Crimson's Undefeated Streak

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Following is a subjective opinion, but my reason for spewing it on the forum is to see how many agree with me.

Last night on Impact they ran a video package touting the "impressive" undefeated streak held by Crimson. He is currently seventeen months unbeaten, on paper that is very impressive, but I fail to watch in awe at anything this guy does. Undefeated streaks in professional wrestling go back years, to the days where an undefeated streak was barely nothing, Lou Thesz went years undefeated, Andre The Giant went fifteen years without a loss and in recent history we'd the streak of Goldberg, 173 - 0.

What do they have in common with Crimson's? Very little. All men mentioned above attained large amounts of respect throughout their respective career's; yes, even Bill Goldberg. Thesz is recognized as one of the great wrestlers to have ever lived and the man that began the wrestling revolution in the mid 1900's. Andre The Giant's name is recognized worldwide to this day, Goldberg was a mega draw for World Championship Wrestling and you know what the weird observation is? Crimson has a lengthier undefeated run than that of Goldberg's.

In my eyes, Crimson has the worst undefeated streak in professional wrestling history. To go undefeated, despite the majority of his opponents being familiar to losing ways, means a lot of people have faith in you in the office and Crimson isn't recouping the faith they've installed in him. He's a big guy, congratulations to him, I can find a more agile guy, with more personality and athleticism by making a five minute stop in my local gym.

I'm not one to heavily scrutinize a product or even a performer unless it is warranted, but what triggered by opinionated stance on his run is the fact TNA put him over Matt Morgan, not once but twice. Morgan is everything Crimson isn't! If Matt Morgan went on an undefeated run, chances are he'd gain the momentum one is supposed to when they endeavor on such a dominant run; but that is hypothetical so I won't use that in my stance. But anyone that states that Matt Morgan isn't better on the stick, better in the ring, better as an overall representitive for the company is lying out of their ass.

And you know where the odds on favorite location for Matt Morgan is next Winter? Monday Night RAW or Friday Night Smackdown. That is TNA's loss. I'm not saying they chose one over the other, but the fact remains that on two separate occasions, before and post their tag team, Crimson was put over Morgan despite him not holding a candle stick to "The Blueprint" in any shape or form asides a win/loss record.

And what is worse, is the fact TNA are now cornered with him. He is up against the proverbial wall. They end the Streak and they remove the one things that bags Crimson these thirty second video packages on Impact, the only thing people truly know about him. They allow it to continue the same road it has been treading and It'll continue to prove poor, because from what I see, nobody is legitimately impressed and there ain't a soul putting their ass in a seat to see him.

Alas the third option is the one I personally dread, they allow him to move up the card and he takes the TNA World Heavyweight title, which I guarentee will unsettle a lot of people because they'll know he truly didn't deserve the belt, It'll cheapen it and considering all the work Bobby Roode and the powers that be have placed into making that belt mean half a damn, it would simply be an overall poor decision.

Best option in my eyes is build him up, allow him to get a couple big wins against the likes of Jeff Hardy or Rob Van Dam and then have someone young come along and end the atrocity. At least then you'll have one guy be rendered next to useless while someone benefits from the win and has instant material to propels themselves up the card; not that It'd truly be impressive, but It'd be made to seem as such.

That is my take on the currently undefeated Crimson, just felt like expelling.

You complaining about Crimson and his undefeated streak yet you have Ryback as your sig WTF :wtf:

Which credible opponent has Ryback defeated ?

Honestly I think that video was just to draw heat like you have given it. Impact isn't stupid, they know people think this streak is ludacris... which is why I think we are seeing Crimson play it off as a cocky/coward heel now.

The way he was standing their looking at that video after their aired, I almost would have thought he put it together.

My prediction is that you'll be seeing Crimson becomming a lot like Bobby Roode... and that is keeping his undefeated streak alive by any means nessecary. Not like Goldberg, not running through his opponent. But by cheating and getting out by the skin of his teeth. TNA has teased this with their latest TV time given to Crimson over the past few weeks.

