Con Artists

BestSportsEntertainer

I Don't Need No User Title
A little over a year ago, my uncle met a woman online. She had two kids and just went through a rough divorce. A month later they got married.

We did some research and found out more shocking information.

- She has been married at least six times before. Two of her husbands mysteriously died.
- She has two felonies and spent time in jail just 3 years ago
- She has been to multiple different churches and lied for money

She also gets all of his possessions - his house, his car, and all of his stuff inside his house.

How is this right? How can someone with her background come in, take everything, leave, and get away with it?

Because women like that prey on desperate people. A friend of mine was in the same situation. He met a woman online with a similar background and married her after a few weeks. After a short time he was clearly miserable and he seemed to know he was making a mistake but he married her anyway. I asked him why he married her and he flat out said because he was desperate and didn't think he was ever going to meet anyone else. In his mind being miserable with this shady person was still better than being alone. I haven't seen him in about three years now so I'm a little curious if he's still with her, or still alive given her past (just kidding.....mostly, I think). Anyway, when someone is that desperate they'll convince themselves to go against better judgment just to have somebody, anybody. And when there's somebody that knows how to pull those strings and take advantage the desperate people can easily be fooled.

Greed effects everyone, morals rarely effect someone who can legally rob someone else of everything they're worth.

I had a co-worker who married his high school sweetheart right after graduating, they were together for the twenty years that he invested in his career. They had the life; two cars, big house, three awesome kids and everytime you saw them you thought of how lucky they were to be together.

Right after he retired, she divorced him and thus would earn half his pension every month. She waited until he retired to file for divorce so she could collect free money and not have him around.

There's more though. After asking for the divorce, she told him that she wasn't comfortable sleeping under the same roof as him and begged him to get an apartment, which he foolishly did. This was in Arizona, and he was obviously very naïve about the laws governing divorce in that state. Because he signed a lease for an apartment, she basically got everything. The house, the cars and everything inside the house all became hers.

I was having to drive him to the grocery store, and when he told me what she did it was shocking to say the least. She seemed like an awesome woman, but she deliberately ruined his life and to this day she still doesn't think that she did anything morally wrong.

Greed effects everyone, morals rarely effect someone who can legally rob someone else of everything they're worth.

I had a co-worker who married his high school sweetheart right after graduating, they were together for the twenty years that he invested in his career. They had the life; two cars, big house, three awesome kids and everytime you saw them you thought of how lucky they were to be together.

Right after he retired, she divorced him and thus would earn half his pension every month. She waited until he retired to file for divorce so she could collect free money and not have him around.

There's more though. After asking for the divorce, she told him that she wasn't comfortable sleeping under the same roof as him and begged him to get an apartment, which he foolishly did. This was in Arizona, and he was obviously very naïve about the laws governing divorce in that state. Because he signed a lease for an apartment, she basically got everything. The house, the cars and everything inside the house all became hers.

I was having to drive him to the grocery store, and when he told me what she did it was shocking to say the least. She seemed like an awesome woman, but she deliberately ruined his life and to this day she still doesn't think that she did anything morally wrong.

And this is the fucking reason I have trust issues when it comes to women. My God, what an awful story.

Anyway, you're asking how this woman could do this BSE? Simple. Your uncle let her. This is why people tell you not to marry somebody as soon as you meet them, because surprise, surprise, a lot of the times you don't really know them. This lady is obviously a scumbag or something much worse, but it's naive to think that people like her don't exist. She's a con artist, it's what they do. It's not right, but it's reality. Don't want to say it's your uncle's fault because I don't know the whole situation, but he really should have done that research before getting involved with this person.

I hope everything works out for your uncle, it's a good life lesson for you nonetheless.

How can someone with her background come in, take everything, leave, and get away with it?

Wait for it....

A little over a year ago, my uncle met a woman online. . A month later they got married.

That's how.

Your uncle is a moron, hopefully he learned his lesson.

