Dat Gun Control tho

The people who disagree with it will disagree with it because Obama proposed it.

I wouldn't say that's 100% accurate. While I wouldn't be surprised to see a high correlation between second amendment nutjobs and Obama haters, I'm sure there are some people who are gun crazy that don't necessarily hate Obama, they just hate anything that comes to restricting access to firearms.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a Facebook friend that falls in that category: he's very liberal, but also concerned that the government is going to attempt to disarm the citizens in order to keep them passive and easily dominated.

Of course, Obama hasn't even said anything about attempting to collect guns that were purchased through these loopholes, he just wants to close these loopholes, but why let that get in the way of getting outraged?

I think what the president is doing is great in theory. In practice it's going to be tough to enforce. Thanks NRA!

I don't know if it will be. It might not need congressional approval or even support to do the things Obama wants to see done. From what I've read most of the actions Obama is trying to take are things that are within his power as the president to do.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a Facebook friend that falls in that category: he's very liberal, but also concerned that the government is going to attempt to disarm the citizens in order to keep them passive and easily dominated.

Have you asked him if he has his own Navy and Air Force yet?

Nah, for the most part he's a good dude. He just has a weird paranoia that the government is out to oppress anyone instead of just black people. You know how white people get.

My point is, if the Government did so feel like opressing everyone, they would. No one's stock pile of hunting rifles is, nor would, be stopping them.

They can place a cruise missle in your kitchen window without you even knowing they are there.

Do you think your camo gear and dont tread on me flag is going to stop them?

The whole "to defend ourselves against/overthrow the government" argument became totally irrelevant about fifty years ago. Someone should break that to these people.

So here's a fun story on how I bought my first two guns.

My dad's former coworker was selling some guns from his collection, and I was able to just walk out of his house with a .357 revolver with 100 rounds of hollow points, and a .30 Carbine with two 15 round magazines all for around $500. (The rifle of course can also be equipped with extended magazines.) Literally, just waltzed out the door with enough firepower to seize my local post office.

I live in Florida, and pretty much anybody was able to do this before the Executive Order. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

As someone who is 100% pro-gun ownership for law abiding citizens, I have no problem with this proposal whatsoever.

That said, Obama's crocodile tears were both a joke and an embarrassment.

As a non-gun toting Canadian, I hope this, but I'm doubtful, will keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them. Very doubtful.

But that being said. Law abiding US citizens can do whatever they want, carry a gun if they want, but the following applies. If you ever visit Canada, please leave your guns at the border, we don't carry guns up here and don't put up with that kind of shit. Knives and baseball bats however are allowed.

The thing I don't like is if you're selling one of your guns to your family member why should you have to register as a seller first? I get the fact they wan to keep track of where guns are sold/given but there has to be a better way.

As a non-gun toting Canadian, I hope this, but I'm doubtful, will keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them. Very doubtful.

But that being said. Law abiding US citizens can do whatever they want, carry a gun if they want, but the following applies. If you ever visit Canada, please leave your guns at the border, we don't carry guns up here and don't put up with that kind of shit. Knives and baseball bats however are allowed.

We'll leave our guns, but energy weapons are a different category altogether.

500px-FO3_loading_capitalpost3.jpg

As someone who is 100% pro-gun ownership for law abiding citizens, I have no problem with this proposal whatsoever.

How do you know they weren't real tears? You talk with his acting coach? Were you in the room when he said he was going to shed a few tears to get the world buzzing?

More realistically, what did he have to gain by crying? It's not exactly going to win sympathy from the right, especially because the right is reacting exactly the way you are, which is, quite frankly, expected.

The thing I don't like is if you're selling one of your guns to your family member why should you have to register as a seller first? I get the fact they wan to keep track of where guns are sold/given but there has to be a better way.

Are... are you serious?

Because just because someone is your family member doesn't mean that they should be trusted to own a gun. The human piece of shit that committed the Newtown shootings got his guns from his mom.

My point is, if the Government did so feel like opressing everyone, they would. No one's stock pile of hunting rifles is, nor would, be stopping them.

They can place a cruise missle in your kitchen window without you even knowing they are there.

Do you think your camo gear and dont tread on me flag is going to stop them?

The whole "to defend ourselves against/overthrow the government" argument became totally irrelevant about fifty years ago. Someone should break that to these people.