I've stated it on the forums before, I think Crimson should win the T.V. Title. He would have to defend every week so it could give him some wins over credible guys. Also if you put him in the ring with guys like AJ, Doug Williams, Angle, it will help him get better in the ring.

With that said, I think the streak is a joke for one very big reason. HE LOST. He is a FORMER tag team champion, that means he LOST the damn belt. And the rematch. You can't have an undefeated streak if you're not undefeated, but fuck logic right?

You complaining about Crimson and his undefeated streak yet you have Ryback as your sig WTF :wtf:

Which credible opponent has Ryback defeated ?

Son, I've seen your posts, I'd destroy you if I was half-asleep.

One, Ryback has only been featured on Smackdown for the past three (3) months, not seventeen (17). I know numbers may not be your strong suit, but I'm certain you can understand the digits.

Two, Ryback is getting pops. Last week on Smackdown, pop. Hit his finishing maneuver on two guys, pop. And considering Smackdown is currently airing here and I've already seen his match this week, once again, pop, and it ain't the post production edited "Bwwwwaarrgh!" sounds neither. He's drawing a reaction, therefore serving the purpose of his squash matches.

Three, Ryback looks a helluva' lot more intimidating than Crimson does. As I said, I can find someone of Crimson's size with more personality and athleticism in my local gym, the task of finding someone of Ryback's power and size would be a harder task, doable but harder nonetheless.

Four, your reply is actually redundant, re-read my post, Crimson going over people who rountinely lose is his issue, because it doesn't make him look strong or impressive. Where as Ryback destroys jobbers, in an impressive fashion. Plus him doing it is just plain, fun to watch and I get more kick out of it.

With that said, I think the streak is a joke for one very big reason. HE LOST. He is a FORMER tag team champion, that means he LOST the damn belt. And the rematch. You can't have an undefeated streak if you're not undefeated, but fuck logic right?

Technically, to lose in wrestling you, yourself have to take the pinfall or lose, his undefeated streak is described and promoted as, "yet to be pinned or made to submit", considering nobody can dispute that he hasn't lost a match yet, and even if the loss in the tag match was counted, he'd still be an undefeated singles competitor.

I dont understand the big deal with Crimson. Hes a good wrestler but nothing about him says undefeatable. I get so mad with TNA sometimes because they do the most dumb things...one of them is Crimson having an undefeated streak, second is them starting a Hall of Fame. PLEAAAASE be original and stop trying to be like WWE. WWE signs Brock and they sign Mo'. Then they bring Brooke. AWWWW please. TNA can be a great product if they get new young people behind the curtain instead of these old farts trying to make decisions.

Crimson's streak will not be the subject of wrestling lore, I think that's a fairly safe bet. For me, one huge reason it's so unimpressive is that it's such a transparently half assed attempt to create something impressive. It's just not been done very well.

When we think of undefeated streaks in this day and age, Bill Goldberg is the first name to pop up. Now Goldberg's streak really wasn't all that impressive if you really take a look at it. After all, the VAST majority of streak victims were nameless jobbers. However, WCW was able to successfully market the streak as a big deal and Goldberg as a dominant force. Even if Goldberg had limitations in the ring and his opponents were nobodies, perception is damn near everything in wrestling and WCW was able to get fans to view Goldberg and his streak the way they wanted. TNA hasn't been able to do that with Crimson.

When Crimson's streak comes to an end, I don't expect anyone to care. Some people probably won't even notice.

Crimson's undeafeated streak arguebly might be one of the most meaningless things to happen in TNA he'll brag about it and it'll be mentioned after it is over on how he once went undefeated for close to two years but it won't matter. I think now it has become more of a heat getter everyone knows that there isn't anything impressive about the streak but he'll have bragging rights and can shove it in everyones face

Son, I've seen your posts, I'd destroy you if I was half-asleep.Technically, to lose in wrestling you, yourself have to take the pinfall or lose, his undefeated streak is described and promoted as, "yet to be pinned or made to submit", considering nobody can dispute that he hasn't lost a match yet, and even if the loss in the tag match was counted, he'd still be an undefeated singles competitor.