The system is set up to shield those who have become dependant, and a small minority abuse the ever loving motherfuck out of it. Happens in pretty much every level and type of infrastructure we have on earth.

The way to prevent it? Don't leave yourself susceptible. Marry someone who has/makes way more money than you, like I did.

A little over a year ago, my uncle met a woman online. She had two kids and just went through a rough divorce. A month later they got married.

First of all I'm very sympathetic to your uncle's case, but this was his first mistake. You don't know anyone within a month's time. I've been married 25 years and still my husband sometimes surprises me with what he comes out with. I mean hell, you don't even know what a pet will do in that length of time.

I'm afraid Norcal is right, your uncle is a moron.

We did some research and found out more shocking information.

- She has been married at least six times before. Two of her husbands mysteriously died.
- She has two felonies and spent time in jail just 3 years ago
- She has been to multiple different churches and lied for money

Why didn't he do this research first? If he had done, he wouldn't be in the predicament he is now. But in saying that don't be surprised to find out that people have pasts, and they aren't always that lily white. People can change for the better. Obviously this woman didn't though.

She also gets all of his possessions - his house, his car, and all of his stuff inside his house.

How so. Get a lawyer and make a will leaving her nothing. That way she will not benefit from his death. It can be done you know. What I would do if I was him is start now giving stuff to relatives to hold for him. You know stuff he wants them to have anyway just in case. That way she can't get if even if something horrible was to happen to him.

She can't stop him giving his belongings away, they aren't hers yet. And make sure that the house doesn't go to her either. It can be left to relatives, and she will have to move out.

How is this right? How can someone with her background come in, take everything, leave, and get away with it?

It's not right, but he made a mistake and now has to either put up with it or deal with it. He should contact an attorney and find out what his options are. A lawyer might even suggest he divorce her, on the basis that she married him under false pretenses. Even though he should have found out himself first. But the courts would most likely help him out now. It will cost him though, and he won't make the mistake again.

As I said his first mistake was not researching out her background, his second mistake will be not doing anything about it now. Internet relationships can work. My girlfriend in Oklahoma has been married her husband for over 11 years now and they are very happy. She came from England to meet him, and it turned out okay for both of them. So not all relationships started over the net end up like your uncle's did.

Guys I'm sorry I forgot to post this, but he's dead. They went on a trip, and he died. The death certificate said it was due to heart failure.

I know he made a mistake, but goodness he was just desperate.

The lawyer said she was his wife and there's nothing we can do about it.

Guys I'm sorry I forgot to post this, but he's dead. They went on a trip, and he died. The death certificate said it was due to heart failure.

Seems a bit weird that she has a history of her ex husbands mysteriously dying, and now your uncle has passed (sorry to hear, RIP). I mean how coincidental.

I can't give much about the situation but atleast it has opened your eyes for the future.

Then what the fuck are you bitching about? If he passes away, of course his significant other gets his stuff. That's completely normal.....are you insinuating that she murdered your uncle?

This isn't just some mundane detail. They got married. He died. Who do you think his possessions default to? Seriously, are you missing any other "small" detail? Or did you really just turn this thread from "My Uncle is dumb," to "BSE is dumb"? Because the second one we already knew.

Edit: Yeah what NorCal said.

Pretty much what NorCal and Fire Marshall have said. That's unfortunately the situation. My Mum was in a situation like this until two days ago actually. My pop/ mums dad died. The step mum (or my pops significant other) of 40 years got everything. Mum and step- nanny haven't liked each other the whole time. They never made it public but both knew were they stood. That wasn't the problem, the problem is what she is going to do with the stuff once she passes away (she has cancer and is still battling strong). She told Mum that all the stuff will be going to her best friend instead of my Mum. Made Mum furious like it would, the only memories she could have of her dad are now going to some person who lives in another country and isn't even part of the family.

Hard to make it fair for any side of the family but it is what it is. Gotta give everyone the benefit.

Was your uncle Prince?

