• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Current Favorite

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
Simple...what's your current favorite song, album, video, or artist and why. Mine is actually a pretty old song(2006-2007) but I have just been listening to it recently and it's "Gravity" by John Mayer. I just love this song and others by him and the thing is up until a week ago I never really paid much attention to he's music but its great.

Reactions: Tim
Song - Right now my favorite song is "I dont care" by Apocoliptica and featuring Adam Gontiers vocals and lead guitar. To me the song is amazing. The blend of Violin and Guitar is perfect. Gontiers vocals are great and he was the perfect gut to sing the lyrics. It's just a overall great song with awesome lyrics.

Artist - Avenged Sevenfold. They're badass. M. Shadows and Synyster Gates is what mae the band but they're still awesome. The only thing i dont like about their band is the drummer. DAMN he's annoying.

Video - Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold. The video and song is just flatout awesome. The flames in the video is complete badass. I know it's old but to me it's classic.

Album - Death Magnetic by Metallica. DUH , It's the best album so far this year. I cant stop listening to it. It's simply GREAT.

Song: "Protege Moi" - Placebo
I love this song even if it is french. I have the english version too but I much prefer the french version. I love the fact there are still english lyrics and even though I do not speak french I understand the theme of the song and I just love listening to it and sitting back

Album: "The Live Lounge II" - Various
Fantastic accustic songs and some great covers too including Biffy Clyro's version of "umbrella" and Natasha Beddingfields version of "Chasing cars".a brilliant album for quiet evenings

Video: "Ready For The Floor" - Hot Chip
Crazy ass video that I just love - I love the duality of him as the nerdy guy then his alter ego as The Joker (yes Batman's Joker). I think it helps I like the song too!

Artist: Not so much an artist but a Band... The Ting Ting's - as much as I find some of their stuff... annoying at first its so catchy! I love it! with every song I hear I can't wait to hear the next release. Good Stuff

Song

"Police Truck" by the Dead Kennedys (not because of their name, I promise :p) because it's one damn awesome, loud, profane depiction of police work, err, brutality. Sure, I originally got into the song via Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, but I never knew the name of the song back then. Oh yeah, and it was an instrumental version, quite obviously because Nintendo 64 can't handle a hell of a lot of audio information and the lyrics aren't exactly squeaky-clean Nintendo style.

All that aside though, the new recording of the song without Jello and with wussy lyrics sucks. I freakin' hate that the Kennedys sold out man...I had to smash something when I found out that the re-recorded version was the one featured in Guitar Hero or whatever guitar simulation game I played while drunk. Goddamn sellouts.

Album

The Beach Boys - The Greatest Hits Volume 1: 20 Good Vibrations. You can't not like the Beach Boys and live to tell the tale. An all-star hit collection, what can I say? Feel-good stuff all the way, and especially useful if you want to woo the ladies at a karaoke party. Or so I'm told. I'm just sayin'!

Video

I almost never keep up with new videos...but I am mortally addicted to the video for Jamiroquai's "Virtual Insanity". It's weird, it was the first music video I saw in the new millennium. It's just so fresh and innovative. It doesn't hurt that the music kicks ass either. I don't even like acid jazz that much!

Artist

Yeah, this one's probably the biggest "doozy" here, but it's gotta be legendary Belgian guitarist Django Reinhardt. This guy is a magician. For some reason those bad-quality, happy songs make me feel good. Well, he's not really my favourite artists but I promised the doctors I was gonna stop playing so much Kaizers Orchestra...too much ownage is dangerous for ya man.

Song: Got to be Stay Together for the Kids by Blink 182 or I Miss You, also by Blink 182. I just love the slower paced songs, and I like how both songs feature both Tom's and Mark's vocals. I love the guitar riff in Stay Together for the Kids, and its easy and fun to sing along to both songs.

