• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curt Hawkins returns

TheKingofKings20222

WWE Attitude Era Champion
The following is a report from wrestlezone.com

Curt Hawkins returned to action at a WWE house show in Anchorage, Alaska last night, in a losing effort to Justin Gabriel. As you may remember, Hawkins is returning from a torn PCL and meniscus injury that has kept him out of action since undergoing surgery in October of last year.

Curt Hawkins also had a new look when he made his return.
http://twitpic.com/bw8dku/full

The first thing I think of when I see this, is Zack Ryder. Will WWE make them a tag team again? This could be something that could undoubtedly save Ryder's career. I say, turn Ryder heel, and stick him with Hawkins.

Although I doubt two fucks will be given, I do like Curt Hawkins. From that angle in the image he kind of resembles Kid Kash?!

And that's another former long haired Superstar whose got the chop.

I certainly hope that Hawkins and Ryder tag back up. The reconstruction of the tag team division has stalled a little bit, so getting a pair of former tag champions back into the fold would be a smart move. Despite their less-than-stellar singles careers, getting them over as a tag team shouldn't be too hard; as I said, they're former champs, and they have very good continuity in the ring. Heel or face I'd welcome a reunited Hawkins and Ryder.

I do like Hawkins new look, to me he has always been one of those under used guys who could put on a good match for you. Hopefully he will be done with his 1 minute squash job matches.

Good. I like Hawkins.

I think they should team him up with Ryder again. While he has the skill to be a midcard guy, some guys are better off in a tag team.

Wow, he DOES look an awful lot like Ryder in that pic from that angle. Hawkins can take a shit-kicking like few other, I love seeing him.

Tagging the two men would seem difficult now if Ryder and Brodus were to get teamed up, so there's a little chestnut to crack. I don't know how to solve that problem, maybe having Brodus also turn heel (ANOTHER little three-man heel stable?) Or having the smaller two feud against him.

Yea he does look a hell of alot like RYder, but hes gone back to his Edge Heads Attir with RYders colour scheme by the looks??

Anyway..

I think everyone wants a Hawkins Ryder reunion because whats the alternative ? Release, Hawkins is a too talented guy to be simply released and Ryder does have have a entertaining and marketable character. The E killed Ryder and now he is going no where as a singles star, Hawkins could, but hes just jobbing and going no where in the for seeable future. I say a tag team is perfect for the both of them.

Plus I believe, and this is only my opinion, that A Hawkins Ryder v Team Hell No Rivalry would be good

Wow.. even though it's not the best pic, the hair is almost identical to Ryder.

However, I don't think the WWE is looking to re-form the Hawkins/Ryder tag-team because it would seem that Ryder want's his way out of the company, there's no doubt he's frustrated and it seems as if he's been trying to get released for quite some time.

If I'm wrong and Ryder doesn't want out, I think the reformation of 'The Major Bros' would be a great thing for Hawkins, Ryder, and WWE with their sudden revival of the tag-team division.

Wow, he DOES look an awful lot like Ryder in that pic from that angle.

From the same angle, I thought it was Christian.

Sure, why not put Zack and Hawk back together? I don't know how many will even remember that the two broke into WWE together, but Zack is going nowhere right now and WWE seems intent on rebuilding the tag team division, which is a good thing. So, why not?

If Zack, for some reason, feels he's advanced beyond Curt Hawkins and looks at the pairing as a step down, I'd suggest to him that a better question might be to wonder why Zack was allowed to achieve as much as he did in the first place. On the other hand, if these guys are friends in real life, the whole thing (if it happens) might go over smoothly.

There, guys! We've made a match. Now, let's give Zack and Curt a girl to shake her ass before and after matches, and we'll have the American version of Primo, Epico and Rosa!

Hell, they can feud with each other in an updated version of "West Side Story!"

The Jets vs. the Sharks?:rolleyes:

C'mon!

I've always liked Curt for some reason.But atm the only way I would care about him is if he goes and reunites with Ryder cause as sigles stars they just arent good enough.

But now that I wrote that, I realise Curt hasnt had a singles run like with a US champ or smth so I cant really judge the guy. + The guy is 27 and still has lots more time.

So yea not many fucks will be given about his return but a few of us, very few, wish for him to get more exposure.

As a side note I m starting to not like this Miz face turn at all.Hes more annoying than ever atm and I can barely watch his segments.I d rather see others stars, like Curt given that time.

It's nice to see Curt back. His tag team with Tyler Rex was pretty entertaining. He definitely got the shaft in that situation. And his new haircut is interesting. It looks like he would fit with Ryder more now that they both have short hair (as shallow and stupid as that seems, it's true). As many other have been saying, it would be a good time to re-form that tag team. They have always had good chemistry with each other, and I think that they could help boost the newly revitalized Tag Team Division. Ryder's singles career has been floundering thanks to WWE's less than stellar booking of him since he hit his hot streak at the end of last year. I don't see much more for either of them to do right now, as WWE has cut all of their momentum out from under them. It would be in both of their best interests to re-form the team.