Did you or your family take this information to the police or media? This is salacious. This is the main plot of the second Addams Family movie. Seriously, if you have reason to believe that this woman married your uncle under false pretenses or was somewhat responsible for his death then you need to do more than share it in the WZ Symposium. Let us know what happens. Is Dateline still a thing?

But to answer your question, the answer is nice titties. Men will do anything for some nice titties. I was once in a check out line late at night and there was this exotic looking knockout checking out in front of me. I had my car keys at the front of the conveyor belt so that the cashier would swipe my Jewel discount card. The cashier mindlessly grabbed the keyes and handed them to the gorgeous woman. She looked surprised and said something to the effect of "these aren't mind", I sheepishly replied, "you can have it". She smiled and handed me the keys back. I stared at her boobs since it my go to reaction when I am afraid to make eye contact (and I really like boobs).

Leaving the store I saw her pull out in her shiny BMW. I guess she didn't need my seven year old Ford.

Edit: P.S. - sorry for your loss. You are clearly not through the grieving process.

One small detail, you missed the most important detail. Good God man. I'm sorry for your loss but Jesus Christ, I thought he was still alive and living in misery.

I have no idea what the point of this whole thread was about other than the fact it made you look like a fool. Or were you coning us all along. Hmmm I have one eye on you now.

The system is set up to shield those who have become dependant, and a small minority abuse the ever loving motherfuck out of it. Happens in pretty much every level and type of infrastructure we have on earth.

I'm gonna disagree with you here man about the "small minority" because women are so far and away given atleast 50% or more of their husband's money and assets it's nothing close to a minority number, its the norm. Doesn't matter if you never held a job for 20 years, ever contributed income, or had one thing to do with your husband's business, you get at least half...for no fucking reason. The divorce courts fuck men over every day. Maybe I'm just a dick but there is zero reason why anyone is ever entitled to someone else's money just because they were in a relationship with them (outside child support). Cause otherwise I'm owed thousands in back taxes for dating rich girls for multiple years who broke my heart.

!? I'm very sorry that this happened to you.

Would you be comfortable giving us her name? Maybe in a PM?

I'm gonna disagree with you here man about the "small minority" because women are so far and away given atleast 50% or more of their husband's money and assets it's nothing close to a minority number, its the norm. Doesn't matter if you never held a job for 20 years, ever contributed income, or had one thing to do with your husband's business, you get at least half...for no fucking reason. The divorce courts fuck men over every day. Maybe I'm just a dick but there is zero reason why anyone is ever entitled to someone else's money just because they were in a relationship with them (outside child support). Cause otherwise I'm owed thousands in back taxes for dating rich girls for multiple years who broke my heart.

It's our male privilege to lose all our shit in a divorce. Thats equality. Or at least whatever the fuck equality is meant to be these days.

No shit the other day on Q&A (dont know if you have something similar but its a tv show where experts and media personalities gather to discuss varying issues) over here in Australia, Germaine Greer used the fucking phrase "the un-paid service of a wife" fuck me dead, that kind of shit is why feminism gets a bad wrap.

I'm gonna disagree with you here man about the "small minority" because women are so far and away given atleast 50% or more of their husband's money and assets it's nothing close to a minority number, its the norm. Doesn't matter if you never held a job for 20 years, ever contributed income, or had one thing to do with your husband's business, you get at least half...for no fucking reason.

There is a reason, it's called getting married in the first place. Its kind of the deal going in to it.

The divorce courts fuck men over every day. Maybe I'm just a dick but there is zero reason why anyone is ever entitled to someone else's money just because they were in a relationship with them (outside child support).

The reason is because you got married in the first place.

Cause otherwise I'm owed thousands in back taxes for dating rich girls for multiple years who broke my heart.

There is no arrangement in or out of marriage where a woman owes you taxes.

However, there is an arrangement where if you are married to a woman and you rack up a lot of debt she is as responsible for it as you are and will suffer for it as well. Even if she never knew about your Hummel Figurine habit.

It's all part of marriage.

Then what the fuck are you bitching about? If he passes away, of course his significant other gets his stuff. That's completely normal.....are you insinuating that she murdered your uncle?

