Damien Sandow: A Thinking-Man's Professional Wrestler?

His debut promo was quite impressive. The way he spoke was almost perfect (neither too fast nor too slow). As PaperGhost pointed out his facial expressions were great. His gimmick seems to be really different from the usual cocky heels that are present in abundance. I have not seen his ring work, so can't comment on that.

He does seem like a guy that could be a really impressive mis-card heel and if he gets good reaction, could be pushed to the main event status. I hope that the WWE builds him up stedily instead of pushing him to the main-event right away.

This guy is a Hunter Hearst Helmsley wannabe, lol.
His mic skills are decent, but I don't see anything special in him. Dean Ambrose has much more potential.

Guys, just because Damien Sandow is getting called up doesn't mean Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins aren't. Hell, Dean's getting a viral video storyline from WWE I believe. Everything is gonna be ok.

I really liked the vignette, it was so simple that we were really just focused on him and his words. His vocabulary seems very refined so it worked out well. Seeing some of his FCW work Sandow is really great and I think he's going to develop a character that will work well for him.

Is it just me or does this guy's character remind you of Muhammid Hussian in a way? MH was anti america because of percieved racial and ethical prejudice. This guy talks is anti america because of it's ways in which the society conducts itself? Might be a stretch, but that's what I thought. I cannot comment any further however, I've never seen him wrestle.

I liked the vignette. I will agree with others in that I have always liked the "more intelligent than the masses" type of heel. As long as he is good on the mic (which he seems to be based on the video) he should do well. Nothing gets good heat like insulting the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back