General Bitching About Politics

This bill doesn't shock me one bit. I've paid way too much attention to Politics in the last 10 years to be shocked by something like this. After a while everything the Left does becomes so insufferably predictable.

As for the whole "Bush did more damage than Obama!" debate, well... we're 8 months in. He's got a lot more track to run on. But I'll be keeping score. I really don't think that 90% of what Bush did was actual "damage", I think most of what he did was "policy people didn't agree with"... which is not the same thing. Obama thus far has done a lot of ACTUAL damage. That government spending bill is going to throw us into debt the likes of which makes what Bush spent look like a piggy bank. I'm praying that the bulk of that spending that goes into effect around 2012 gets nixed, ASAP.

As for the economy... sorry, the Bush line is dead. Its now 8 months in. The expected turnaround for a recession is 16 months. He should be halway there, and we've seen almost NO improvement. I don't recall numbers like this during the Bush years. Hate Bush all you want, show me at any point between 2000 and 2007 the average national unemployment hit this mark. Don't forget also that recessions are cyclic. Nothing "caused" this recession. Recessions happen. Its part of the way economics works. The trick to recession is how you deal with them.

Things have not gotten better since Obama took office, economically speaking. You can throw out ******ed notions like "Cash for Klunkers" all you want, but that doesn't put people into working jobs.

How's that hope and change working out for you?

This bill doesn't shock me one bit. I've paid way too much attention to Politics in the last 10 years to be shocked by something like this. After a while everything the Left does becomes so insufferably predictable.

And the Right isn't predictable as well? Both sides of the aisle have been playing the same shtick for decades now.

As for the whole "Bush did more damage than Obama!" debate, well... we're 8 months in. He's got a lot more track to run on. But I'll be keeping score. I really don't think that 90% of what Bush did was actual "damage", I think most of what he did was "policy people didn't agree with"... which is not the same thing. Obama thus far has done a lot of ACTUAL damage. That government spending bill is going to throw us into debt the likes of which makes what Bush spent look like a piggy bank. I'm praying that the bulk of that spending that goes into effect around 2012 gets nixed, ASAP.

So how is it that when Bush makes mistakes, it's "policy people don't agree with", but when Obama does it, it's "ACTUAL damage"? I'm sorry, are those thousands of dead American soldiers not considered "actual damage" now? That's just policy? I don't like what Obama is doing either, but I'm so sick of people holding double-standards based on party lines.

And the Right isn't predictable as well? Both sides of the aisle have been playing the same shtick for decades now.

The Right is predictable because we believe in the same defenses to the same attacks. I don't believe I NEED a new reason to defend something every time it gets attacked again. If I say tax cuts are good because it encourages economic growth, then yes... it is predictable for me to say that because its true and it works. The left's predictability is in the crap they are always trying to pull. They putt it around, see what sticks to the wall, and if it gets beaten they put it back in the drawer for a while and then bring it back out again.

Card check will be back for example. FACT.

So how is it that when Bush makes mistakes, it's "policy people don't agree with", but when Obama does it, it's "ACTUAL damage"? I'm sorry, are those thousands of dead American soldiers not considered "actual damage" now? That's just policy? I don't like what Obama is doing either, but I'm so sick of people holding double-standards based on party lines.

I agree with you completely in principle, but this example is a bit different. First off, soliders are a bad example because you are going to have dead soliders under any President involved in a military conflict.

From a legislative point of view, just about the only sweeping thing that was done was the Patriot Act and its subliminal bits surrounding it. Legislatively, Obama has been firing off new damaging LAWS left and right, and there is nothing to indicate he is going to stop anytime soon. There's a difference between a policy you don't like because is too far Left or too far Right, and drumming up hype to pass laws that could cripple elements of the country for a long time. The fact that Obama has THREE MORE YEARS, and potential second term is alarming. People keep trying to compare Obama to Bush, but I don't think you can accurate use phrases like "Bush damage > Obama damage" before the first year is up. Well, DUH.

Tax cuts for the rich are terrible because every penny they get they hide in their giant mansions and don't spend.

For all you rich hating ______________, try to get a job FROM A POOR PERSON!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you want to be poor your whole life BUT I DON"T.

Should I wait around for obama to take the money from some rich guy and GIVE it to me?

Or should I go out and work for the money and save what I can?

I have a job that pays commission only, do you know what that means? I get paid for making sales, not for showing up and picking my _____. There is no minimum that I make , but there IS NO LIMIT to what I can make either. I know one company I could make a sale to and my commission would be $39,0000, for 1 sale!!!!

Quit complaining and EARN YOUR MONEY!!!

to the mods: hope that wasn't to prejudice or mean to obama.

Tax cuts for the rich are terrible because every penny they get they hide in their giant mansions and don't spend.

I hope this was meant as sarcasm. Unless they are a trust fund baby, or an heir to a family like the Hiltons, most of the rich earn their money in SOME fashion. And when a rich person comes in an area and blows a wad of cash on their lavish lifestyle, that's money back into the economy. Again, I hope this was a sarcastic statement.

For all you rich hating ______________, try to get a job FROM A POOR PERSON!!!!!!!!!

You're correct that you'll never get a job from a homeless transient, but I'm not sure your argument is phrased in a particularly persuasive way.

I don't know if you want to be poor your whole life BUT I DON"T.

Most people don't. But that doesn't stop anyone from complaining endless about someone with more than they do.

Should I wait around for obama to take the money from some rich guy and GIVE it to me?

Only if you are a special interest group. If you are a white male of a nondescript demographic I am afraid you are shit out of luck.

Or should I go out and work for the money and save what I can?

Unemployment in my county is currently 16%. At this point having a job AT ALL might be more of an immediate priority than how much you are saving.

I have a job that pays commission only, do you know what that means? I get paid for making sales, not for showing up and picking my _____. There is no minimum that I make , but there IS NO LIMIT to what I can make either. I know one company I could make a sale to and my commission would be $39,0000, for 1 sale!!!!

Grats. That's earned income. Some folks should take notes.

Quit complaining and EARN YOUR MONEY!!!

Quit complaining? Nah, there will always be another Demon lying around to turn into the next Source Of All Problems.

to the mods: hope that wasn't to prejudice or mean to obama.

I think that might qualify as "hate speech" according to the absurdly vague definition of hate speech X linked in another thread.

Snow wolf, I was being sarcastic, like it or not, tax cuts INCREASE tax revenue. People keep more of THEIR MONEY, spend it on something and more people pay taxes get jobs etc.

Example: Evil rich person gets a tax cut, buys a new house.
Lets see were the money goes.
Carpenters, lumber company employees, paint, tile, roofing, windows, furniture, movers, real estate agents, ALL companies(w/employees) who benefit from the EVIL rich person getting an EVIL tax cut.

Don't forget the INCREASED LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL TAX revenue not just in property taxes. All the companies and their employees are also paying taxes.

Reagan cut taxes alot and revenue to the irs went UP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back