• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could William Regal Have Made it in TNA?

wrestlingfanusa

Occasional Pre-Show
Just wondering if william regal could have made it in tna? Im not sure when im suggesting he shouldve joined maybe perhaps after kurt angle debuted 6 months to a year after that. I mean if u had regal bring his royalty type gimmick to tna i think he couldve made it. He wouldve elevated everyone around him. I know that he wouldve helped not sure bout ratings but he can wrestle a broomstick if he wanted to and make it entertaining. Imagine feuds for the world title he couldve had. I will list some title feuds: kurt angle vs william regal a ton of submission matches and ironman matches, samoa joe can u imagine these matches with these two like regal looking at joe like he wsa just a fat peasant. Maybe joe surprising him and gaining his respect by his skill, of course there would have to be a sting vs regal feud which would be classic, also i think roode vs regall would be a great feud. Now of course he could still go to tna but i think his career his over and done with. But it wouldve been nice to see him in tna only if he was taken serious though.

How many of these threads do we need to see when they're based on wrestlers that quite obviously have a successful history of being fantastic wrestlers?

Let's just close the book now before we have to run through more chapters unnecessarily — William Regal, Curt Hennig, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Chris Benoit, Fit Finlay, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and every other technically sound wrestler who's expert experience was in the application of mat wrestling would absolutely, 100%, beyond any shadow of doubt have been successful in TNA. Period.

There is no question.

I don't mean to hammer you here, wrestlingfanusa, but if you want to pose questions like this, they'd be a lot more interesting and worthy of debate if the wrestlers you were asking about were a little more questionable — Mysterio, Kane, Big Show, Khali, etc.

Ive already said in the past that big show should go to tna. But i think william regal is fair game bc most people think that he shouldve had a world title reign in his career. I think tna wouldve given him 1 or 2 world title reigns and i also think he couldve brought prestige to the television championship not like eric young whos made a joke of it. Its a fine question to ask hes is one of the most underused talent in the history of wwe and wcw he def could have been wwe or wcw champion i think he didnt have the steroid jacked up look vince wanted.

It's Damn Real!- this wrestlingfanusa is a moron who just makes useless threads. I'm hoping he gets banned shortly.

Not to keep from getting an infraction-
William Regal could have easily succeeded anywhere he goes. He has the technical and wrestling ability to succeed at any level in any company. His bruiser English persona is all he needs.

Regal might have done alright in TNA. It would depend on how he got pushed though. I think a good idea would have been for him to get involved with The British Invasion because he could have been a good mentor for them. Magnus, Williams, and even Terry could have benefited from Regal being a part of their stable. I do not think there are many other potential storylines they really could have done with him. He's had some good matches so at least we know he'd be able to put people over by having great matches against them if nothing else.

Regal might have done alright in TNA. It would depend on how he got pushed though. I think a good idea would have been for him to get involved with The British Invasion because he could have been a good mentor for them. Magnus, Williams, and even Terry could have benefited from Regal being a part of their stable. I do not think there are many other potential storylines they really could have done with him. He's had some good matches so at least we know he'd be able to put people over by having great matches against them if nothing else.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this, Regal could have done some really good stuff personally in TNA but I think the best thing he could have done is mentor some of the talent. William Regal is a very talented superstar towards the end of the road career wise but one of my favorite things about him is that he's a good teacher and mentor. I think that he would have found decent success over there but he his biggest accomplishment would have been using his limitless knowledge of wrestling to help make guys better, and I totally agree that having him involved in the British Invasion as a mentor would have been perfect.

What good would it had done him to jump to tna if any popularity or steam he had was due to a multi year slow push to the top? Him capuring the wwe or whc title would only work because of his interaction with faces. His interactions with faces is based on all the heelist acts he commited over a ten year period. I'm not saying he would have a sympathy run or a going away present run, I'm saying he would have a cap off run and that would be it. Without past actions propelling him regal can't take flight and he has no history or time to make history in tna. As for wcw, he never got more then the tv title . I would love to see him show up on tv after beating code rhodes for the wwe I-C title and MVP for the IWGP I-C title. Or just showing up on tv with the IWGP World title.

As for the op, I wonder if it was this thread that got him banned...?

I think Doug Williams could answer that. They both mirror each other right now. Truly great in-ring workers that are saldy unused probably due to age, a more mainstream fanbase, and more popular and "flamboyant" younger talent.

Damn shame too, because they are fun to watch and can also put experience on young talents. In my eyes, Regal would indeed have a place in TNA, but sadly that wouldn't be much of an onscreen roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back