• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW vs WCW vs WWF: Dean Malenko

Dean Malenko in...

• ECW

• WCW

• WWF

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Next in the series...

"The Shooter", "The Iceman", "Double Ho Seven" and "The Man of 1,000 Holds"...

Dean Malenko
03.jpg

Years in Promotions
ECW: 1994-1995...
WCW: 1995-2000...
WWF: 2000-2001...​

What would you say looking at his feuds, matches, imapct created and accomplishments....Dean Malenko in ECW or WCW or WWF??

Feuds
ECW
Taz, Sabu, Public Enemy, 2 Cold Scorpio, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero...

WCW
Rey Mysterio Jr., Syxx, Ultimo Dragon, Chris Jericho...

WWF
Lita, Matt Hardy, Scotty 2 Hotty, Too Cool, Hardy Boyz, Crash Holly, Raven, Dudley Boyz...
--------------------------------
Championships & Accomplishments
ECW
2-time ECW World Television Championship
1-time ECW World Tag Team Championship w/ Chris Benoit

WCW
4-time WCW Cruiserweight Championship
1-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Chris Benoit

WWF
2-time WWF Light Heavyweight Championship
--------------------------------
My Opinion
Let me just start of by saying, what a great wrestler!!!
I have to pick what I believe and where I saw him perform the best...WCW. Was he underrated? I think he got the highest achievement he could get which was a good US title reign. He feuded with many guys that are just like him and that he knew very well in the ring and out of the ring..His feuds I remember the most as well, most notably Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio Jr.
In ECW, I thought it would be possible for him to hld the ECW World title but that never happened and when he came into WWF, there was no way he was going to be competing at the high level with the big boys, I think his runs in ECW and WWF were okay and not at all bad, he deservingly held the Light Heavyweight title and in ECW held the TV and tag titles...But my pick is WCW...

So what would you say??
Just for fun, where do you think he wasn't that good?

Please keep thread on topic...thank-you!

WCW hands down. While he wrestled for years, it wasn't until wcw that he had a chance to show a lot more people his skill. Malenko's matches with mysterio, jehrico , eddie etc. were great. He held more titles in wcw also. Def. that was where he got his chance to shine

I first notice Dean Malenko in WCW, i had no idea he went to ECW till i saw the dvd on raise and fall of ECW... Dean Malenko always pull a 5 star match with anybody they put him in the ring with like with Rey Mysterio Jr., Syxx, Ultimo Dragon, and Chris Jericho thats why i put in WCW where he had his greatest moments and matches

I gota say WCW because that's where the majority of his great matches were.... Although... I've honestly never seen him have a bad match, no matter where he was.

This is a no brainer considering in WCW Dean Malenko was a member of the 4 Horseman and he was known as the man of 1,000 holds. In WWE, he was known as the Ladies Man. He had some great feuds in ECW too, but in my opinion he was really elevated when he was a member of the 4 Horseman in WCW. I do believe later on WCW didn't use him or many other gifted wrestlers well, but I do think WWE dropped the ball on Malenko and pretty much the rest of the Radicals when they first came in.

It was a split for me between ECW and WCW.

ECW is where he first wrestled the likes of Eddie Guerrero, 2 Cold Scorpio and was a member of the Triple Threat along with Shane Douglas and Chris Benoit.

IN WCW he again feuded with Guerrero as well as other great Cruiserweights like MYsterio and Jericho as well as being able to compete in front of a national audience as well as being a member of the 4 horsemen.

While everyone said WCW (and with good reason) Keep in mind his fued with Eddie in ECW is what got him a job in WCW where he could make all those accomplishments

Malenko will always be remembered, first and foremost, by most wrestling fans for his time in WCW and rightly so. During his time in WCW, Malenko was one of the wrestlers on the roster that was a workhorse. Whenever WCW needed a high quality match for Nitro or Thunder, Malenko was one of the few that could be counted on to always deliver.

His matches with the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho are still remembered and talked about today. Many of his matches with Rey Mysterio were nothing short of epic in my opinion. The nWo may have been the draw in WCW, but it was guys like Dean Malenko gave the term "Cruiserweight" meaning among American wrestling fans. Malenko was one of the guys that showed American wrestling fans just how great it can be watching smaller guys operate inside the ring.

most definately wcw-- you figure in the 4 horsemen stable and the man of 1000 holds gimmick and he was surely at his hottest there and by far at his worst in wwe--not sure if they just didnt want him active anymore or injuries happened but it just wasnt that memorable there

WCW definetly...wrestling the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Y2J, and Chris Beniot were all considered classics in my opinons, and the best matches that weren't WCW vs NWO.

Too bad back in early 2000 that WCW let them walk out due to the stupid people who misran and misbooked WCW...the WWF quickly picked them up. Malenko is doing fine as a WWE backstage agent.

But in my opinon Malenko was one of the most underated wrestlers of all time..and WCW where he made his claim to fame sort to speak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back