Album: Another tie, either Blink 182's Greatest Hits or Sum 41's Walking Disaster. The Greatest Hits album has both my favourite songs, and a mix of the different stages of Blink 182, not a bad song on the whole album. Walking Disaster is a more mature album than Sum 41's other albums, but still has the unique Sum 41 feel. It also has a random break with the short Italian song, which is different to anything i have heard before. And the songs are catchy on both records.

Video: Tough one. I'm going to have to go with One by Metallica. The video is talking about war, and the song fits with it really well. It also explains the meaning of the song very well too. Also, the song is just awesome with crazy guitar solos and mini solos.

Artist: God, its hard to choose just one. But at the moment I am going to have to go with Blink 182. I love all their songs, I have their whole discography and know the words to almost every song. I love how they matured and started writing different songs to their earlier work, and I wish they would reform.

Song: Piano Nocturne in E Flat Major. Yeah, it's a classical song, but I love it. I can't explain why....I just do. For those wondering what it sounds like, watch Bad Santa. It's the only piano song in the movie.

Album: Road Rage by Great Big Sea. It's a live concert album and doesn't get any better than that. It's all their greatest hits. It just makes you want to dance.

Video: Batdance by Prince. Oh man, what's not to love? It's such good cheeseyness. Plus, the guitar solo is awesome. AND, seeing Prince dressed as a Batman/Joker hybrid is pretty trippy in itself.

Artist: Great Big Sea. You can't go wrong with them. It's great drinking music, especially if you like to dance whilst you are drinking.

Song: Join Me In Death 'H.I.M.' I know some people would call me EMO for listening to this band but I realy don't care. This song brings back good memories from when I was in High School and me and my girlfriend would chill and listen to this band.
[youtube]7k1z5M3BDZo[/youtube]

Album: New Old Songs 'Limp Bizkit' Again this album brings back good memories for me. My girlfriend gave me this album as a gradutation present and I left the day I graduated so really this is all i have to remember her by.

Video: Breaking The Habit 'Linkin Park' I love all animated music videos but this is my favorite. I love all Japanese animation and the dedication all the people involved in the making of it is just staggering.
[youtube]qI2Ma2GjvU4[/youtube]

Artist: Insane Clown Posse. I catch a lot of crap from people for liking these guys but I've liked them since the late 90s anyway. I have all of there albums and i plan on getting all there new ones. For all the people that think ICP and there fans are nothing but a bunch satan worshippers you're wrong. I belive in GOD & Jesus Christ and i would like to quote one of there songs.
ICP 'Thy Unveling' said:
Truth is we follow GOD, we`ve always
been behind him, The Dark Carnival is GOD and may all Juggalos find him!

My Current favorite album is Paper Trail by T.I! I just got it over the weekend it is tight! It's probabably one of the best hip/hop albums of the years(way better than Lil Wayne, Nas, 3 6 Mafia, The Game, G-Unit, ect. His 3 singles soo far have been great and pretty much everysong is a banger!

Current Favorite Video would have to be Katy Perry's Hot & Cold video. Very funny and comical from the I kissed a girl singer. Her music is annoying but the video is nice.

Current Favorite Artist: I really like 3 artist right now and have been listening to there stuff non stop and that's T.I, Jason Mraz, & John Mayer. All 3 great musicians in their own right.

Song A Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold, this song is so weird in its own way, it is different from their usual stuff even diverging from the "seize the day" and "Dear God" style song in the past. It is really a great song with many different parts and the lyrics of it make the song one of the most disturbing songs that you will ever sing out loud to.

Album That Lucky Old Sun by Brian Wilson. the man behind one of the best albums of all time in Pet Sounds has come out with this great album that is a pure and utter concept album in that it has no distinct shift in songs, which works because the inteludes between the songs are there to blend the songs together. if you liked his last offering of Smile than you will most likely like this album.

Video Rock the Casbah by The Clash, this is just a fun video, its worth checking out just to see the entire oil thing occurring back then and then compare it to world events today, you wish that the world was sorted out the same way.

