besides, Sheamus has been kind of a non-factor the last few weeks anyway. What heat he has left is dwindling. They need to find a new feud for him soon to let his character break through again. My comment about him going down to Del Rio was more tongue in cheek than a serious idea.

The whole reason for Del Rio or any kinda Smackdown! superstars or divas on Raw is to get people to tune into Friday as they need more viewers. And by techicalities the only 2 champs that are intra-branded are THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS and THE WWE DIVA'S Championship. It's WrestleMania season so til Mania's over we'll see alot of intra-branded stuff and all. I was also hoping to see Edge or Christian come to Kofi's aid but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back