Con Artists

It's completely normal to marry someone and get their stuff? All of their stuff?

Even if you were only married for 13 months and did not pay for anything?

Yes that is normal. Unless your uncle had a will leaving certain items to certain people, she gets it all.

My family has been with him for 50 years. We bought his house. We bought his car. We gave it to him. That was his, and now it should go back to us.

Then he should have left the home to one of your family members. The same with the car. If he didn't have a will, again I say, she gets it all. That is the law.

This woman is a con artist. She has done this for years. She has been married anywhere from 6-10 times. At least 3 husbands have died. She was relieved of her nursing license for stealing from her patients. She went to jail 3 years ago for uttering forgery. She has went to different churches and lied for money.

Now this is were you are getting kind of out of hand. Either she's been married 6 times or 10? You don't know why her husbands died, so saying she is responsible can get you sued for libel. She committed a crime and did jail time, not the marrying kind. But then again, YOUR UNCLE didn't do his homework did he, this all came out afterwards.

We're supposed to let her come in for just over a year, possibly kill him, and get everything?

Again throwing out accusations of murder unless you have proof can get you in trouble. If you think she killed him, then why are you talking about this here, why aren't you going to the police?

Now to address some of the other comments that have been made about marriage and financial equality. I have been married to the same man for over 25 years.

We have both worked and put together the down payment for our house, as a matter of fact most of it came from me, as he was still in university at the time, I was already working.

Since we got married the only time I took off was for a one year maternity leave, otherwise I have been an equal partner in what was put into the bank. Yes we have a nice house and it's paid off now, he makes more money than I do, but what I make is put into the bank as well.

Actually we just made a new will last year, and the house goes to our son if anything happens to either one of us. I would be happy buying a nice little condo somewhere, as I don't think I would want to live in this house without my husband. Too many memories.

So I guess there are some that are equal partners, some that live off others, and to tar everyone with the same brush is ridiculous.

Mate it sucks that this happened to your family and that your uncle was hoodwinked, it does.

But next of kin is exactly that. Next. The spouse is next, unless declared otherwise through copious amounts of legal documentation. Then it's whatever nearest blood relatives, and then further and further away.

Inheritance has always worked like this, generally favouring men in but in the recent few decades, favouring women equally. Inheritance operates on the logic of who is legally nearest, and unfortunately this bitch displaced all of you by marrying your uncle.

Before 2015 in the UK, for example, women could not inherit the British throne in the Royal Family (now they can, and also heirs to the throne can marry Catholics now, which was disallowed previously). However, based on the next of kin, the next 6 heirs at least are male unless Kate Middleton pops out a daughter sometime in the next 10 years.

What does this have to do with other countries? Well, other countries also have a set order of inheritance to go on. It's like GSB set, society sets an order to keep things tidy, legally speaking.

Addendum: I don't think it's cool to label the guy a "moron" since no-one in this thread ever met the man aside from BSE.

If you don't believe it is report it to the police, present the evidence.

I don't believe you for the record.

Sorry for the really late reply. I just needed some time to clear my thoughts.

Well I'm not 100% saying she killed him, but I do have plenty of evidence.

-- At his death, she gained $100,000 in life insurance.
-- She wouldn't let us talk to him at any point during the trip.
-- Her son told my family that she killed one of her other husbands and for my uncle to 'watch out'.
-- She has changed her story numerous times (What time he was found dead, what day they did what on the trip, if he ate breakfast, etc.)
-- EDIT - She also texted my aunt saying his oxygen level was getting very low, but she did nothing about it.

I wouldnt say thats evidence that she did it. Suspicious activity yes but there isnt anything there that makes me say beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it

Sorry for the really late reply. I just needed some time to clear my thoughts.

Well I'm not 100% saying she killed him, but I do have plenty of evidence.

-- At his death, she gained $100,000 in life insurance.
-- She wouldn't let us talk to him at any point during the trip.
-- Her son told my family that she killed one of her other husbands and for my uncle to 'watch out'.
-- She has changed her story numerous times (What time he was found dead, what day they did what on the trip, if he ate breakfast, etc.)
-- EDIT - She also texted my aunt saying his oxygen level was getting very low, but she did nothing about it.

I'm sorry BSE but this reads like something out of those Real Detective magazines you see at the supermarket checkouts.

Now make no mistake, I am genuinely sorry the loss of your family member and you have my deepest condolences. The only thing is you seem to be fixated on is something that may or may not have happened here.

