Dead crowds theory

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
I think dead crowds are caused by one thing: Children. See, kids aren't going to RAW to see Lita or Nash or Masked Kane (hell, most of the kids weren't even ALIVE last time Kane had a mask on). They're there to see John Cena. Four year old kids don't understand anything other than there's John Cena, he's my hero!. The other reason the crowd is dead is because kids are accompanied by, you guessed it, their parents. And parents, generally speaking, aren't wrestling fans, so they could care less about Lita, Nash, Masked Kane, etc.

so what's the solution? I think whoever planned RAW's venue for the Slammy's last night made a mistake. Big nights -- nights with surprises, old faces returning, etc. -- should be hosted in WRESTLING CITIES ONLY. New York City would have gone CRAZY when Kane took off his metal mask to reveal his old leather mask. Philly would have exploded at the sight of Lita. Boston would have popped for Ted DiBiase.

You can't host big shows in towns that aren't crazy about wrestling matches or wrestling superstars. They won't care if it's not Orton, Punk or Cena.

Better booking would work just as good. The people aren't cheering because they're not given a reason to cheer. I'm starting to get sick of all these old-timers (for lack of a better word) coming back and taking the spotlight off the young guys that should be getting built up.

Lita was at the slammys? Nice! I saw Road Dogg then skipped til I found Kane.

As for your general point, I wouldn't blame the kids personally but I agree that longer and special shows are perhaps best in more traditional wrestling friendly cities, especially if there are older faces that smarky/nostalgiac fans would appreciate.

See, kids aren't going to RAW to see Lita or Nash or Masked Kane (hell, most of the kids weren't even ALIVE last time Kane had a mask on). They're there to see John Cena. Four year old kids don't understand anything other than there's John Cena, he's my hero!

Five minutes ago I would've agreed with you and called kids stupid, but then I thought "Wait... Maybe they don't care about the rest of the roster to begin with, so they stay quiet. The wrestlers need to find a way to get themselves over!" It's the only reason I can think of.

Except nostalgia isn't something that's rammed down our throats all the time. It happens every so often sure, but there have been dead crowds for events where there was no sign of Road Dogg or Ted DiBiase Sr. It isn't kids, it's a lack of interest from a general public.

I'm going to the Rumble... and have tickets in section 103, TV Side. I will mark out the entire fucking event.

I don't give a fuck what the card looks like or who shows up, if you can't enjoy a WWE Live Event you should consider slitting your wrists. To say that kids only pop for John Cena is a lie, the last house show I went to was filled with kids and every superstar got a great reaction heel or face, well except for Heel Zack Ryder. This was the same house show that got Fit Finley fired for the National Anthem/Miz them cut off.

I'm going to the Rumble... and have tickets in section 103, TV Side. I will mark out the entire fucking event.

I don't give a fuck what the card looks like or who shows up, if you can't enjoy a WWE Live Event you should consider slitting your wrists. To say that kids only pop for John Cena is a lie, the last house show I went to was filled with kids and every superstar got a great reaction heel or face, well except for Heel Zack Ryder. This was the same house show that got Fit Finley fired for the National Anthem/Miz them cut off.

I'll look out for you. You'll be the one with an anus for a face. That's my last one I swear.

What are these dead crowds people keep speaking of? Last night's crowd seemed quite energetic.
That sounded like an energetic crowd to you?

The pops for all the returns, even including Mysterio who's a contemporary children's hero, were nowhere near what they should have been. Whether the OP is right about his argument or not, that crowd was pretty bad.

I don't give a fuck what the card looks like or who shows up, if you can't enjoy a WWE Live Event you should consider slitting your wrists.

THIS I AGREE WITH. YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN AT THE SHOWS AND YELL FOR THE PEOPLE "YOU" LIKE AND BOO THE GUYS "YOU" DONT. AND IF OUR GOING TO JUST SIT THERE IN THE CHAIR THE WHOLE TIME AND NOT GET INTO IT THEN YOU JUST WASTED $25+ TICKETS

That sounded like an energetic crowd to you?
Sure. What exactly are people expecting, everyone in the audience to jump up and down screaming the entire time?

The pops for all the returns, even including Mysterio who's a contemporary children's hero, were nowhere near what they should have been. Whether the OP is right about his argument or not, that crowd was pretty bad.
Cena got a great pop, as did Punk. The tag match with Punk and Orton had the crowd white hot for the hot tag, which didn't come. When Booker asked the crowd who won the rap battle, JR got a great pop, and they rained boos down on Cole. They were chanting along with Road Dog during his little spiel, they popped for Foley and DiBiase...what exactly do people think is a hot crowd?

I think we may have been spoiled by the Chicago/MITB crowd, Boston/Royal Rumble crowd, and MSG/Survivor Series crowd. They warped our minds causing us to think that just because the entire crowd doesn't go batshit crazy for everything, then they're a dead crowd.

I don't think you're supposed to be, but take it as you will. I don't make the rules, I just pretend to enforce them.

and you must not understand its THE INTERNET. You guys can make a big deal about it, and I can continue to not give a shit. I post for fun and to make fun of people like you. To many of you are too serious with this, I mean, its the fucking internet for fucks sake.

BTW do I get a custom banner with all of my super cool awards? Id love to enlarge it and print it out and take to the Royal Rumble

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back