Could Crimson Be Out of the BFG Series?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Per TNA's Facebook page:

NEWS: Crimson has suffered a serious ankle injury after his brawl with Samoa Joe! Watch the footage - stay tuned for an update!

[YOUTUBE]Vpqn7bI_3Xg[/YOUTUBE]

Joe vowed to knock out all the guys on top in the BFG series, and it looks like he's cashed in on that promise big-time with Crimson, no?

Presuming he is out at this point due to injury, what does this mean for the series itself? Will Joe continue this carnage and take out the remaining competitors at the top of the series in RVD, James Storm and Robert Roode, or will this lead to a singles feud between Joe and Crimson heading into Bound For Glory?

That was cool how Joe pushed over the camera man, it added reality to it. I've always been a fan of bad ass Joe, hope he is coming back to the main event and guys like Crimson, who get no reaction at all, stay in the mid card.

I'm not sure what this may lead to between Joe and Crimson but I thought that this was a good way to take Crimson out of the spot in the BFG Series. I think now with te leader Crimson out of the final 4 should be Rhoode, Gunner, Storm, and Bully Ray I think that RVD will not make it because he shouldn't and also because I think He will be feuding with Lynn and have a match at BFG which is an Excellent mid card match for the show.

If he's out, it's an interesting turn of events. TNA obviously wants to keep the whole undefeated streak going for a while but, at the same time, Crimson isn't nearly ready to be TNA World Heavyweight Champion. So if this angle takes him out of the competition, then it could be a positive thing in the long run. He did well in his match with Angle tonight, one of the strongest main events I've seen on TNA tv in a very long while, but he's just not ready to headline the biggest ppv of the year in my view.

Now we have to look at who is left. Pope isn't gonna win, Devon & Matt Morgan are out, Joe's pretty much out of it, RVD is starting to suck hind tit somewhat due to Jerry lynn's constant interference and he'll probably wind up feuding with him before it's all said and done, AJ Styles isn't gonna win as it looks like he might begin something of a feud with Daniels. So that seems to really leave Gunner, Bully Ray, Robert Roode & James Storm.

Ray is entertaining on the mic, no doubt, but there's no money in him facing Kurt Angle at BFG. That most definitely holds true for Gunner, who just seems really out of his league in my view. Storm & Roode are the two that have a chance of giving Angle a good match at BFG.

Yeah I loved that segment Crimson winning that BFG series would be boring and we can see Angle and Crimson later

this gives Joe a feud and more people to take out and a new favorite to win the BFG series

This move does make sense to me. Keep Crimson's undefeated streak intact while keeping the relatively new rookie out of the main event of the company's biggest PPV. Because if he does main event BFG, he either gets his streak broken or becomes champ which I don't feel he's ready for quite yet. An interesting turn of events though as I actually thought TNA would have Crimson win the whole thing and go after Angle but it looks like they're not going down that route. I'm under the assumption that Crimson is out and will feud with Joe going into BFG. It would be an even more interesting twist if Joe goes after the top four next.

This only proves that Bobby Roode will win the World Heavyweight Championship after possibly facing Storm in a BFG match. It would be a great angle simply to have them go at it for the first time in...maybe...5 years? I don't even remember when they ever went one on one.

This could lead to Roode/Storm feud after Bound For Glory. Which sounds fantastic. Wrestling is missing the Triple H/HBK style matches that could last 5 months without getting old and it would be a great thing if TNA booked those two guys into a main event feud.

Crimson (Winning Streak) vs. Samoa Joe (Losing Streak) would make perfect sense as well.

Again, when things like this are basically obvious. Why is it "cool" to bash Russo when these are great match ups? I'm just saying. Give credit where credit is due.

im surprised by this i thought crimson was gonna go on to win the BFG series but then again this does make sense as it means the undefeated streak stays alive and they dont have to give him the belt at BFG from angle...it looks like roode or storm (most likley roode) is gonna end up coming from behind to win the BFG series which is better booking imo and i think roode vs angle or storm vs angle would be an awesome match! looks like joe fights crimson at BFG eh?

I never get the robert roode love that people on these threads have. The guy has failed 3 times to become a main eventer. first with the whole who will his manager be, then going over a returning jarrett after being out for months. then going over booker t when he was making his debut matches. the guy belongs no where close to the main event. if he main events bfg, i will officially give up on tna and realize that they are going to die.

