Damien Sandow Rules

phlewfy

I'm all out of bubble gum!
I really like this guy. I know we haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen I have really liked. His character is the stuff classic heels are made of. His arrogance and disdain towards the crowd harken back to an era when guys actually used their personality and mic skills to get legitimate heat from an audience. You just don't see this kind of talent very often these days. Most guys in today's WWE use sneak attacks, women bashing, weapons to get cheap heat. It's refreshing to see a guy with the verbal skills to draw heat the old fashioned way. I just really really like this character. This guy really reminds of an era that has long since passed. Hopefully he has the in ring ability to go along with this great character he is developing. Is anyone else on board with the Damien Sandow express or am I the only one who digs what this guy is doing?

REFEREE, REFEREE, PLEASE DO YOUR JOB, REFEREE, THANK YOU.

I see a world heavyweight champion in Sandow, he can go from aggressive to perfectly calm in seconds and cut a killer promo.

"Oh, isn't this up-and-coming heel a really impressive wrestler?" is Internet Wrestling Cliché #1. In this case, I'd say it's justified.

Initially, I wasn't very impressed with ol' Damien Sandow. The character seemed, somewhat ironically, very crude and on the nose. An intelligent and articulate gentleman lecturing wrestling fans on etiquette, accusing them of being stupid and ignorant. We've been here before, haven't we? Calling wrestling fans ignorant is like calling the Pope Catholic; it's true, but it's part and parcel of the job.

Like a cancerous mole, he's grown on me. It could be the hot pink wrestling trunks - those came out of the blue. It could be the news that, backstage, he's become CM Punk's sidekick - I'm a gormless stooge like that. It could be that Sandow's character is as tight as a drum. Even when Jericho put on a suit and called everyone parasites, I wasn't really convinced. I'd always seen Jericho as a bit of a goofball; a suit and boring monologues weren't going to sway me. Sandow, on the other hand, comes over as genuinely well spoken and articulate, and the robe is a nice touch. There's a lot of nice touches actually, including how he holds the microphone like a brandy glass. I buy it.

It's early days, but I've taken a liking to Hot Pink.

I think he's brilliant. He's got a gimmick that is quite bizarre, but has a purpose and a reason, and I'm actually intrigued to see what they do with him because I can tell it will be good.

I had to text my "fair-weather" wrestling buddy, who is very cynical... and I said "check this guy - damien sandow."

He agreed he was a throw back to great characters like The Genius. He has a Rick Rude look with the robe. A Bobby Heenan intelligence.

He just seems like a refreshing character that has an amazing ability on the mic.

I think they could even expand his character, to be a genius strategist, or manipulator, using his intelligence to con people.

Yeh, I really like Sandow. His mic-work is unique and very good. He actually comes across quite funny. Obviously will have to wait until he has a proper feud to determine his ring skills.

I would have liked to see him debut into a proper feud. Ryback, tensai, Clay and Sandow have all had similar debuts so maybe throwing Sandow into a proper feud would have been more enjoyable.

I've also really enjoyed the character. I think he can for sure find a spot on the roster with it. All the way from the hot pink trunks to holding the microphone like a brandy glass, there are many little details I like about it.

The one thing I want from it though is for him to appear on RAW live so I can actually judge what kind of crowd reaction he is getting.

So far, so good for a man who's a cross between the Genius and Sideshow Bob of the Simpsons.

The ignoramus list on WWE.com may be a bellweather for this man's future feuds (Ryder, Santino, Clay, Punk). He's got some great idiosyncracies already.

Damien Sandow's errors :

The 2nd Promo of Damien Sandow - "The Age of Enlightenment" - He referred to the Age of Enlightenment as the 19th century whereas "The Age of Enlightenment" was the 18th, not the 19th century! Isaac Newton was in 18th century not 19th century.

Damien Sandow hates Twitter yet he has a Twitter account.

Damien Sandow's errors :

The 2nd Promo of Damien Sandow - "The Age of Enlightenment" - He referred to the Age of Enlightenment as the 19th century whereas "The Age of Enlightenment" was the 18th, not the 19th century! Isaac Newton was in 18th century not 19th century.

Damien Sandow hates Twitter yet he has a Twitter account.
Cannot tell if trolling or serious.

Anyway, I love this guy. Obviously there's not too much to go on so far but from what I've seen, Sandow is a real talent. His promos have been brilliant thus far and from what I've seen of him in the ring against Yoshi and previous FCW matches on YouTube, he looks good. Just a case of waiting to see how he fares in his first proper feud now, but a great start for him.

Also as someone else stated, I'd like to see him on Raw in order to fully see what kind of reaction he garners.

