Curt Hawkins losing streak

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Last night, they continue the Hawkins losing streak angle on raw when Hawkins challenge Elias for a match and lost is 219 matches in a row, which is pretty much a made up number since he went from 108 to 219 in like a 2 weeks period.

Anyway, the weird thing about the whole thing is that Hawkins is actually getting over as a lower card character with this gimmick. The fun thing is that the most he loses, the more fans get behind it. Most of the time, He's the best thing going on main event every week.

So the problem is, that at some point, they need to pull the trigger and give him a win and then what to do you do with him. So what do you think about this. Who would should be the guy that Hawkins get is "First win" against and where should they do it.

The current Curt Hawkins run feels like some sort of hybrid between the reverse of Goldberg's undefeated streak and Sean Waltman's Lightning/Kamikaze/Cannonball (and eventually 1-2-3) kid gimmick.

One way of looking at it is that a win for Hawkins is inevitable. The predictable outcome is that he eventually goes over someone, gets a win, and from there establishes credibility and legitimacy going forward. However, what if the story turns out that he never wins, ever?

Match after match, he consistently improves and comes ever so close to winning. Sometimes he loses by count out because he gets distracted or attacked outside the ring. Sometimes he gets caught with a weapon in his hand that he didn't even use and gets disqualified. Sometimes it looks like he got the win but "extenuating circumstances" cause the referee to reverse the decision.

How long could this go on before the fans tire of it? I'm not sure, but if I was booking the show and had the current momentum of the Hawkins losing streak on my side, I'd attempt to find out how long fans are willing to tune into RAW, subscribe to WWE network, and purchase show tickets in hopes of seeing Hawkins break his streak.

Last night, they continue the Hawkins losing streak angle on raw when Hawkins challenge Elias for a match and lost is 219 matches in a row, which is pretty much a made up number since he went from 108 to 219 in like a 2 weeks period.

You sure that wasn't from 208 to 219 in a 2 week period? Because it was at 118 on September 25th of last year. It's been 331 days since then, making it very easy to rack up the additional 101 losses by working only 3 matches a week.

In any case, it's fine for now, it's allowing him to slowly and organically get over with the fans. But WWE has their habit of not knowing what to do with guys like him once they get over (for example, Curt's "brother" Zack Ryder), so they'll probably drop the ball here as well.

This won't amount to anything for Hawkins. The story is the losing streak, and it ends when he gets his first win. This losing streak is actually the best thing for Hawkins as it's a tried and true method of keeping jobbers relevant. Without it, he'd be lucky to even have a job in the WWE. So ironically, the best thing for Curt Hawkins is to keep this losing streak alive for as long as possible because, as I said, once it's over, he becomes an extremely expendable hand.

This is similar to what happened with Barry Horowitz. His greatest claim to fame is being such a great loser that even 20+ years later, people still remember his first win "ever" over Chris Candido. Sure he got a mini-push after that, but his greatest moment is still that first win. Of course it's possible that they try something with Hawkins after this whole thing is over, but I have a very hard time believing that current day WWE will give him any sort of push. I think his absolute ceiling is a possible US or IC title shot on TV.

I'm enjoying Hawkins. They should roll with this losing streak for as long as they possibly can.

You sure that wasn't from 208 to 219 in a 2 week period? Because it was at 118 on September 25th of last year. It's been 331 days since then, making it very easy to rack up the additional 101 losses by working only 3 matches a week.

In any case, it's fine for now, it's allowing him to slowly and organically get over with the fans. But WWE has their habit of not knowing what to do with guys like him once they get over (for example, Curt's "brother" Zack Ryder), so they'll probably drop the ball here as well.

I remember i think it was at the beginning of the month on main event, that one of the announcer said that hawkins 0-108 or something in that range and then last week on main event, he was 0-218.

Anyway that's not really important since that number is fictional anyway mostly because they don't count is stuff he did when he came back and his first and only feud with apollo crews where he actually won a couple of matches.

If an announcer said he was 0-108 at the beginning of the month, that was merely a flub on the announcer's part. He was acknowledged as being 0-150 at the beginning of the year on WWE's website (Curt Hawkins’ latest losing streak milestone commemorated with new T-shirt).

His last win in his feud with Apollo Crews was on November 6th 2016. That's over 650 days ago. That means that in order for the streak to be legitimate, he would have had to have lost an average of once every three days. which is an easy feat given his frequent weekly appearances on Main Event as well as the fact that each brand will have numerous house shows in any given week. It's not remotely like Goldberg's streak that would add 16 wins over the course of a single week when he'd only work once or twice.

Today, WWE decided to release a 10 minute journey video on curt hawkins. It's all about his road to having the biggest losing streak in WWE history and it quite interesting to see that they would go to that length just to promote a job guy which Hawkins was pretty much sign to be in the first place. At the end of the video, they also announce that they just release a Hawkins collection on the WWE network. So i find it interesting to see that they still see some steam in this angle and that at some point, they might actually pull the trigger on giving him a victory.

Anyway for those that didn'T see the video, here it is

If he does get a win, it will be a "fluke" type win against a top performer- probably someone like
Cena or the Miz.

All you have to do is go back in history to the 123 Kid and his win over Razor Ramon.

That type storyline has been done many times, and history usually repeats itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back