After Samoa Joe finished jumping onto Crimson he said he had just "broke" Crimson's leg, which suggests he is not only out of the Bound for Glory series but the Bound for Glory pay per view as well. It certainly is an interesting move, as the series has seemed like a vehicle to get over Crimson since its inception. I question what the main event of Bound for Glory is going to look like, as I'd guess it's Bully Ray, James Storm, Gunner, and Robert Roode as the final four. None of Angle's opponents appears to be marquee, considering that this is their showcase pay per view.

As for Crimson, I'm not sure I understand what they are doing with him now. I won't pretend I'm sold on him being a true main event guy, but TNA is certainly aiming for that. With all the time and effort invested in his push, I'm surprised they didn't go all the way with it. Some times you just have to give someone the ball and see how it plays out. I would have been curious to see what they would have done with an undefeated champion, but that still could come down the line should they choose.

The attack on Crimson seems to have placed Joe back into a more feared and deadly wrestler category. That being said, he still hasn't won a match in quite some time. I would be shocked to see TNA sacrifice the undefeated streak to Joe, but tonight's closing seems to suggest a match will take place at some point between these two. I understand that Crimson would get revenge by beating Joe in a match, but he has already defeated Joe in singles competition before.

Obviously there are many ways to spin things after what we saw tonight. I believe Crimson may have been set back some by these events though. He appeared destined for a shot at the title, but now it looks like he will be sidelined with injury or back into a feud with a man he has already beaten. Regardless, my interest is piqued.

After Samoa Joe finished jumping onto Crimson he said he had just "broke" Crimson's leg, which suggests he is not only out of the Bound for Glory series but the Bound for Glory pay per view as well. It certainly is an interesting move, as the series has seemed like a vehicle to get over Crimson since its inception. I question what the main event of Bound for Glory is going to look like, as I'd guess it's Bully Ray, James Storm, Gunner, and Robert Roode. None of Angle's matches appears to be marquee, given that this is their showcase pay per view.

As for Crimson, I'm not sure I understand what they are doing with him now. I won't pretend I'm sold on him being a true main event guy, but TNA is certainly aiming for that. With all the time and effort invested in his push, I'm surprised they didn't go all the way with it. Some times you just have to give someone the ball and see how it plays out. I would have been curious to see what they would have done with an undefeated champion, but that still could come down the line should they choose.

The attack on Crimson seems to have placed Joe back into a more feared and deadly wrestler category. That being said, he still hasn't won a match in quite some time. I would be shocked to see TNA sacrifice the undefeated streak to Joe, which seems counter productive to the angle run at the end of Impact tonight. I understand that Crimson would get revenge by beating Joe in a match, but he has already defeated Joe in singles competition before.

Obviously there are many ways to spin things after what we saw tonight. I believe Crimson may have been set back some by these events though. He appeared destined for a shot at the title, but now it looks like he will be sidelined with injury or back into a feud with a man he has already beaten. Regardless, my interest is piqued.

Maybe they did what Paul Heyman had intended to do: build a monster(Crimson) for months only to have someone beat him to bring that someone's stock up. So Joe would be seen as that person who put that monster out. Not the best way to do it mind you....

Maybe they did what Paul Heyman had intended to do: build a monster(Crimson) for months only to have someone beat him to bring that someone's stock up. So Joe would be seen as that person who put that monster out. Not the best way to do it mind you....

I hadn't considered such an idea, but you may be on to something. I agree with you though, as it would be a very odd way to return Joe to the top. Crimson's push has been months in the making, while Joe has slid deeper into obscurity over the same period of time. It was just a couple of weeks ago when he snapped and declared he was going to rebel against those holding him down. I must say I'd be disappointed if this was the plan and would likely bury Crimson beyond the point of no return.

Still, credit to you for bringing up the notion.

Again, when things like this are basically obvious. Why is it "cool" to bash Russo when these are great match ups? I'm just saying. Give credit where credit is due.

Credit where credit is due: this is a good move. I don't know about putting Crimson in this role in the first place, but this is a decent way to take Crimson out of a tourney that would position him in the main event before he is ready (assuming that they can come up with a valid explanation for why Crimson will return in time to fight Joe, but not in time to re-enter the tournament). Russo isn't all bad; even a broken clock is right twice a day.