Um no if you didn't win you lost. Period. even a double DQ or countout is a loss to both participants cause neither of them won. the only thing that differs is whether someone loses a title or a shot at something or not if they didn't actually win.

in the case of Crimson he has had a double countout, a double DQ and no contest, that's 3 losses, not counting tag matches since they aren't counted in single star streaks. Anyway it's irrelevant the streak is meaningless awesome he's undefeated for how many months now but how many title matches has he had? if he is so unbeatable how come he doesn't get a title match when other guys that lose every single time repeatedly get another shot. answer, because he isn't that impressive.

as to your statements about Ryback i agree and disagree.
you said you could find someone like Crimson in your gym and i bet there's a plenty of Rybacks out there too. Ryback hasn't proven anything yet other then he can beat people who have no business being in a wrestling ring, he was more impressive when he was Skip Sheffield at this point in time. Give him some real opponents to tear through and then thoughts may change. Least Goldberg/Crimson went up against people already on the roster not one time jobbers.

At this time, I will easily agree that Crimson's streak is FAR below average. He gets no reaction from the fans.

But, at one point, (IMO)Crimson's streak was impressive! This was during the Bound For Glory Series. He was actually beating credible opponents such as RVD, Bully Ray, James Storm, Samoa Joe. Hell, he even beat current TNA Champion, Robert Roode. At this point, I was cheering for him. But, when he returned from his "injury" caused by Samoa Joe, he was sooooo boring!

So, no, his streak will not be impressive unless he moves up the card. But now, it's just another one of TNA's failiures.

Um no if you didn't win you lost. Period. even a double DQ or countout is a loss to both participants cause neither of them won. the only thing that differs is whether someone loses a title or a shot at something or not if they didn't actually win.

Allow me to restate, Crimson is built as haven't not been "pinned or made to submit", therefore they are pushing an undefeated streak in actual terms of wrestling considering when in wrestling's early years there were no countouts or disqualifications. If the company touts him as having yet to be pinned or made to submit, go find me a match where he has been pinned or made to submit and you'll have proven both them and myself wrong, alas I know there is no footage so therefore It'll be an inevitable losing effort.

Anyway it's irrelevant the streak is meaningless awesome he's undefeated for how many months now but how many title matches has he had? if he is so unbeatable how come he doesn't get a title match when other guys that lose every single time repeatedly get another shot. answer, because he isn't that impressive.

Good point.

you said you could find someone like Crimson in your gym and i bet there's a plenty of Rybacks out there too.

I'm sure there are, but not as agile or athletic as him. They don't come a dime a dozen, whereas I know people legitimately the size of Crimson with a hell of a lot more athleticism and even personality, and they aren't even wrestlers.

Ryback hasn't proven anything yet other then he can beat people who have no business being in a wrestling ring

That is the entire point of beating jobbers. But Ryback is getting pops, something he never did when he was Sheffield, when he was Sheffield he could barely draw heat and was just seen as a big man. Now people view him as a big man that a lot of people enjoy watching because he runs people down. The entire point is to build him up and that is what he's doing.

he was more impressive when he was Skip Sheffield at this point in time.

Ryback debuted on May 6th and has been much more impressive than Sheffield. It is a personal opinion only one can share anyway, but it's also a pretty easy argument to make. Unlike in Nexus, this is one man domination, whether they be of unknowns or not, he is running people down by himself, two at a time even, whereas with Nexus he had six people backing him up at a time. Also as Sheffield he competed in few singles matches between the short season of NXT and the Nexus debut.

Give him some real opponents to tear through and then thoughts may change. Least Goldberg/Crimson went up against people already on the roster not one time jobbers.

Ehm... just to let you in on a little secret, 32 of Goldberg's victories during the Streak were him over jobbers. It took him months to get a real challenger. Crimson debuted against Jeff Jarrett but took out jobbers for a few weeks after, and what has remained the same since then is the fact he isn't impressive while doing it. Something nobody can state for Ryback or Goldberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back