It's completely normal to marry someone and get their stuff? All of their stuff?

Even if you were only married for 13 months and did not pay for anything?

My family has been with him for 50 years. We bought his house. We bought his car. We gave it to him. That was his, and now it should go back to us.

This woman is a con artist. She has done this for years. She has been married anywhere from 6-10 times. At least 3 husbands have died. She was relieved of her nursing license for stealing from her patients. She went to jail 3 years ago for uttering forgery. She has went to different churches and lied for money.

We're supposed to let her come in for just over a year, possibly kill him, and get everything?

It's completely normal to marry someone and get their stuff? All of their stuff?

Yes

Yes. If he didn't have a legal, binding will or anything that gave his stuff to others the laws in his state probably say everything goes to his spouse.

My family has been with him for 50 years. We bought his house. We bought his car. We gave it to him. That was his, and now it should go back to us.

Not in the eyes of the law.

This woman is a con artist. She has done this for years. She has been married anywhere from 6-10 times. At least 3 husbands have died. She was relieved of her nursing license for stealing from her patients. She went to jail 3 years ago for uttering forgery. She has went to different churches and lied for money.

We're supposed to let her come in for just over a year, possibly kill him, and get everything?

It's your choice. You can try to take all this to court or you can break the law by stealing what is now "her stuff".

Again, it is your call. Have you discussed this with your family? Has anyone in your family discussed this with an estate attorney? This are the avenues you may want to consider taking instead of sharing with WZ Forums.

But I've enjoyed this thread, it has been somewhat entertaining since I have no skin in this game so keep the ranting coming.

Honestly GSB your entire argument is "this is the law so that's that" without taking two seconds to acknowledge what this man, myself, and several others in this thread are ACTUALLY talking about---whether this law is right. I don't think I actually need to reference the hundreds of completely fucked up laws we've had on the books do I? Would you say the same things about "Well gee howdy IT'S THE LAW BUD" if we were talking about it being illegal for a black person to marry a white person?

Absolutely no one in this thread has argued whether these were legal or illegal decisions. No one. Your argument completely misses the entire fucking point. We're arguing whether these laws and rules are just and right, not their validity in a court of law. Address the issue we're raising or leave the conversation because you're contributing nothing whatsoever. You know how many millions of people have been conned out of their money through "legal" schemes that pray on peoples trust and naivete? If you think thats A-Okay when a senile old man gives away his entire life savings to a con artist who sweet talked him, you're a pretty scummy human being.

The point (which I thought was obvious as fuck but lo and behold here I actually having to explain it) is that the laws and courts themselves routinely fuck men over like it was one of the ten commandments. The law can, and SO MANY times in history has been show to be morally wrong and often disgusting. If your only argument is "its the law!" then your argument is dogshit. The law also says marijuana is as dangerous as heroin. Shall we argue that one next?

Honestly GSB your entire argument is "this is the law so that's that" without taking two seconds to acknowledge what this man, myself, and several others in this thread are ACTUALLY talking about---whether this law is right.

Law isn't about what is right or wrong. It is about setting guidelines for a society that works best. In this case, I don't think there is anything wrong with the idea that government takes marriage very serious to the point where it becomes an equal financial partnership. Where both members are entitled and responsible for the other.

But you've stated your 'the law sucks' opinion, what is your alternative?

I don't think I actually need to reference the hundreds of completely fucked up laws we've had on the books do I? Would you say the same things about "Well gee howdy IT'S THE LAW BUD" if we were talking about it being illegal for a black person to marry a white person?

Um, ok, interesting comparison. That would be an unfair law as I find it discriminatory and biased.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the idea that marriage is a financial partnership.

Absolutely no one in this thread has argued whether these were legal or illegal decisions.

Most people in this thread are confused as to the point. NorCal wisely pointed out how moronic BSE's uncle sounds. He's right. BSE's uncle probably should have never married this woman. He should have at least got a pre-nupt or found a way to will the house and car to his family if that's what he wanted.