Artist Mastodon, I have their entire Discography on my iPod right now and that includes their cover of Orion they did for Kerrang, Progressive Metal is great in general but these guys should be well known because they are awesome in the song Writing department, they write songs on the Music comes first basis and they don't try to force lyrics where they don't need to go.

Well, I don't have any faveourites of all time, but at this point in time these would be high up on my faveourites at the moment which I listen to a lot.

Song: Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag, it's a Marilyn Manson song, if you want to hear it, here is a video. The song doesn't have a music video to go along with it so if you want to listen to it (I recommend you do, it's a good catchy song) then you can download it, or just type it into youtube and watch a live version or a slideshow. I like it because it's fast and sounds like an old swing song, with an Marilyn Manson twist to it.

Album: Well, when I look through the albums that I own, one that stands out for me (And don't kill me when I say this) The Black Parade from My Chemical Romance. I say this because 1. They are my faveourite band and 2. It tells a great story if you listen to the songs in order from start to finish and if you read the lyrics along with the songs.

Video: This is tough, I have a few that I like. I have to give honourable mentions to Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous - Good Charlotte, Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance, The Bird And The Worm - The Used and mOBSCENE - Marilyn Manson

Band: My faveourite band is My Chemical Romance. I like them because they are a band with a purpose and have morals if you have watched Life On The Murder Scene you will see that. All of them are sober now, they don't drink or do drugs, despite what people think of them, they are against hurting yourself and have said they want to help people. They are also against the objectifying of women and tell women that if anyone from a band tells you to show them your tits for a backstage pass, you should spit in their face and tell them no. I think it's good that there is a band like that teaching their younger fans that you should be yourself, stuff what other people think and they are able to show from their past experiences with alchohol, stuff like that, that it's not good. I also like their music, I could listen to it all day and I'm thinking of singing one of their songs for the auditions for Australian Idol next year.

Song: 3am or Who's David? by Busted. I feel so ashamed for writing this but the songs are just stuck in my head. Something Anything by Travis also gets a mention.

Album: Ode to J.Smith by Travis. They've went back to their Good Feeling roots and this is a phenominal album. Better than 12 Memories & The Boy With No Name. I'd recommend Chinese Blues or Something Anything.

Video: Misery Business by Paramore. Love the song - love the video or Bad Day by R.E.M. for the same reasons

Band: Ah toughie. It's a tie between Good Charlotte, The Ting Tings, Travis & Paramore.

Song: Shut Up And Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
This son is really catch and is stuck in my head at the moment

Album: Fallen - Evanescence
This album is brilliant and I can sit in my room for hours listening to it

Video: Shut Up And Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
I think the video is smart in the way they shape their hands to bring up the next part in the video

Band: Evanescence
There are a few rock bands that I like, but Evanescence are my fave by a long way

Song: BEAT CONTROL by Tilly and the Wall
There is just something about it that I really like, it's a little different from what I listen to usually, but it is probably my favorite song at the moment.

Album: Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
A lot of people I know always say they don't know my music taste, and they would be right in that - Even I do not know what it is. I am a fan of an array of songs and I rarely like more than 3 or 4 songs by 1 artist. This is one of the few albums that I can put ticks next to most of the songs, I still listen to it quite a lot as well.

Video: Handlebars by Flobots
I am always a fan of clever musice videos, Virtual Insanity is one of my favorite of all time videos, but for a recent one I really like it has to be this one, it's an animation video, which I very rarely see and it looks really well done.

Band: Aqueduct
As mentioned before I don't really like any bands or singers, this has to be one of the few I really do like, I like a dozen or so of their songs, which is more than I can say about other ones, so these will probably be my choice for now.

I know I only posted a couple of days or so, but they are forever changing.

Song: Right now i'm going to say The Scientist byu Coldplay. I love how it starts out with just a piano and vocals, and then gradually builds up as more and more instruments are added. It is just a really great song.