Curt's in ring return does zero for me. In my eyes he is just another jobber there in the company to fill the gabs and make the money makers look better.

A tag-team with Ryder just doesn't suit either. Ryder is by far the bigger star and if he were to join Hawkins than his own character would be effected.

Singles competition is now reserved for the very good or the bad. There aren't may in-between guys so Hawkins would certainly not be competing for a singles belt.

He seems like the kinda guy who would join Slater in the 3MB. Or the 4MB if he joins. I'd prefer if he replaced someone as neither Mahal or Mcintyre suit the rock-star gimmick.

A tag-team with Ryder just doesn't suit either. Ryder is by far the bigger star and if he were to join Hawkins than his own character would be effected.

Singles competition is now reserved for the very good or the bad. There aren't may in-between guys so Hawkins would certainly not be competing for a singles belt.

He seems like the kinda guy who would join Slater in the 3MB. Or the 4MB if he joins. I'd prefer if he replaced someone as neither Mahal or Mcintyre suit the rock-star gimmick.

I don't think teaming wiht Hawkins would affect Ryder at all. Ryder's stock has fallen pretty hard. It's not like Ryder's on the fast train to the main event and teaming with Hawkins would be a "step down". While WWE are going to milk Ryder's merchandise sales for all they're worth, they're not going to give him a real push. And since NEITHER of them are going to get a serious singles push any time soon, then the best course of action would be to reunite them. I would rather see Hawkins & Ryder reunited than see either of them randomly teaming with someone like Santino, Brodus, or 3MB for no reason. It gives Ryder some actual purpose instead of just being a jobber and it gets Hawkins more exposure. And since they're best friends in real life, I doubt either man would have a problem with the other and would love to help each other out.

3MB is fine as it is. Slater, Mahal and McIntyre need each other. Slater's charisma has rubbed off on Jinder and Drew, and Slater has gotten a bit more credibility now that he's adapted Jinder and Drew's aggressive ground and pound style in the ring.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Curt Hawkins. It certainly helped whenever I got to watch him perform on Superstars every week. His matches with Trent Berretta were somewhat magical. However, since then, he's fallen quite a bit off my radar. Hawkins’ spot on the roster is completely replaceable by any number of guys who will gladly job to Brodus Clay and Ryback. But, as long as he's here, there's nothing wrong with teaming him up with Zack Ryder since they’ve both been quite irrelevant for a while now.
Me a while back. Like seriously a while back...but for real... said:
Zack Ryder went out of his way to get himself over using the power of Youtube and social media. Why couldn't Curt Hawkins spike his hair, turn face and dub himself as the [insert hometown city name] Iced C (for Curt)? Pair these two back up and get Hawkins out of the undercard hell he's been in for years.
I posted this a while back while Ryder was on the rise of becoming the next big thing for the internet. Ryder was still very much relevant, and Hawkins was hanging onto his WWE career by the thinnest, smallest thread imaginable. Somehow, Hawkins' thread still has not snapped and he's managed to remain on the WWE roster. What's changed since then is now Ryder is much less relevant than he was when I posted this. He’s doing nothing – like at all. Since they are both on the same path of nothingness, it makes sense to team these two together using Ryder’s very corny gimmick.

I've been all for teaming the most irrelevant Superstars on the roster to give them something to do. It worked for The Primetime Players to an extent; it could very well work for Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Imagine the type of comedy these two could do together. A new, yet not a total rip off reincarnations of one of the greatest tag teams in Edge & Christian. They do have some potential, and since both are wasting precious space that could be filled up by any number of those wonderful NXT wrestlers, why not utilize these two together? They could be killing two birds with one stone here.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Curt Hawkins. It certainly helped whenever I got to watch him perform on Superstars every week. His matches with Trent Berretta were somewhat magical. However, since then, he's fallen quite a bit off my radar. Hawkins’ spot on the roster is completely replaceable by any number of guys who will gladly job to Brodus Clay and Ryback. But, as long as he's here, there's nothing wrong with teaming him up with Zack Ryder since they’ve both been quite irrelevant for a while now.

I posted this a while back while Ryder was on the rise of becoming the next big thing for the internet. Ryder was still very much relevant, and Hawkins was hanging onto his WWE career by the thinnest, smallest thread imaginable. Somehow, Hawkins' thread still has not snapped and he's managed to remain on the WWE roster. What's changed since then is now Ryder is much less relevant than he was when I posted this. He’s doing nothing – like at all. Since they are both on the same path of nothingness, it makes sense to team these two together using Ryder’s very corny gimmick.

I've been all for teaming the most irrelevant Superstars on the roster to give them something to do. It worked for The Primetime Players to an extent; it could very well work for Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Imagine the type of comedy these two could do together. A new, yet not a total rip off reincarnations of one of the greatest tag teams in Edge & Christian. They do have some potential, and since both are wasting precious space that could be filled up by any number of those wonderful NXT wrestlers, why not utilize these two together? They could be killing two birds with one stone here.

Zack & Hawkins could be this generation's E&C if booked right. A good mix of comedy, serious, and wrestling skills could make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back