• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dave taylor teaming with regal to reform blue bloods?

pauliminator

Dark Match Winner
earlier tonight on smackdown, dave taylor made a return as william regal's "new friend." does this mean the return of the blue bloods?

There is an edit button you know.. But they were impressive if you ask me.. There like a roughneck, smashmouth kind of Tag Team which is needed in the WWE.. I see them being the ones to defeat Brian Kendrick and Paul London..

I have never heard of this combination, however I do believe that Regal is better utilised in Tag Team wrestling in the same way Raw should use Val Venis. His solid match based tactics means he would compliment nearly anyone else really well, and the way he has been portrayed to fans means he needs someones help in the eyes of the fans. I would personally like to see the return of the style of Regal who feuded with Edge a few years back.

yeah its finally time for a serious william regal. i couldnt agree more with PaulWall they will def kendrick n london for the tag titles. as peopleschamp said they probably wont be called blue bloods, but i hope they do get a name not just on their way to the ring william regal etc. hope this teams lasts cause they are serious about wrestling and no more joking around.

Regal, Taylor and Finlay should start a group as they have very similar styles and they could be called "The British Bastards" or something like that. Also I think that Regal's former gimmick of being posh is long gone and he's going for a rough fighting style that shows no mercy. SD should bring in some more face teams as London and Kendrick are the only faces, (I'm not counting Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki).

I happy as long as Regal is being used. WWE dont utalize him as much as they should, if they are'nt using him as a wrestler he should become some sort of on screen talent. Also a new tag team on Smackdown is always welcome.

They could call the three of them the British Bastards...except Finlay is IRISH!!! Honestly though, I thought that Regal and Taylor were great last night, but really they don't need a gimmicky name to get over. Come on, after they establish themselves more as a team...what would be more intimidating coming out of Long's mouth?
"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face the British Bastards!" or
"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face Regal and Taylor!"?

man candy said:
it seem we are going back to the glory days

youve been warned enough,

as far as the Blue Bloods is concerned, it would be cool to see them back. Regal still has it but I don't think this is the direction Vince is going. If it is then those are two wrestlers who cut help out the lowly WWE tag teams

tha420dgnr8 said:
They could call the three of them the British Bastards...except Finlay is IRISH!!! Honestly though, I thought that Regal and Taylor were great last night, but really they don't need a gimmicky name to get over. Come on, after they establish themselves more as a team...what would be more intimidating coming out of Long's mouth?
"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face the British Bastards!" or
"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face Regal and Taylor!"?

"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face the Blue Bloods

mrpauliminator said:
"London and Kendrick..you two playas are gonna face the Blue Bloods

And your back and continue to spam.. Since you havnt learned your lesson, I have no other choice to ban you.

One of Smackdown's greatest problems is their tag-team division. They do not have enough competition in the division whilst despite the fact that the tag-team division on raw is going well, Raw is still getting teams like the Highlanders and Cryme Tyme who belong on Smackdown. Dave Taylor and Regal will do well on SmackDown and if they aren't the next tag champs, something is wrong, as there is no one else.

This could be a great stable... Finlay does work as he is from Belfast, Northern Ireland, which is part of Britain... they are just playing more off the image of a Souther Irish guy for the gimmick. I see this as being a way to get Harry Smith into WWE... Regal et al try to bully him to join them, but he teams with Burchill in the new Bulldogs instead... Could lead to a nice "Battle Of Britain" feud... They could even fued over the name the Bulldogs... Would be a good storyline for Smackdown.

I'm glad to see Regal team up with his old teammate Dave Taylor. Now hopefully this team work out and Regal can stop jobbing because the Tag Team Division has just picked up.

Regal and Taylor are solid technical wrestlers, but they are definitely past their prime. Watch a match of Regal pre-1997 and you'll see why he lasted so long in WCW. It was only after he gained a boatload of weight that his talent slipped. WWE is relying too much on bringing in old guys to help establish the young ones. The problem is that the older workers can't perform at their top levels any longer. McMahon needs to spend time developing the fresh talent in fresh angles that showcase their individual abilities. He needs to realize that this is definitely a rebuilding phase for his company.

Whether or not they are past their respective prime, I was glad to see those guys in the ring. After I saw that match, I was like, "Wow...so that's how wrestling in a WWE ring looks!" How many double underhook suplexes did I see in that match? If you put some high quality opponents in front of these guys (reform The World's Greatest Tag Team), we will see WRESTLING again. I like this team...

i definetly hope that regal and taylor bring some life back into the tag team division on smackdown. only good team right now is london and kendrick

Two matches into smackdown and Taylor goes and tears his meniscuss. Is this the injury curse of smackdown rearing its ugly head again? I think Regal should now challange Benoit for the U.S title. Two of my favourite wrestlers going at it full bore. I know I'd love it

I'll second you on that one brother!

I'm hoping to see William Regal win the US Title from Benoit when they have Smackdown over here on November 14th! - Just like deja-voo of when he won the WWE Tag Team Titles with Eugene on RAW last time at the MEN and then bastard Bischoff stripped them of the damn titles!

Still...Now that their Tag Team is fucked up, it looks like Regal should get a US Title push (hopefully!) However, I'd still rather see him get his World Title shot.

Also, doesn't anyone else think that FINLAY + REGAL = WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS?

Also, doesn't anyone else think that FINLAY + REGAL = WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS?
I second that brother. They've teamed up plenty of times together and they both have similar tactics and styles. It's not like Finlay's doing anything important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back