But as for it being cool to hate Russo? Ric Flair agrees that if Sting beats him, Hogan (who is the boss of the company and doesn't want to wrestle) will be forced to face him in a match. If Ric Flair promises to make Sting the king of England if he beats him, does that make it a legally valid contract? Hogan: "Brother, Ric Flair is not in a position to make me wrestle. I'm the boss, and I don't want to. Brother." End of story.

Or take into account Sting's game-plan (even when he was sane): Step 1. Win Title. Step 2. ?? Step 3. Dixie is back in charge.

Or Jeff Jarrett ridiculing Mexico, then getting in the ring with a Mexican-supremacist group and not getting beaten.

Or consider the Christopher Daniels weep-fest last night.

Also: brainwashing lesbian vampires...:lmao:

Shit like that is why I hate Vince Russo. And no, I don't care about X,Y,Z examples of when the WWE did similar stories. Bad is bad.

This particular move, however, is the right one to make. Crimson is in no way ready to the be the face of TNA. Give it another year, make the people wait for it and want it, and even the cynical Impact Zone fans will come around on Crimson. There's no better way to get the fans behind a wrestlers push than to make them believe that they are responsible for it.

With Crimson maybe out of BFG series this is a great way to keep his unfefeated streak alive and not damage his rep in any way!! If Beer Money is too indeed leave once their contract is up why not have Roode and storm go at it!! Perfect way for them to go out in style and have Roode go over in this one!! I dont want RVD anywhere near the finals simply because its time for other people to be there!! Bully Ray i wouldnt mind so much but hasnt he tried the singles thing before and failed?? I believe when the Dudley Boyz split in the WWE due to the draft Bubba tried making it to the top just didnt quite get there.. But if hes there i dont mind it as long as its not the usaul four in there all the time!!

a decent way to take Crimson out of a tourney that would position him in the main event before he is ready (assuming that they can come up with a valid explanation for why Crimson will return in time to fight Joe, but not in time to re-enter the tournament). .
valid explanation..how bout this. the BFG series finals is to be held No Surrender not at bound for glory. that ppv is in just a couple weeks. the series actually ends i believe on IWnext week. to give them a week and a half to promote the finals at the ppv. so if Crimson can't wrestle next week then he is out of the BFG Series. but can return in time to face Joe at the BFG PPV in 6-7 weeks.

they might want to hold off the Crimson title win keeping the winning streak in tact till maybe Slammiversary. he isn't quite ready to be the world champ. but another 5-6 months maybe he will be a little better known. especially if they start filming outside of Orlando like they are doing this week doing the 2 tapings leading up to the ppv.

he is out of the BFG series WZ posted it earlier as spoilers i wont say who won im only saying crimsons out and i like it its because hes 2 new he has 2 pay his dues the guy is pretty exicting 2 watch but hes way 2 new

I think TNA were hoping Crimson might be worthy of maineventing BFG after winning the series, but we're just over a month away and he's clearly not there yet. Basically he hasn't caught on like they wanted and now they've got to protect all the work they've put into building him up, while removing him from the title match.

As for who will take that spot in the BFG main event, i'm totally thrown. As it stands, the clear contenders are Bully Ray, Gunner, Bobby Roode and James Storm. Since Angle is working as a heel, i doubt they'd play him off against another heel in Ray or Gunner, which leaves Beer Money. Bobby Roode certainly deserves the singles push after all these years, but I can't help but think it might come out of the blue if he mainevents their biggest show of the year. He's another guy like Crimson who doesn't have the juice to headline a big show.

Frankly, I don't think this BFG series will count for anything at the end of the day. TNA will look at all four guys, think "oh s***, we can't promote these four" and hot shot an angle that puts a fan favourite in the match. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if they let Jeff Hardy waltz back in and win the title in some twisted "redemption" story.

I've always been a fan of bad ass Joe, hope he is coming back to the main event and guys like Crimson, who get no reaction at all, stay in the mid card.

Crimson gets a good reaction. And I'm sure he'll be getting some of the biggest reactions when TNA are on the road. Plus Devon even gets a bigger reaction out of the crowd than Samoa Joe.

