• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could William Regal Ever Be A Successful WWE Champ

I'm English, and i love William Regal. However, i don't think he deserved a world title reign, he never struck out to me as a major player in the WWE. He screwed himself over anyways when he was having his major heel GM run by getting suspeneded.

If he were ever to become WWE champion, it would have been back in 08 when he was actually running roughshod over Raw. He would turn out lights just because he could, and for the first time in his career he was actually starting to get over as a wrestler, instead of staying backstage and being kooky. Then he failed a wellness policy and fucked himself. So in short, at one time yes, I believe he could have had one decent run as champ, but as with so many other cases it obviously was not meant to be, and now never will be.

This basically sums up the entire argument. At one point yes he may have had a chance, but in the end he truly just screwed himself over. If he had not failed the Wellness Policy he could have held the championship but in the end he was his own un-doer. He will not become the champion any time in the future so to sum it up he just wasn't destined to become champ.

Not anymore, the ship has sailed. Regal's too old right now, but his personality could be a British version of the JBL type heel where he garners heat by just holding down the face.

He's a "what could have been" but still a very successful guy

Regal is actually only around 43 years old. Austin is almost 50 and we all know TNA's last Champion the Stinger is over 50.

Regal is one heck of a talent, but I think he is very happy in the role he plays within WWE. He knows what his job is and how he is there to make great products for the WWE machine and I'm sure he gets paid well for it.

Things like when Vince gave him the King of the Ring win, is a tip of the hat to him from the boss saying how he appreciates all the hard work he contributes to the company.

Regal would probably have made a good champion. I would (not everyone of course) would respond better to him than someone like Miz or Swagger, but we've got a new Regal now, and although he is nowhere as technically sound, Wade Barrett is a talent the WWE can get behind and make as Champion if they wanted to.

I would ahve Regal work with Barrett behind the scnes and make him the next WWE main event superstar for years to come.

I think Regal would have made a good transitional champion as far back as maybe three or four years ago. I think the boat of him being World champion however, has long set sail. I do think Regal is underunilized though. I think think he would make a great manager for an up and coming guy or a guy who needs that extra push. I have said in other discussions him managing Drew McIntyre or maybe even David Hart Smith would work great, or put him as that mentor figure for a faction of heels (in another post I had Regal managing a stable featuring Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan, Santino and Kozlov as heels). I also wouldn't mind seeing Regal in a Tough Enough slot since Booker is doing announcing for what appears to be full time now. Regal was always a tough basturd and with his charisma I think he would bring a lot to that show as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back