• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dean Malenko should come back for 1 match at Wrestlemania.

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
I don't know about you guys, but we bring up all these scenario's for great matches, I for 1 would love to see Malenko wrestle in some capacity. He would be a great opponent for Jericho if all else fails, hes not a legend, but hes old school and the had a hell of a rivalry and some great matches back in the day. Or him and Mysterio, that would be awesome. Check out old ECW and WCW matches, you'll know what I'm talking about. Hes got no personality, but hes a great wrestler. Hes the only remaining Radical left, and hes been through hell seeing what happened to his friends. I would love for 1 more match. What you guys think?

As big of a Malenko fan as I am, I don't want to see him at Wrestlemania. Not only was he never a real WWE guy in my eyes, but he's not the legend Wrestlemania deserves, if there is going to be one.

Sure, his match would be a good wrestling match, but it wouldn't be entertaining, and would bore most modern fans. His time in the ring is finished. There's no way they could build up a match for him at Wrestlemania, and make it seem the least bit credible. There's also no one they could put in the match with him that would make anyone think "Wow. I'm buying Wrestlemania this year."

LOL, I'd hope not. But theres a million other reasons to order Wrestlemania. I'd order it right now without a match set in stone. I'm just throwing it out there. Besides, the guys I mentioned were in other companys when they wrestled. So it would be retro-WCW days. I'd take him fighting rey rey over Kane or Knox anyday. He'd bring the best out of Mysterio.

Why? What did Malenko ever do in WWE? He was a good WCW wrestler, 10+ years ago. This would make absolutely no sense. he never won anything of note outside of the Cruiserweight belt and he's a smark favorite. It would be just the most random thing possible, and with the younger fans not knowing who he was, they would see him as the security guy getting into the ring. TNA already has Shane Sewell. WWE doesn't need Malenko.

Malenko simply doesn't have the status to come back and make a huge tidal wave from his presence. However, if they did in fact go with the Jericho vs. Legends Gauntlet concept, wherein Jericho beats about 10 old performers in rapid fire like, a minute a piece, I'd love to see Dean Malenko be one of them. Austin would have to be the last one that actually beats Jericho though, and most likely the ones that would pop up ahead of time would be Hacksaw, Piper, Slaughter, Snuka...the guys that still have a connection, which would include Malenko as he's used backstage for something, not sure what exactly.

But a straight on Malenko match? Not gonna happen. Nobody would care.

Not trying to disrespect Malenko because he was a pretty solid worker but the fact is relatively speaking he's a nobody so why should he be back at Wrestlemania? Sure he is a smark favorite and he had a little success in WCW and WWE but he's not a hall of famer and honestly never did anything that memorable. He's an afterthought in most wrestling's fans mind. I could understand if he was some former big star or something like that but he's not so he really has no business being involved in Wrestlemania. I could think of dozens of former wrestlers that I would rather see there then him.

Nah, I love Malenko, but I really don't feel he deserves a big Wrestlemania match. I would prefer him to have a little ECW run, maybe setting up a Dean Malenko Tommy Dreamer vs Mix and Morrison match. Dean in ECW to put over the younger guys would be great, but he has no where near the level of greatness needed for a Wrestlemania comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back