What If You Have Something For Creative?

akrassikauda

#Evil Empire
We've all heard the saying "Creative has nothing for you" but what if the talent has something easy for creative and creative balks or is balking on an idea for a storyline/feud. Well creative is doing that right now to Zach Ryder.

Ryder's next feud should be against

Curt Hawkins! (I know plenty of you just said WTF! but don't set yourselves on fire yet)

For those who watch ZTLIS Hawkins has come off as the jealous friend ever since Ryder won the US title. Jealous of Ryder's success,while he jobs to Brodus Clay and he made light of it. Hawkins carry's a cane now, nobody notices it but Ryder and Stafford put out the Broski Cane. Hawkins reaction was funny. Ryder gets to be in a storyline with Cena & Kane while Hawkins is on Superstars or NXT.

This is a softball storyline for creative. Nothing fancy it's simple we where tight until you got bigger than me so now I'm mad. These two are begging creative to go with this. Creative is dropping the ball again. Last time Ryder and Ziggler had to sell their storyline on Youtube(Ziggler has some of the best promo work not seen on tv). You don't have to make this a top storyline you could make this filler it's that easy.

Questions I have for you is how would you book it Hawkins vs Ryder.

Is this another example of creative being lazy?

Does Hawkins and Ryder deserve credit for trying.

I'd book it Hawkins costs Ryder a #1 contenders match for ether mid card title. Once again nothing fancy or over the top,it could conclude at a minor PPV right before the bathroom break err Divas match aka Beth Pheonix's bum of the month club.

We've all heard the saying "Creative has nothing for you" but what if the talent has something easy for creative and creative balks or is balking on an idea for a storyline/feud. Well creative is doing that right now to Zach Ryder.

Ryder's next feud should be against

Curt Hawkins! (I know plenty of you just said WTF! but don't set yourselves on fire yet)

For those who watch ZTLIS Hawkins has come off as the jealous friend ever since Ryder won the US title. Jealous of Ryder's success,while he jobs to Brodus Clay and he made light of it. Hawkins carry's a cane now, nobody notices it but Ryder and Stafford put out the Broski Cane. Hawkins reaction was funny. Ryder gets to be in a storyline with Cena & Kane while Hawkins is on Superstars or NXT.

This is a softball storyline for creative. Nothing fancy it's simple we where tight until you got bigger than me so now I'm mad. These two are begging creative to go with this. Creative is dropping the ball again. Last time Ryder and Ziggler had to sell their storyline on Youtube(Ziggler has some of the best promo work not seen on tv). You don't have to make this a top storyline you could make this filler it's that easy.

Questions I have for you is how would you book it Hawkins vs Ryder.

Is this another example of creative being lazy?

Does Hawkins and Ryder deserve credit for trying.

I'd book it Hawkins costs Ryder a #1 contenders match for ether mid card title. Once again nothing fancy or over the top,it could conclude at a minor PPV right before the bathroom break err Divas match aka Beth Pheonix's bum of the month club.

That makes sense to me. They were both tag partners at one time and back in OVW so it seems they could also add a personal feel to the storyline. This also seems like a good way to get Hawkins into the main roster.

The problem is that Curt Hawkins isn't over. At all. The casual fan probably doesn't even know who that is. Raw is only two hours long, so there is only so much time for guys to even be on the show. With the news that Curt Hawkins is helping The Rock work off ring rust, I'd assume his job is safe for now. Curt Hawkins should be thankful that he even has that right now.

I'm sure every guy on the roster has an idea or two for a gimmick/feud. But again, Raw is only two hours. Goldust wanted to fight Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania. But obviously Vince had a different idea. Taking initiative is great, but just because a guy has an idea doesn't mean it will be used.

As it stands, WWE has given me no reason to care anything about Curt Hawkins. Could that change? Sure. Before Zack Ryder had his youtube show, I didn't care about him either. I'm not saying everyone should start a youtube show. I'm just saying that to be successful in WWE, you have to get over, one way or the other. I acknowledge that it's hard to get over when you aren't even on TV. But life is not fair. You can't choose the hand you're dealt, just how you play them.

The problem is that Curt Hawkins isn't over. At all.

Exactly. Even when he was on TV fairly regularly I couldn't give a crap about him. Neither did the fans if you ever listened to their lack of reaction. And frankly, it makes me wonder why Zack Ryder would push for this. Hmmm.... Let's go from a big storyline with Cena, Kane and Eve, to a feud with...Curt Hawkins! Wait, who? :shrug:

Zack Ryder vs. Curt Hawkins would work out really well for the United States Title scene. One thing that can put this filler storyline to the forefront would be to include Vickie Guerrero trying to get one of them on her stable and have Edge involved as a Special Guest Referee or something. I too would start it out with a Number One Contender’s match and work its way to US Title matches. It can’t hurt, and it can only help. Add Tyler Reks into the mix and now you have an underdog / 2-on-1 storyline aspect as well.

I have been absolutely shocked that this storyline has not developed in any way shape or form yet.

This is a no-brainer and I think it is destined to happen at some point. They would not even have to have a belt to be involved. They could easily have Eve "orchestrate" it just to fuck with Ryder and Hawkins and it puts her over even more as an evil bitch.