Album: Going with a golden oldie here, Dire Straits' Money For Nothing. I love this album, I actually went through the whole album four times in a row without skipping any tracks. It's got some really awesome tracks on there, like Sultans of Swing and Romeo and Juliet. And I have listened to it since 2001, so its still gold in my opinion and it won't get old.

Video: This is always tough for me, since I only watch music videos on youtube sometimes. Anyway, I will have to go with Where'd You Go by Fort Minor. To me, its a really powerful video coupled with the song about missing someone who's been away for a long time.

Artist: Right now it's got to Dream Theater. I have yet to find one bad song by them, which is really saying omething since they have been around for 20+ years. They're a progressive rock band who have a really strong following, but aren't played on mainsteam radio. They have THE best guitarist in the world in John Petrucci. But they have only ever got one top ten hit, and I like bands not played on the radio moreso than bands played on the radio.

Video: If I were a boy: Beyonce
Beyonce isn;t usually my personal fave but for a psych class we were asked to watch this today for homework. It details how men in societies are treated differently and such. Anyways the video is amazing. Done in black & white, Beyonce plays the role of the male, dressed in a police uniform and all. The video is wonderfully shot and the message behind the song & video really makes you think. Beyonce also looks damn fine which doesn;t hurt. Anyways it's simple but great!

Song: Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade. Listen to it. Now.
[youtube]YBfI-YEZ2kM[/youtube]
Love the acoustic start with just the piano and vocals, then the band breaks in. I love all the songs that star off with an acoustic/instrumental. The singer is also great, and the lyrics are awesome as well.

Album: MXPX's Panic. If you don't know it you should check it out. Couple of great songs on here like "Wrecking Hotel Rooms' and 'Grey Skies Turn Blue'. Another album I can listen to without sipping any tracks, and each of their songs are unique in some way. I love their singer on this record, his voice is really good and cleaner than most bands like this.

Artist: Linkin Park. I like their new album, but their old music is better. They're different to a lot of other bands because they're rock/metal, but they have a turntablist, which gives their music a different sound. I aso like how they have a rapper and a singer, so they can mix it up a little. The only problem I have with them is that they're getting a bit ballad heavy. I like ballads, but LP should do albums with at least half rock/metal songs.

Song- "My Life" by The Game featuring Lil Wayne. Its a few months old but I still listen to that shit everyday.

Album- "Paper Trail" from TI. There's not a bad song on the album. Also Royce Da 5'9's new mixtape "The Bar Exam 2" is crazy.

Video- "Put On" from Jeezy and Kanye. There aren't that many good videos out right now but the one for Put On is pretty tight.

Artist- I have to go with Cassidy. This dude can freestye with the best of them and the songs he did on his mixtape were crazy.

Blame IC25 for the majority of these choices. Him and his music tourney!
Song: Falls on Me by Fuel
[youtube]-ui--gClG6Q[/youtube]
There's something about this song that strikes me. The responsibility for someone else and the impact you make on anothers life. I like the singer's voice and the shifts in volume keep it interesting

Now my romantic song... Love You Til the End by The Pogues. Can't go outside Ireland for this one, and even though it's from the ultimate chick flick of the last 12 months... it's still a beautiful song.
[youtube]4o7O5pTQMAE[/youtube]

Failing that... Welcome to the Black Parade is a good song to belt out to cheer me up on the way to work

Album: My album of choice at present is 'Handbuilt by Robots' by Newton Faulkner. Easy to listen to and with an interesting arrangement of songs. Well worth a listen

Band: Thanks to IC25...my band of choice as of late has been Fuel. I enjoy the sound and the songs...that's all that matters

Song: "Runnin Wild" by Airbourne. This song just makes me wanna rock out. Airbourne is f'ing awesome.

Album: Stadium Arcadium. Essentially, is the last album I've heard from start to finish. About the only thing I was disappointed with on this album was the choice of singles. Looking at each song, I felt that all but one were good songs and fully believe anyone of them could've been one of the bands 4 singles. Love to mellow out a dance like a weirdo to the chili peppers.

