• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Congratulations

He wasn't a member of the roster, sure, but he was still on the boards and more active than you. He's been making graphics and videos for a few months now for the fed. Plus he said publicly he'd return after the Lottery, I believe it was even on his sig.

Not trying to pick a fight but it just seems like a pointless thing to complain about.

1) I was logged onto the boards the whole time, I just didn't post. I was also invisible but both Yazloz and Kermit (at least) know that I was on these boards on a regular basis. I wasn't posting because I wanted to keep my return a surprise (and in all honesty it was the only real surprise as every other returner had posted in the discussion thread several times between all or nothing and the lottery. Yes that includes Hunter Kravinoff, I remember quite clearly seeing Coco posting in the discussion thread and saying to I think Yazloz that i thought Kravinoff was returning - I'm not complaining that they did that just to clarify)

2) it actually is a perfectly valid question to ask, especially since it was explicitly stated in the thread for the whole application process that you MUST be a currently active member of the fed in order to apply. Currently active and having a guy on the roster are synonymous and the answer Falkon gave me (which was that KJ had told creative exactly when he planned to return and so it wasn't an issue since he'd be active by the time he was called upon to do anything) answered my concerns. Because frankly, and this not intended as a jab at anyone, there are lots of people on the forums that have never and will never be a part of the fed that are able to contribute graphics.

3) if you said you're not picking a fight why post that deliberately antagonistic post right after I thanked Falkon for his answer to my question and bringing it up again?

He wasn't a member of the roster, sure, but he was still on the boards and more active than you. He's been making graphics and videos for a few months now for the fed. Plus he said publicly he'd return after the Lottery, I believe it was even on his sig.

Not trying to pick a fight but it just seems like a pointless thing to complain about.

1) I was logged onto the boards the whole time, I just didn't post. I was also invisible but both Yazloz and Kermit (at least) know that I was on these boards on a regular basis. I wasn't posting because I wanted to keep my return a surprise (and in all honesty it was the only real surprise as every other returner had posted in the discussion thread several times between all or nothing and the lottery. Yes that includes Hunter Kravinoff, I remember quite clearly seeing Coco posting in the discussion thread and saying to I think Yazloz that i thought Kravinoff was returning - I'm not complaining that they did that just to clarify)

2) it actually is a perfectly valid question to ask, especially since it was explicitly stated in the thread for the whole application process that you MUST be a currently active member of the fed in order to apply. Currently active and having a guy on the roster are synonymous and the answer Falkon gave me (which was that KJ had told creative exactly when he planned to return and so it wasn't an issue since he'd be active by the time he was called upon to do anything) answered my concerns. Because frankly, and this not intended as a jab at anyone, there are lots of people on the forums that have never and will never be a part of the fed that are able to contribute graphics.

3) if you said you're not picking a fight why post that deliberately antagonistic post right after I thanked Falkon for his answer to my question and bringing it up again?

Shotaro's use of a Post Icon inspired me. I'm going to use this argument to establish my reputation as the cool, sunglasses wearing creative member that settles disagreements.

I thought Shotaro's question was worth asking, and I think the point Skoodge is missing is that Shotaro wasn't implying he was a more worthy candidate than Killjoy, he was just trying to figure out why Killjoy was selected over someone else who applied that has been an active member of the fed more recently.

That said, I don't think anybody here disagrees that Killjoy has plenty to offer creative. The dude may not have been posting RPs, but his graphic work for WZCW.com has still been top notch and something that regulars and creative alike love.

There's no argument to be had here, everyone is happy with the decisions, and if they're not, they can suck on my wiener.

Hebrew+National.JPG

JGlass, Killjoy, congratulations.

I was pulling for J to be on because when it comes to being creative, he's got the right mind. I didn't know KJ applied, but I'm glad he did.

Never mind this post... I should recheck before I post :p

To post something instead of nothing; everyone who submitted an application did very well. I don't know why we've never done this before. Not only was it a great way to choose a new creative member(s), but also allows us to know ahead of time who else will make a great addition.

Congrats to you both. Now be prepared for me to aggrivate the everloving hell out of both of you with the plethora of ideas that I have :)

Never mind this post... I should recheck before I post :p

To post something instead of nothing; everyone who submitted an application did very well. I don't know why we've never done this before. Not only was it a great way to choose a new creative member(s), but also allows us to know ahead of time who else will make a great addition.

I'd like to know what, if anything, you thought of my application.

I asked Harthan if there was any chance of some feedback, but never did get anything!

Shame to hear that Ty is definitely stepping down. Between him and Showtime there goes my two favourite match writers, no disrespect to the others but they were both widely considered awesome. You two have large shoes to fill and you will no doubt fail.

Losing Ty is a massive issue. I honestly believe he will be a huge loss, for his leadership as much as anything.

Fair enough, thanks for answering man. I'm not trying to be antagonistic but at the same time felt that it was a question worth asking.
No biggie on the question. When I asked the character to be written out, I mentioned when I'd be back given the reason I left was because I was moving from Puerto Rico to Cali. And a tad of RP exhaustion which one round off would've cured. I didn't think about it at all until you pointed it out though given I was always in talks about my return.

Shame to hear that Ty is definitely stepping down. Between him and Showtime there goes my two favourite match writers, no disrespect to the others but they were both widely considered awesome. You two have large shoes to fill and you will no doubt fail.

shoe-cat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back