Who Should Be The New Velvet Revolver Singer

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So Velvet Revolver has been on hiatus ever since firing original singer Scott Weiland (also of Stone Temple Pilots). There's been several rumblings of different singers possibly up for the spot. Slipknot/Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor, ex-Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach and current Slash singer/Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy.

My question is who do you reckon would be a good fit. The only criteria is they have to be alive (obviously) and can't be either Corey Taylor, Sebastian Bach or Myles Kennedy because these debates have been done to death.

Personally one of my picks would be Ryan McCombs of Soil/Drowning Pool. Guys got the style of voice similar to Weiland and could do the heavier songs like Slither and has a voice that could work on stuff like Fall To Pieces. Just listen to Halo and Redefine

[YOUTUBE]RFc-2aNZ6VY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WkqJ8SvaDfc[/YOUTUBE]

I'll probably think of some more at some point but who do you guys reckon would be a good fit??

Oh and you can't say Axl Rose for a gag

That's an interesting choice as a suggestion for the new VR frontman. I do like Ryan McCombs voice, but I disagree that he's in any way similar to Scott Weiland. I couldn't imagine Scott singing anything like "Halo", and I just don't see Ryan's style fitting with Velvet Revolver tracks (or the Guns covers they often play).

I think if I had to pick anyone, it would be Chris Cornell. I think he'd be very well suited to the style of VR's tracks and could possibly do double duty in both VR and Soundgarden as Myles Kennedy does with Alter Bridge and Slash? I doubt we'd see this happen though.

Also, if I had to say someone who's vocals are similar to Scott Weiland's- why not Wes Scantlin of Puddle of Mudd- his grungey style would work really well on VR's material I feel. However, people may laugh at that suggestion, as I don't know how public opinion is on POM these days in the US. I saw them live a couple of years ago (they did a double-headline tour with Soil actually), and his voice still sounded superb. I do know he's had issues with drugs in recent years, and with the problems VR had with Weiland's addictions, they may not want another drug-taking vocallist....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back