This is somewhat like Hunter Hearst Helmsey's debut done right. HHH also used Hallelujah! as a theme and played the upper class snob. HHH was awkward and boring with this gimmick. Sandow looks completely comfortable with it. I still don't get how the pink tights go with his gimmick but they are just so awesome I can't complain.
I would have liked to see him feud with Ryder when he was hot but at this time, Ryder seems too weak. Instead, Sandow could fight Santino or R Truth once his tag team run is over.

He's brilliant. Even his tone when he's forced to get louder due to the boo's...he always keeps that articulate assertive voice. He's hilarious. I can see this guy with the Intercontinental Title one day. Speaking of his greatness and burying us "ignorant masses" and everyone in the locker room. I can see orton giving him a rub in a decent fued also. Overall I hope Sandow does big things in WWE. and that "Thank You Damien" sign in the audience seems like it'll become trendy...lol

I think Damien Sandow is hilarious. Everything from the way he holds his mic to his facial expressions and verbose intros make me laugh. Unlike the Genius, I think Sandow will get far in the WWE. He also has a very old school heel look, which is missing in WWE today. I like it.

I'm glad I am not the only one who saw The Genius in him. He's a few poems away from the character. I was a bit surprised when he took his robe off though, I envisioned him bigger so it works in that regard for his heel role as well. I enjoy watching him and do see a long career if he continues to improve. Haha, could anyone see him with Ziggler as a throwback to Perfect/Genius?

Liked this kid since I saw the first promo they aired on smackdown. Love "you're welcome." He's got a good look and it's scary how much he reminds me of William Regal on the stick.

I probably would've made this thread if you hadn't, I love Damien Sandow and everything about him.As others have said he has originality and little things like the way he holds the mic or how he addresses the crowd make him that much better. The tights the way he flips up after using his moves all make him better to watch. I also love how he transitions from calm to aggressive back to calm again.

Needles to say, I see a future World or WWE champion in Sandow. The 'E have struck gold

and in a year we will all be sick of him...lol.

Seriously anyone remeber the Miz?

Last year everyone was on board now it seems everyone is just well bored of the Miz. Hopefully he will have a longer run and stay relevant but its too early for me to pass judgement.

Yeah, I'm liking this guy. He's not like some of the other guys on the rosters that don't have much in the way of personality. He's like a combination of "The Genius" Lanny Poffo and either Dean Douglas or a heel Matt Striker. He just has a certain air to him. Plus, "Allow me to beg your indulgence" is a pretty good catchphrase.

Um if you look at his ring attire and some of his mannerisms he's really The Genius 2.0. Here's the only few key differences between the two. 1. His promos are actually articulated into speech where The Genius had most of his intelligence promos via Poems. 2. Damien Sandow's wrestling ability far surpasses the brother of Randy Savage. But if you watched Smackdown his purple and pink ring attire is what Genius had worn in the late 80's early 90's. Genius was also known for that little cartwheel the Damien Sandow did after his match, because honestly the first thing that came to mind when I seen the attire was Genius, once the cartwheel was done that pretty much cemented it.
Right now I am a fan of Sandow because it gives a fresh perspective from a heel side in which heels are majorly lacking any type of differences and starting to become bland, however I think I need to see more Damien Sandow and less mimicking past gimmicks

Very impressed with this guy. His mic work is fantastic, can cut a great promo! The ring work that I saw from his three moves on Tatsu is hopefully just a glimpse in to what this guy can do. But so far, so good. Expect big things from this guy.

I'm also really, really enjoying Sandow's stuff right now. Initially, I liked his promo abilities and he'so nly continued to impress me on the mic. His comments towards the ref during his match with Tatsu were classic and just meshed completely with his character.

One thing that also impresses me with Sandow are the little things that he does to make every movement or word he says seem unwasted. For instance, look at the way he holds the microphone. He holds it like some snooty elitist might hold a glass of brandy rather than wrapping his fingers around the mic handle. The way that he carries himself also just flows perfectly with his character.

While we haven't seen a lot of him in the ring, I do like that he has an aggressive and, simultaneously, athletic style about him. He went from being supremely cool to ravenously vicious against Yoshi in no time at all. While I'll have to see more of his ability in the ring to really get on board with him, as far as an in-ring competitor goes, but he's definitely going in the right direction thus far in my eyes.

Yup he looked really well against Yoshi Tatsu and his character makes me feel like a second grader when he talks but his alleluyah theme really bugs me out its f***ing annoying

The best of the new talents WWE have brought to the main roster over the last few months, he has his character down perfectly to the very smallest detail, and crucially he remembers to incorporate his character into his ring work, something a lot of heels don't do very well these days.

In the ring he looks athletic and his strikes are crisp, plus he has a good change of pace when going for the jugular. I can see him as a rival from the IC title against Christian when his feud with Cody is done.

I remember ALOT of love for Alberto Del Rio then the IWC turned on him. I still like ADR by the way.

I enjoy Sandows work though, throw back from the 90s as already cited by many. Maybe have him go after Christian and the IC belt when his fued with Rhodes is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back