If Crimson is indeed unable to compete in the BFG Series, which seems likely, then there's 5 guys left fighting for those 4 spots. I think we'll most likely see James Storm vs. Bobby Roode and Bully Ray vs. Gunner at No Surrender. Although Rob Van Dam could easily take Gunner's place and face Bully Ray. Gunner's push has eased off slightly, as Crimson has taken the bull by the horns so to speak, so I wouldn't be surprised to TNA revert back to the tried and trusted and put Van Dam in there.

When Mike Tenay mentioned on iMPACT! that the top 4 will compete in singles matches, you've got to think that's so they can have James Storm vs. Bobby Roode? And with Beer Money both being featured on the BFG poster, perhaps No Surrender is where the end of that great team begins?

This could lead to Crimson vs. Joe at Bound For Glory. If Joe injured his ankle you would think TNA would put Crimson on the shelf for longer then 6 weeks. I'm not sure who would take Crimson's place at the top of the BFG series. I guess Bully Ray would be the first, followed by Beer Money and either Gunner or RVD. I can't picture anyone of those guys being in the main event at Bound For Glory except maybe Bobby Roode. I'm pretty sure Kurt Angle will be TNA champion at BFG. Roode vs. Angle may be the main event with Crimson facing Joe after his injury.

Well if the BFG series ends at No Surrender and one clearer challenger emerging then I see little hope in Storm or Roode getting it as I think it's gonna spill out into Storm vs Roode at BFG.

Here's the scene so far:

Devon is out
Crimson may be out
Pope maybe out too
AJ will continue his feud with Daniels
Bully Ray has Mr. Anderson to take care of
Matt Morgan is of course injured
Where there's Storm there's Roode, you can't have one getting there without the other
RVD vs Jerry Lynn in Philly? that's a given

Who's left? Gunner

:lmao:

Bobby Roode seems like the obvious choice atm with everyone else looking to be involved in other matches by BFG. I don't know where that leaves Storm but I can't see anyone else winning it at this point.

Fuckin hope so. I hope TNA finally decided "you know, he really isn't talented at all" and fires him and this is a way to write him off.

Although I will try to be unbias. I can see this as a way for Crimson to get the "valiant babyface back from injury to get revenge" cheers. Anyone who survives a match with Joe looks more like a badass so if they let Joe really kick the living fuck out of Crimson for 30 minutes and have Crimson keep coming, it could really put him over.

How can you say he has no talent at all and then be a fan of someone like Ezeikial Jackson in the WWE lol. If Crimson was in WWE you would probably defend him. He isn't horrible and has put on good matches with RVD and Angle even though that was mostly due to them making people look awesome. He can actually talk on the mic and even though he isn't great yet on it he is ten times better than someone like Swagger or Big Zeke and I'd say better than Sheamus as well.

How can you say he has no talent at all and then be a fan of someone like Ezeikial Jackson in the WWE lol. If Crimson was in WWE you would probably defend him. He isn't horrible and has put on good matches with RVD and Angle even though that was mostly due to them making people look awesome. He can actually talk on the mic and even though he isn't great yet on it he is ten times better than someone like Swagger or Big Zeke and I'd say better than Sheamus as well.
How am I a fan of Zeke? Because I said he does the basic shit well? Zeke DOES to the basic big man shit well. He stands with a presense and moves in a way that shows he's big and strong. His matches carry the basic storytelling formula.

Crimson is about as good as Zeke.

The difference is, WWE isn't pushing Zeke to be the next big thing. Also, "good matches with RVD and Angle" you mean there were a lot of moves in the matches. Angle doesn't sell or tell a story or have a legit finisher, RVD doesn't sell anything more than 10 seconds and doesn't tell a story.

Crimson sure as fuck isn't better than Sheamus who is constantly carrying a character (something he didn't do before and something Crimson doesn't do) and has a fleshed out character that people believe.

If Crimson was in the WWE it'd be because they sent him to FCW and he learned to have a character, to carry that character, to sell, to convey an emotion other than intensity, and to tell a story in the ring. He'd probably also be a midcarder. So yea, I probably would like him then. Instead he's a generic tatted up "big" man who does moves. He doesn't sell particularly well, his character isn't interesting, and he doesn't tell a story in the ring. Not all absolutely godawful if he's a midcarder, but he's not. He's being pushed as the future.

What most of you don't understand is that wrestling isn't about moves. It's about carrying a believable character, selling, and telling an in ring story. That's how you get over. Crimson doesn't do any of that. He "does moves" and that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back