Oh I completely agree. It's a ridiculous argument, but there's really no good reason to own assault rifles or weapons of that nature, so they'll grasp at whatever straws they can find to justify it.

Are... are you serious?

Because just because someone is your family member doesn't mean that they should be trusted to own a gun. The human piece of shit that committed the Newtown shootings got his guns from his mom.

Oh I completely agree. It's a ridiculous argument, but there's really no good reason to own assault rifles or weapons of that nature, so they'll grasp at whatever straws they can find to justify it.

I dunno about everyone elses family but hey.....

I think it's a good first (billionth?) step. I don't see how anyone can argue it as well. As someone who is not from America, I find America more scary than all but a handful of places in the whole world, now ain't that saying something. I've talked to a lot of people about it as well and most of them agree. I know it's not people running around 24/7 on every street shooting people but still. Don't really see the argument of having them because your scared of your government as well. Obviously I'm not from there but surely a better alternative than everyone having guns is just moving countries instead.

Anyways seems silly that this didn't happen sooner and more silly that people would disagree with it.

Yea man, him shedding a tear over small children being gunned down at school days before Christmas break is pretty implausible.

Some people still propose that Sandy Hook was staged by the Obama Administration in order to further push gun control. I don't know how I am constantly able to restrain myself from punching these people in the face until the stupid comes out.

I remember about a year ago, a woman telling me this theory...based on a Youtube video she had seen. Then when she saw I got visibly angry and I told her that the principal who had died was related to someone I knew, she completely changed her mind. I didn't even tell her that the wristband I wear every single damn day that says "26 angels gone too soon" was about Sandy Hook.

The even worse part is, terrorists know that's where to target. They are going to start targeting elementary schools and parks, because they know that's where it's going to hit us the most. The only thing to do is to get schools and parents and everyone more prepared. The only good thing about the entire thing is that it was sort of a wake up call. Maybe, I was in High School at the time and afterwards they made the teachers lock their doors of all the classrooms the entire day. That lasted a good two months until everyone went back to their complacent lifestyles.

As someone who works with kids in so many different aspects, I don't understand how people can take something like with what happened at Sandy Hook so lightly. I never forget it, and I wasn't even there...I didn't know anyone. An acquaintance of mine was related to the principal, and I honestly didn't care about her. A bunch of little kids got freaking massacred. And yet people have the audacity to propose that shit was all some big hoax.

I don't know. Maybe that's their way with coping with the situation. I mean I wish it was all fake, that would honestly be a lot better. That day was darker for me than anything that's ever happened in my lifetime. Personal things, family members dying, none of that even compares. And the worst part about it is it's not about if it's going to happen again, it's when it's going to happen again. And people need to stop bickering over stupid shit about their right to own an assault rifle (Keyword: assault) and prepare for it.

Some people still propose that Sandy Hook was staged by the Obama Administration in order to further push gun control.I don't know how I am constantly able to restrain myself from punching these people in the face until the stupid comes out.

I remember about a year ago, a woman telling me this theory...based on a Youtube video she had seen. Then when she saw I got visibly angry and I told her that the principal who had died was related to someone I knew, she completely changed her mind. I didn't even tell her that the wristband I wear every single damn day that says "26 angels gone too soon" was about Sandy Hook.

The even worse part is, terrorists know that's where to target. They are going to start targeting elementary schools and parks, because they know that's where it's going to hit us the most. The only thing to do is to get schools and parents and everyone more prepared. The only good thing about the entire thing is that it was sort of a wake up call. Maybe, I was in High School at the time and afterwards they made the teachers lock their doors of all the classrooms the entire day. That lasted a good two months until everyone went back to their complacent lifestyles.

Living in fear of mass murders sounds like a conducive environment for learning.

My alma mater has been in the news recently because the campus police department has just been armed with assault rifles just in case there's a shooter on campus. This has caused a huge backlash from students and alumni. I'm not a fan of the move, but I understand it. The rifles aren't going to be carried around by police everyday, as I understand it they only get pulled out if there's a shooter on campus. But I also get why people have an issue with it: it seems like a waste of money to prepare for something you don't want to happen when we should be taking more preventative measures instead of reactionary measures.

I also attended a fairly liberal university, even by Massachusetts standards, so it's somewhat angering to see my college subscribing to the NRA's, "Fight gun violence with more guns," theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back