Could CM Punk lead us in a New Revolution of Monday Night Wars?

and yet, WWE is worth more than ever and they haven't even launched their network or signed a new TV deal. You're the delusional one. WWE is wildly popular, just not with people like you because you're older. It never was as popular as people think. I was a fan before the tude era. The popularity just shifted to the trailer parks. WWE in the tude era was popular in the same way that Jersey Shore was popular. That's not sustainable. What they are doing now (despite their flaws damn near everything makes a ton of business sense) is sustainable and it's showing.

Before going into self righteous mode, did you even read my post?
Yes WWE has grown as a global company. They have evolved a lot in terms of marketing strategies.
Did I say WWE has peaked? Nope.I said wrestling peaked.
Can you compare the interest around wrestling with the interest around wrestling in the 1990s?
Look at the players back then and the players today. Stone Cold, The Rock, Hogan, NWO, Goldberg etc are among the most polarizing superstars in history.
Look at ratings that WWE and WCW were pulling together.Sure, ratings cannot be trusted these days but there is a point to deduct from the fact that you have 2 wrestling show running simultaneously at prime time and doing great numbers.
Is the point of this thread a discussion about WWE business strategies? Nope.
Interest around wrestling, the current players and many other factors do not exist anymore to re-create "a new revolution of Monday Night Wars".
That was btw the point of thread.
If you want to discuss WWE as business, I would agree with you.
They are are doing great as a business as the can allow themselves to have business strategies that addresses a broader audience. That said, they can do that due to the success they've had before that make them a monopoly today. The superiority of WWE vs. TNA or others is not in terms of the quality of the product.

Downgrading the popularity of the attitude era does not help your point either. Monday night wars represent the most popular time for wrestling , I think that's a point that even Vince Mcmahon would agree to. But it is a bigger business now that it was then, i agree. But then again, not the point of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back