If you and the rest of your family feel strongly enough that a crime was committed, then why haven't you gone to the police instead of posting this on a wrestling forum? If I thought my family member was murdered I'd be camped on the police department's doorstep until they did something about it.

I'm guessing that emotions are running high, and the most you have to go on is speculation and conjecture at best. You have no real proof of any wrong doing, you are just upset that this lady got something you and your family feels they should have received instead.

My sister is a prosecutor and she wouldn't take this case unless there was definitive proof that the lady in question did something to cause your uncle's demise. You have no evidence other than what appears to be bad feelings between the two sides and that in itself doesn't make your uncle's death a crime.

I'm sorry BSE but this reads like something out of those Real Detective magazines you see at the supermarket checkouts.

Now make no mistake, I am genuinely sorry the loss of your family member and you have my deepest condolences. The only thing is you seem to be fixated on is something that may or may not have happened here.

If you and the rest of your family feel strongly enough that a crime was committed, then why haven't you gone to the police instead of posting this on a wrestling forum? If I thought my family member was murdered I'd be camped on the police department's doorstep until they did something about it.

I'm guessing that emotions are running high, and the most you have to go on is speculation and conjecture at best. You have no real proof of any wrong doing, you are just upset that this lady got something you and your family feels they should have received instead.

My sister is a prosecutor and she wouldn't take this case unless there was definitive proof that the lady in question did something to cause your uncle's demise. You have no evidence other than what appears to be bad feelings between the two sides and that in itself doesn't make your uncle's death a crime.

Oh we are going to detectives eventually. I just thought this would be a good discussion for the WZ Symposium.

My family has been to a lawyer who is very experienced and well-known. He said he's taking care of it and for us not to worry.

We do eventually plan on maybe doing an autopsy after we get her out of the house. (Apparently it was my grandpa's after all instead of my uncle's)

I guess discussing this on the wrestling forum wasn't the best idea or the right course of action, but again I just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Oh we are going to detectives eventually. I just thought this would be a good discussion for the WZ Symposium.

My family has been to a lawyer who is very experienced and well-known. He said he's taking care of it and for us not to worry.

We do eventually plan on maybe doing an autopsy after we get her out of the house. (Apparently it was my grandpa's after all instead of my uncle's)

I guess discussing this on the wrestling forum wasn't the best idea or the right course of action, but again I just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

All right you keep changing your story here so I don't know what to believe anymore. You conveniently forgot in your OP to tell us that your uncle had died and gave the impression he was still alive and she had somehow fleeced him out of his belongings. That got everyone going.

Then you say your family had spoken to a lawyer and he said there was nothing your family can do. Now you say another lawyer said your family will get what is coming to them. Quite frankly I think it will be a huge bill from him and you will still have what you have now, which is nothing.

You have also stated that your family are the ones who bought your uncle his house, car and numerous other things that this woman got. As it turns out the family didn't buy him his house, it is your grandfather's house. Can you see why this story that you are weaving is beginning to sound disingenuous and a little farfetched?

The law is the same in most states and countries. When a spouse passes away the other spouse gets what they own. If the house was your uncle's then unless he filed a will giving it to someone else, will go to the wife. So will all his belongings, again unless certain things are left to others in a swore will. If the house belongs to your grandfather and is in his name, then he should be legally able to evict her. So I don't see a problem there. If it is in your uncle's name then it is her's nothing you can do about it.

Also if you think she did something wrong, then why are you waiting? I would have gone to the police immediately. When someone dies of natural causes like a heart attack, unless there is overwhelming evidence of foul play the police will not do anything.

Like I said before, my husband and I made a new will last year stating out exactly what was to happen to everything when something happens to one of us. Basically my son gets the house, contents, cars and life insurance policies. Neither of us gets anything, except the privilege of staying in the house until our time comes. He also gets half the money in the bank account, my husband or I get the other half. He gets the whole thing if and when both of us go. When you don't have a will things get murky, and while death is usually unexpected it is always a good idea to have one in place.

We have talked to the lawyer. Things are just taking a while, and I got discouraged. He's been saying everything is fine from the start.

We did buy my uncle a house and let him live in it. It was in my grandfather's name the entire time. The house was never in my uncle's name. The car was (even though we bought it) we put it in his name, so that's hers. We're considering suing her for the funeral bill.

However the main problem is that we're waiting until we get her out of the house. We went to court once but it was rescheduled because her mother passed away. We are going to go to court again after our lawyer gets out of the hospital. We also have plenty of evidence and will eventually do an autopsy.

My uncle didn't have a will is because he didn't expect to die any time soon. His doctor said he was doing great.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back