Corey Taylor May Be New Velvet Revolver Frontman

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So Slipknot and Stone Sour Frontman Corey Taylor may be becoming the new Velvet Revolver singer, replacing Scott Weiland.

Initially I was worried because I only had heard Corey Taylor singing Slipknot songs and I just don't like that style of singing and didn't think it would go well with Velvet Revolver's music. However after listening to some Stone Sour I'm less skeptical. Corey Taylor can actually sing and if he can reach a middle ground between his Slipknot singing and Stone Sour singing I think it would be good for Velvet Revolver.

What are your thoughts on this? Good, Bad, Indifferent. Do you think Taylor can gel well with Slash and co???

I kinda don't like it, I've never really liked Corey but for the love of god as long as you get out that fucking coked out moron from fronting one of the best guitarists of all time I'm happy. I believe slash's guitar playing right now is way up to par with his old G'nr stuff. I've seen some stuff from him that I believed never would come out of a guitar now.

Corey Taylor is an excellent frontman, I never really cared for him in Slipknot, but his mellower work with Stone Sour has proven to me that the guy can really sing.

Even so, he does seem a strange choice to take up lead vocals for VR, their style of music is totally different to anything else Taylor has been a part of. Also, will his voice suit the stuff they have already released when he sings it in concert. Scott Weiland could go alot higher pitched than Corey and it will sound very different when someone else sings it in a deeper voice.

Still, if this is the case and he does take over as lead singer, then I am looking to hearing the stuff live, and hopefully VR will come back to the UK for another tour. The only other point I am going to make is...how can Taylor be frontman for 3 seperate bands, espcially 3 very successful bands?! Thats crazy

No way on hell this is going to happen. I like Corey, but being in THREE bands? No, to much job for one frontman. Plus with the tragedy that stroked SLipknot, I don't think hew is thinking something that ain't involving Slipknot. Plus he said that Stone Sour and Slipknot already have dates for touring.

I would like to see it, it sounds nteresting but it ain't going to happen.

Slash even said that Corey wouldn't be in the band. Simply because the guys in VR didn't like his singing and honestly... Corey couldn't sing sleazy hard rock in the first place, why even try? I don't mind his SS or Slipknot vocals as I've seen them both live, but when singing Hard Rock with blues elements you've got to have a certain voice. And like VR said, he simply didn't have it.

i'm a fan of corey but his vocal style doesn't fit velvet's. how about myles kennedy, m.shadows or john bush i think their style can jive w/ velvet revolver .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back