Band: Foo Fighters. Their last show I went to was through the roof and I've loved everyone of their albums that they have put out. Unfortuantly, fame seems to be getting to Dave Grohls head lately, but I'll forgive him if they put out another awesome album.

My all time favorite is a pretty old song but still very popular.
Its Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams from the album Reckless released in 84'.
I heard it a thousand times still it is my most favorite song.
When i hear its lyrics it seems that im back in my teenage.
It is tagged as Bryan Adams,rock n roll,soft rock,reckless at http://www.whoditty.com.
Video seems pretty old still its good.
Bryan Adams is a real rock star.

Song Black Crowe On A Tombstone by Satyricon. I heard it online the other day, but it isn't released yet because their new album is released later this month i believe or early December.

Album Hmmmm, Watershed by Opeth was very impressive i felt and i'm still waiting to hear Scars On Broadway's album, but my vote would probably still have to go to 'The Dethalbum' by Dethklok, the fictional band from Metalocalypse. Check out tunes such as 'Castratikon', 'Birthday Dethday', 'Briefcase Full Of Guts' and 'Better Metal Snake'

Video Haven't seen any of merit lately. Did find the video to 'Get To The Chopper' by Austrian Death Machine to be amusing though.

Artist Hmmm, i'd probably go with Metallica for renewing my faith in them by releasing such an epic album as 'Death Magnetic' and they were just awesome live at the O2 album release show, but then they never disappoint at live shows.

Song: Heartless: Kanye West. Although I don't like the auto tune effect in general this song is my jam right now. It's already #2 on Itunes and just was released tuesday. It sounds similar to Love Lockdown(not just the auto tune but the beat)but it's still wicked hot.

Video: Single Ladies(Put a ring on it): Beyonce. I dunno what's going on with Beyonce but this is the second video from her I loved. It's soo simple but very effective. Anybody who loves dance & respects choregraphy would love this video. It's black & white and the whole video is just Beyonce and two other girls dancing. The background is neutral and it's nothing fancing and has no storyline but it's good.

Song: Stan by Eminem. Although his lyrics are good in da song I like this song cuz of tha beat & tha sound effects that is put in this song

Album: I would have 2 say both of tha All Eyez On Me cd's that 2Pac released cuz not only are tha beats 2 all his songs are good but I always have tha lyrics stuck in my head everytime I feel like listenin 2 that cd

Video: Gin & Juice by Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre. Im not sure wat exactly I like bout this video but everytime I watch this video I always enjoy it

Artist: 2Pac. His albums are always good & that even includes the posthumous & everytime I hear his songs I just end up listenin 2 them over & over again cuz I can't stop listenin 2 his songs

Song: Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Seriously, who doesn't love this song? Everybody knows this song. I'm also learning it on guitar, so i'm a bit obssessed with it, and whenever any guests come over they ask whether I can play Stairway to Heaven. Everybody knows this as a great guitar song, with good reason too. A great song.

Artist: Toughie. At the moment though, Rage Against the Machine. Great band to get pumped to, and Tom Morello is a good guitarist, and he and Zach De La Rocha are the reason this band is unique and different to other bands. I can't think of one song by tem that I do not like.

Album: Another toughie. But i've got to go with Eyes Open by Snow Patrol. Their best album, and I forgot about it for a couple of months, but I just listened to it again and I remembered how much I love it. There is not a song on it that I hate, and its got great singles such as Chasing Cars and Eyes Open. Great overall album.

Video: I actually haven't seen a music video for ages. Must watch one.

I dont have a favourite artist or video right now, I'll listen to anything but it's usually on the radio so I dont get to see the video's with them. I dont have a favourite album either. So I'll just stick with song.

Pictures Of Matchstick Men - Status Quo This song isnt really the Status Quo for Status Quo (see what I did there). It's their first hit I think and still their best to this day, I cant really explain what I like about it so I am going to stop typing now. Oh and also recommend that you hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back