Or maybe he wasn't a moron. Maybe he didn't give a shit if he died and his wife got everything.

Really? Because BSE seemed quite upset when NorCal pointed out that it is normal for a wife to get their spouse's possessions when he dies.

Your argument completely misses the entire fucking point. We're arguing whether these laws and rules are just and right, not their validity in a court of law. Address the issue we're raising or leave the conversation because you're contributing nothing whatsoever.

Read the OP again. He asks why the spouse gets everything, the answer is simple. I answered it simply and kind of obnoxiously.

You ranted about some ideal of marriage that does not exist and some giant conglomerate of boogie women that prey on the desperate. Marriage is a choice. Like I said before, you can get a pre-nupt or will your possessions elsewhere OR NOT GET MARRIED. If you don't do those things you run the risk of losing them. A woman can lose them the same way.

Again this is very simple.

You know how many millions of people have been conned out of their money through "legal" schemes that pray on peoples trust and naivete? If you think thats A-Okay when a senile old man gives away his entire life savings to a con artist who sweet talked him, you're a pretty scummy human being.

And the courts would open a case against the woman if there were some evidence that she killed him or married him under false pretenses or that he wanted something to go to someone other than his wife but those things have not been shown to exist.

The point (which I thought was obvious as fuck but lo and behold here I actually having to explain it) is that the laws and courts themselves routinely fuck men over like it was one of the ten commandments.

You have to be kidding me. Where do you get this knowledge? Are some type of legal scholar? Where is this coming from beyond your opinion? How are men getting screwed when they know the ramifications of marriage going in to it?

The law can, and SO MANY times in history has been show to be morally wrong and often disgusting. If your only argument is "its the law!" then your argument is dogshit. The law also says marijuana is as dangerous as heroin. Shall we argue that one next?

What law says marijuana is as dangerous as heroin? How is that even a law?

You don't have to get married. BSE's uncle didn't have to get married. BSE's family didn't have to gift him a house or car. They could have been co-signers on the deed if they felt those items were anything less than gifts.

BSE - I'm sorry I missed the comment where you said you talked to a lawyer. You can ignore my comment on going to one. You may want to seek out a private investigator. But keep in mind that even if a court found that the wife is not entitled to your uncle's stuff, the person who gifted him the home and car may not be the heir to those assets.

X, are you still talking about divorce or are you talking about death? Because a spouse getting everything is what should happen. If you dont want that to happen get a will. Anyone that doesnt have a will once they have items that are valuable or sentimental is negligible.

BSE's problem is that he thinks his Aunt killed his Uncle and BSE got no inheritance

What law says marijuana is as dangerous as heroin? How is that even a law?
The federal law that classifies them both as Class A illegal narcotics.

Now on topic. BSE what happened fucking sucks and for whatever it's worth you have my condolences. Sadly now that he's passed your easy option of talking to him is no longer on the table and the fact he left no will makes this a sticky situation.

If you think he was murdered and have proof go to the cops and maybe they'll investigate, maybe they won't that's on them.

Or you can go to an lawyer and see what your options are that route.

I'm not sure what other, if any, options you have.

The federal law that classifies them both as Class A illegal narcotics.

Now on topic. BSE what happened fucking sucks and for whatever it's worth you have my condolences. Sadly now that he's passed your easy option of talking to him is no longer on the table and the fact he left no will makes this a sticky situation.

If you think he was murdered and have proof go to the cops and maybe they'll investigate, maybe they won't that's on them.

Or you can go to an lawyer and see what your options are that route.

I'm not sure what other, if any, options you have.

Actually it doesnt make it sticky at all. It makes it pretty simple. Since BSE has basically already accused his aunt of murder I'd love to hear if his any actual proof or if he's just pissed off

Yes that is normal.

If I was married and died I'd expect the things to go to my spouse not my siblings are nephews. You state they said the death was due to heart failure. If you don't believe it is report it to the police, present the evidence.

I don't believe you for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back