William Regal

showstoppaa

Dark Match Jobber
I'm not even sure what brand Regal's on at the moment so if this is in the wrong place feel free to move.

I'm a huge fan of William Regal, great on the mic and I think he could still put on a five star match, but what I'm really wondering is are we ever going to see him wrestle again? Regal's been doing commentary on the current season of NXT (and doing a pretty good job of it) so could a place at the announce table become a permanent thing for him.

I honestly believe that William Regal is up there as one of the greatest never to hold a world title, and I'd love to see him have one final run, this next part is all fantasy booking, so if you're not interested in that then feel free to skip it. I think a good last run for Regal would be against Daniel Bryan in a kind of Student vs Teacher kind of fued. It could start by Regal interrupting Bryan, saying that Bryan wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him etc. He could say that he is one of the best of all time and deserve one last run in the main event, and because the WWE management is never going to put him there, then he needs MITB. He could fued with Bryan over the breifcase, and eventually add in the stipulation that if he doesn't win the case from Daniel Bryan, he will retire. The two could put on some great technical matches, possibly even submission matches. I think Regal can still get decent heat as a heel, and it could be a way to really get Bryan over, he's going to need it if he's fighting for the world title at Mania, ending the career of a future hall of famer can do that.

One other thing I would love would be for regal to once again be the Raw gm, I loved his run before and if he retires in ring I could definately see him pull it off again.

So what I'm asking is:

Will we see William Regal wrestle again?

Do you think he could keep is place as a commentator, and move onto a bigger show?

How would you book his final run?

I believe he appeared in a bout on Superstars right before Money in The Bank. It was a losing effort but he wrestled nonetheless. I too am a huge fan of William Regal and feel he never got what he deserved, he could have been such a massive foreign heel and yet WWE only allowed him to put his brilliance on display spariodicaly and usually in bursts. As far as wrestling goes, not many are better than William Regal, his mat wrestling is, in Bryan Danielson's words, "In another dimension."

His personality is great too and he's someone who fans can never say is dull because most of what he says is comical. Example is when he was a Pro on Season 2 of NXT and they gave him an open microphone. He was funny as hell, everything he said was hilarious and that's probably why they made him a commentator. He's kind of like the new Alfred Hayes; only based on their nationality of course, but Regal will bring more in-depth analysis than Hayes ever did. Either way, whether he wrestles or commentates I'm just happy to have the option availble to me to watch William Regal.

Do you think he could keep is place as a commentator, and move onto a bigger show?
Currently WWE are preparing him it seems for the future. Regal isn't just the color-commentator on NXT, he's also doing color for Florida Championship Wrestling's show and is getting better. He's one of the commentators that actually calls the moves and unlike say, Booker T, doesn't burst into a rant for no reason or ramble on about shit nobody cares about.

Someday I'd like to see Regal get a spot on Smackdown. Currently his designated brand is Smackdown so I don't see why not, but either way, they'll allow him to continue and grow in FCW, I'd say NXT will come to an end soon once their contract requirements with European stations ends and Regal will either take back his wrestling role while doing FCW commentary or just do FCW commentary and retire.

If he was to ever get a final run he'd best to have it based around facts. WWE in this whole, supposed, "Reality Era" could work out well for Regal, as he can be as good as CM Punk on the microphone as he used to prove weekly as RAW General Manager or WWE Commisioner before that. Regal could vent about how he's one of the best but has never got a fair shake to go anywhere higher than the Intercontinental Championship. Whether he be booked as a heel or tweener though It'd have to revolve around DBD.

When DBD had been taught all he could by Shawn Michaels, it was William Regal that molded him into the wrestler who'd be named by Dave Meltzer as the best wrestler of the last decade. Danielson even wears marroon on his trunks to show respect to Regal. I'd revolve it around Regal either attempting to gain some way into a World Heavyweight Championship picture or just have him against Danielson; ultimately though I'd have him draw the poverbial line there and go behind the announcers table or take up a managers role.

Either way, as long as William Regal is on my television screen I'm happy. Phenomanal wrestler, truly someone whose demons kept him down.

I think that Regal's wrestling career is winding down. He may do a few matches here and there, but I think it is coming to an end. I would like to see him turn into a manager, commentator, or even the GM or Commissioner again. He has a way with words and he does a really good job.

I would like to see his last major feud be with Daniel Bryan. Kind of a student/teacher passing of the torch deal. I think it would give DB a rub and it could put him way over. Maybe even learn some mic skills from Regal in the process. Have them run a couple of pay per views. Than at Royal Rumble. Have Regal challenge in a Case vs. Career match. Have Bryan put Regal in the Regal Stretch for the win. At the end of the match, DB could help him up, show respect and it would be a good last match for Regal.

Oh I think they'll squeeze some more jobs out of him yet. He's great to use in comedy spots.

Eventually I suppose he could hold his own as a commentator. I do appreciate his wisdom while calling matches, it just needs a little more of something? Turn up the snob perhaps?

Well, running with the "Reality Era" theme, i'd place Regal in some comedy spots and/or some comedy losses to lesser men. Something we're fairly used to seeing. Enter a CM Punk or DBD to confront Regal about the clown that he's become. Remember when HHH put a speaking on Ric Flair after Flair lost to Rico? Something along those lines to snap Regal out of it and take his craft "bloody serious" again.

Regal can work over the mid-card and score himself the US Title for some extra heat -- you know he'd have a field day with that! Drop it to whomever and enter a main event program, vowing to win the World Championship or to retire. I wouldn't put the belt on him in the end but celebrate his career and remember him as one of the very best to never hold the World Championship. ...I'd enjoy that :)

I think we will see him job on superstars or to young rising talent

I don't people won't like his accent

feud with Bryan and make a stable with Vince McMahon and get a lot of perks and have a NXT rookie and have him kind of like a servant

Well we did see him work a match, the battle royal that Henry won. I think he was only in the match due to them needing more people. I don't think he will be wrestling full time. I would not mind seeing him as an announcer instead of returning to the ring because he is getting old and they should be pushing younger guys. He could announce on Raw, as their announcer team is in pretty bad shape. He could replace Lawler. Or even better, he could take Cole's place on Smackdown's announcing team so it would be Matthews and two color commentators. Then we would not be stuck with Cole on two shows. If I had to book a final run for him then I would have him win the IC title and put over one of the up and comers such as Sin Cara before leaving.

As an official member of the Smackdown brand, I don't think we'll see him wrestle on the show. It's more likely he was maintain with random matches on WWE Superstars. I also think it's better for him too. On Smackdown, he won't be booked in a real feud. He'd probably just be there to job to the likes of Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel, and maybe Daniel Bryan. On Superstars, storylines aren't needed... Regal can just wrestle. I wouldn't want to see William Regal wrestling on Smackdown unless he was involved in a storyline, which I find unlikely.

It this point, I think he's just fine commentating on NXT. However, as a future commentator, I think he would do great. However, on a bigger show? I wouldn't keep my hopes up... it would probably wouldn't happen until several years from now.

If he were to indeed retire as an active wrestler... I would WWE would do it right. Not sure how though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back