There are plenty of angles this could go as well with Reks. Just alot to work with here for "creative."

It would've been nice if Hawkins & Ryder were added to the Celebrity Diva match. That would've been a much better role for Ryder than putting him in the GM tag match. It should've been Beth, Eve, and Hawkins (w/ Tyler Reks in his corner) vs. Maria Menounos, Kelly & Ryder (w/ a random appearance by someone like Alex Riley or Trent Barretta to stop Reks from interfering)

Plus it would've been a good celebrity moment if Maria Menounos were to fist pump with Ryder after the match.

wouldnt work. we have too much of these type of feuds already (tag team broke up, then they end up feuding with each other). If anything, the last ztlis should tell you how he feels about this type of feud

I've read Lance Storm's answer to this kind of question many times. The answer in short: it depends on who you are. If Cena has an idea for an angle, there's a good chance someone is going to listen to him and that he might get to do it because he's John Cena and he's earned the right to have some input. If you're Yoshi Tatsu, someone will probably ask who you are.

As for this angle, the problem is Hawkins and Ryder haven't teamed together in years. Most of the fans aren't going to remember anything about them, partially because they didn't mean much. Yeah they were champions and all that, but the titles don't really mean a ton, especially back when there were two sets. This feud would be a step backwards for Ryder, which is the last thing he needs at the moment. Ryder was the more talented and ambitious of the team and has gotten the push because of it. No need to have this feud.

I think this feud could really work! If done correctly it could help ryder seem stronger and put Hawkins and reks on the map.
Hear me out......
Hawkins and reks attack Ryder in a no. 1 contender match for the US title. The say how Ryder doesn't deserve what he has.... Blah blah blah .... Back and forth between the two sides for a couple of weeks ....... And then As said before eve siding with Hawkins reks , just so she's more hated. And then end it with Ryder defeating both Hawkins and reks with eve in their corner.

Creative have really done a awful job lately.......

If the point of this is to get Hawkins over, then he should be put with a big name like how Otunga was with Johnny Ace, Orton & Batista were with HHH & Flair, Rhodes & DiBiase were with Orton, etc. Look at Otunga - when he was with Nexus, he was known as Jennifer Hudson's husband. Now he's developed his own entrance, his own gimmick and his own quirks (*sips from thermos*).

That's what needs to happen to Hawkins, he needs to be attached to someone for a little while. I don't think Ryder is the right guy, maybe someone a bit more established like Vickie Guerrero or John Cena - depending on where they want to take his character. Either way, a feud with Ryder is not the way to go and will get both guys lost in the shuffle.

This thread is asking how would you book it, right? Not would you book it.

I personally would like to see this feud. I would book it starting with a tag team storyline at first (if WWE ever decides to have tag teams on tv again).

Have Hawkins/Reks vs Ryder and a tag partner, like Justin Gabriel or even Johnny Curtis, in a match to determine the number 1 contenders for the tag titles. Ryder pins Hawkins and that's when hawkin's frustration comes out on tv. Have Hawkins and Reks jump Ryder backstage, cost Ryder matches or things along that line.

That would be how I would at least start it. Not sure what I would do after that

I think that zack Ryder needs to long stronger...... I don't really know how they would achieve that because I don't think Ryder could beat both Hawkins and reks ...... But Ryder should defiantly be made to look stronger!

I've read Lance Storm's answer to this kind of question many times. The answer in short: it depends on who you are. If Cena has an idea for an angle, there's a good chance someone is going to listen to him and that he might get to do it because he's John Cena and he's earned the right to have some input. If you're Yoshi Tatsu, someone will probably ask who you are.

As for this angle, the problem is Hawkins and Ryder haven't teamed together in years. Most of the fans aren't going to remember anything about them, partially because they didn't mean much. Yeah they were champions and all that, but the titles don't really mean a ton, especially back when there were two sets. This feud would be a step backwards for Ryder, which is the last thing he needs at the moment. Ryder was the more talented and ambitious of the team and has gotten the push because of it. No need to have this feud.

Why not have the feud just because WWE needs to stop pushing one midcarder at a time at the expense of everyone else? That's the whole reason Ryder made the show in the first place. No one really needs to get pushed, they just need to matter, rather than having a midcard consisting entirely of whichever main eventers aren't currently going after the titles.

A feud with Hawkins is far from a step backwards. Ryder may have gotten more TV time, but he's still pretty much booked like a jobber. He just happens to be a relevant jobber.

Why not have the feud just because WWE needs to stop pushing one midcarder at a time at the expense of everyone else? That's the whole reason Ryder made the show in the first place. No one really needs to get pushed, they just need to matter, rather than having a midcard consisting entirely of whichever main eventers aren't currently going after the titles.

A feud with Hawkins is far from a step backwards. Ryder may have gotten more TV time, but he's still pretty much booked like a jobber. He just happens to be a relevant jobber.

So the solution to a guy who is being booked like a jobber is to have him face another jobber?

Hawkins isn't worth the time. He's been on NXT and is arguably the top heel there. He hasn't done anything in that role and has bored me to death with it. Ryder is a guy who is very over with the crowd and should be in title hunts, not slumming with a guy like Hawkins. Ryder moved up, Hawkins hasn't, and there's no reason for Ryder to be paired with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back